What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

Ugh my reply disappeared?

New beta applies the reserve restriction to models in transports too

ie. You cant have more than 50% of your models and power level (PL) embarked at the beginning of the game 

They can still move and function normally though

Dark Eldar power level. I think duz is saying the 50/50 deployed/reserved rule. So you cant cram 75% power level into transports on turn one, as they aren't "deployed".

The deep strike part shouldnt matter because you have to disembark before the transport moves anyway.

Was the power sword on the one Inter-sergeant value? I've been tempted to convert all my intercessor sergeants with some sort of wrist blade (like a single blade lightning claw.

Edit: too slow, duz beat me to it.

Edited by ltvyper

Ugh my reply disappeared?

New beta applies the reserve restriction to models in transports too

ie. You cant have more than 50% of your models and power level (PL) embarked at the beginning of the game 

They can still move and function normally though

Umm....not sure if this has been talked about somewhere else, but I get the complete opposite understanding from the Big FAQ/Errata with the beta rules.

"When setting up your army....at least half the total number of units in your army must be set up on the battlefield, and the combined Power Ratings of all units you set up on the battlefield during Deployment (including those that are embarked within transports), must be at least half your army's total power level"

I read that as "units in transports count for being on the table as it pertains to meeting the 1/2 units and 1/2 power level on table" requirement.

Dark Eldar power level. I think duz is saying the 50/50 deployed/reserved rule. So you cant cram 75% power level into transports on turn one, as they aren't "deployed".

The deep strike part shouldnt matter because you have to disembark before the transport moves anyway.

Was the power sword on the one Inter-sergeant value? I've been tempted to convert all my intercessor sergeants with some sort of wrist blade (like a single blade lightning claw.

Edit: too slow, duz beat me to it.

Power Sword on intercessor was great. He kicked the crap out of some incubi.

Glad I could help!

Well didn't help that much got tabled by end of turn 2. Streamed live to the interwebs too :ermm:

High(low)light was overcharging my plasma interceptors with shrike in support and nuking all 3 after re rolls which all failed...

In retrospect should have rolled each model separately so I knew who was actually rolling all the 1s. Doing it in bulk I wasn't able to determine if one guy had just really given up on life

I’ve dragged my Revilers out on to the battlefield twice this week. On super competitive itc rules game as a warm up for a club mate going to a tournament at 2000pts and another game last night, this one 3000pts,against a friend. Victory in both!

My itc list is a modified version of Reecius from frontline games list for the nova open. I, of course, went with ravenguard tactics rather than ultramarines and I didn’t bring papa smurf.

List

Captain with power fist with chapter master strategy

Smash captain with shield eternal

Librarian with jump pack

Lieutenant

Company ancient with storm bolter

Apothecary

10 sternguard

3 x 3 scout bikes with storm bolter on sergeant

3 x 5 sniper scouts

2 x 5 bolter scouts, one with HB

5 CCW scouts (models I had)

TFC

Rapier quad launcher

2 x 5 devastators with 2 HB and ML

Scorpius whirlwind

Basic premise was castle up for ranged mortal wound output wth snipers and stratagems , benefiting chapter master full re rolls and lieutenant. Three no line of site needing units. Scout bikes to alpha strike, scouts to screen out and strike from shadows sternguard, smash captain and librarian.

His list was

Guard command farm

Blood angle smash captains, mepheston and three scouts

Admech detachment, stygies for -1 to hit, three large electro priest units in termites and tech priest

Loads of cps, he never ran out. However I nearly tabled him and beat him 12-8. I used my scout bikes and a scout squad badly. Tied up termite with all three scout bikes but forgot about the combat abilities of termite. I had it down to 1 wound before combat but couldn’t do that wound. It cost me my mobility losing them.

The list worked well and a mono codex marine army beating him was a shock for him.

In my game yesterday I added 1000pts,this was

Shrike

Lieutenant with jp

5 vv with plasma pistols

10 vv combat equipment

Relic contemptor with two chain fists in dreadnought drop pod

Also a rhino to add some mobilty

We played tactical gambit

A close game which I pulled away in last two turn on points. Model wise I still had much of my army while he was down to abbaddon hiding about 7’ away from my castle and shrike contemplating hunting him down. I managed to pull off a first turn surround a rhino with 8 berserkers, dark apostle and exhalted champion in, bash it with the thunder hammer killing it,had to spend theee cps to fight twice, and wiped out all the passengers as they couldn’t disembark.

Having shrike I couldn’t take the chapter master stratagem which did make a difference to the castles shooting.

