What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

Well today the Raptors 5th got 3rd in a tournament, won two games handedly, smashing apart a dark eldar force and a tricky imperial guard force, before getting absolutely destroyed by my friends Ynnari scum on jetbikes. He said he got a bit scared of me as I got a bit cold and annoyed with his damn dice rolls XD

Got 3rd in total, not as good as my 2nd last week in a separate tourney but still good fun and very proud of my reasonable marines.

New recruits showed up to join the ranks of the Raven, had their armour cleansed and awaiting an order of supplies to arrive so they can receive their permanent color here in the near future. 

Feels nice to finally be able to put money into the hobby after having to go cold for a month, very excited to experiment with some new colors i'll be getting and new techniques with some new tools. I'll be sure to post results in my thread when ready.

My Raven Guard have just been wondering at whether they are now viable.

I haven't been able to get a game in since Age of Guilliman was announced :(

Oh well.  Something will change soon, right?

The Raven Guard - all our Raven Guard - are first Space Marines.  They are viable right now, nothing has changed because the new edition doesn't exist in any consumer's hands ^_^

For my part, all my Raven Guard have done lately is stay holded up in boxes because I am trying to look for better work and only made some free time to paint a little here and there :(

All my posting you see do around here is while I'm at work :P

Got my second LSS painted, only lacking the crew right now. The land raider is sufficiently War009ed with gear and sandbags, I'll try to get all sponson and crew operated weapon options built this weekend.

Painting the LR might get postponed a bit. An AdMech friend and I were escalating a kitbash quite hard...the result is a cute mini ordinatus based on the new galvanic servohaulers. When the shop is open again, I'll get parts for my own one...:happy.:

The raptors arr currently on a pilgrimage to warhammer world right now, fighting along side some brethren from the imperial fists and space wolves against pesky eldar and some traitorous blood angels. I'll do a full write up in my thread with pictures later but ill pop a couple in here too.

Ordered 50 shoulder pads from shapeways. These should look awesome. Went with the mark 5 heresy shoulder pad.

Ive painted a storm talon, land speeder and land speeder storm. Lots of work on tiny buttons on the speeders.

I found a really neat tutorial for painting watch captain artemis's black armor anf highlights. Stegadon scale green followed up by thunderhawk blue and a touch of fenresian grey on the highest points. It should look really good as I'm trying to avoid highlighting with greys. I want to maintain a very stealth fighter feel across the army.

Race, I only have my phone for internet and don't know how to post pictures on a forum.

Ah.  Hmm.

I think you would need to use a hosting site like Imgur (my favorite).  So, you'd take a pic, then upload to the site (whatever you use).  From that site you would get the link to the photo and copy it.  Coming to B+C, you would then paste it between the "img" tags.

It's a pain in the butt, admittedly.

Shadow Captain Oxor has recently assembled an elite strike force of chapter veterans tasked with scouring the great rift in a single minded quest to locate Corax.  Oxor's new elite force are known to their enemies as the Ghost Ravens and have a reputation that runs counter to typical Raven Guard practice in that they use a heavy handed combat style and make exclusive use of terminator armour with psychic support and serve as a misdirection force.