It’s made me remember how much I love my revilers, I’ve even painted the contemptor, which has been sitting around in my ‘to paint’ pile for a couple of years. I’ve added a few more models to my collection and will get it all painted soon.

I hope to be ahead of curve when faq drops and space marines get some love, and hopefully a points drop!

• 3 weeks later...
Played 2 games last night. First one was against pure custodes. Made a couple poor decisions early and hit the golden wall hard. Second game was against a chaos/1k sons coalition. Played an almost perfect game. He was almost tabled by turn 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I played a game of 7th with the Gladius strike force against Nurgle CSM, using the Traitor Legions book and the rules from Gathering Storm. In the end I won mainly because of the heinous amount of free vehicles I had and my warlord trait meant that everyone took Ld tests on the Chaplain's Ld 10. The mission was also about channelling warp power through controlling objectives, so I was ahead on VPs, doing quite a lot of damage but then rolled a 66 on the Warp Storm charts in my turn 4 and a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh turns up under my control and utterly destroys my opponents Warp Smith and Forge Fiend before we called it a day.

I'll try to find some pictures.

Played a game today. 2k points.

My list:

2x Shadow-Slam Captains

2x 5 Bolter Scouts

1x 10 Sniper Scouts

6 Aggressors

10 Hellblasters

Company Ancient

Ven Dread - TLLC, ML

Knight Gallant (2+ Armor, +1A WL Trait)

Armiger Warglaive (Courted for Landstrider)

Armiger Warglaive

His list:

2x Destroyer Lord

Cryptek

2x 10 Warriors

1x 5 Immortals

3x 6 Wraiths

10 Praetorians

We ran at each other like idiots. We played the new FAQ. I used SFTS on my Hellblasters and Aggressors to move into a nice piece of midfield cover, and they controlled the center with withering fire, buffer by one captain and ancient.

My knight trio laid in some serious pain, killing a bulk of the wraiths and both destroyer lords.

In the end it was a low VP game, close, but I ended up tabling him.

Felt good to win after the FAQ nerf, even if were both playing bottom of the barrel codicies.

Chalk up another win for the shadow bois.

Edited by ltvyper

Sounds like a good game. I'm pretty sure exhalted court only works on dominus or questor class units though. I ran something pretty similar and kept getting an error in BS. Had to make my little armiger the warlord and exhalted court my big guy.

My Raven Guard deployed alongside my Spectral Sicarii as a mixed unit for a Kill Team game this morning. I was playing solo using my son's Necrons to try and re-familiarize myself with the rules. Soccer has been consuming me so I haven't been able to play with anyone else but it's dying down and I'll be able to start getting some real games in.

I rolled the Assassination mission and chose my marines to be defending. I was getting hammered but was able to pull out a win because the game ended turn 5. My rolls were terrible in the beginning and I lost my Heavy Bolter before he could even do anything. It seemed every injury roll on my guys was a 4+ while I could only flesh wound the crons. In turn 3 and 4 I started rolling a little better and was able to maneuver enough to keep my Leader alive.

Ha, no pics that were outstanding. I was playing in my PJs but I took a couple just to get feed back on a terrain idea I had but I was going to post those in a FB group.

I was trimming up my yard a couple weeks ago and got the idea to cut some of the branches into smaller segments. I was thinking 'lumber mill on a new colony' type board. Not sure how I feel about them. I like it... and I don't. I think if I had some more vegetation scatter terrain I would be OK with it.

FaAHAoK.jpg

VxnaGSZ.jpg

I'm debating on buying one of the Kill Team sized Table War fat mats because of that. I feel like this one has two good sides. One is woodland, one has a road so it could be a little more urban: http://www.tablewar.com/30x22-dbl-sided-ruined-city-jungle-f-a-t-mat-gaming-mat/

@ warrior hunter, I second the they'll look fine with some tying in to the terrain.  You might find they're okay with just a mat or if you want stick them to a brown/green base with some sawdust scatter at the cut ends. Possibly add some greenstuff straps to make a pile look ready for transport?

The human brain tends to rebel and insist 'no it's a branch' without some to scale context.

And on topic...

My raven guard have endured the ceremonial 'Air dusting of the paint station'. An update may be incoming, children permitting.

I've thought about that. I've got some smaller branches that I was thinking of gluing together and bundling. I could have a 'ready to ship' section of the board and some other pieces scattered around. For free terrain I'll put some time in to make it work :)

Though I'm currently assembling my next army, my Raptors will receive a bit of reinforcements. Our FLGS has a Warhammer Heroes painting competition, where I'll try a bit of painting techniques. Also, once FW decides to drop the Vigilator back from Warhammer World, I'll make a fourth Issodon with it...