What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

I don't know if mine are ever going to make it of the box. I'm honestly hoping a Primaris aircraft comes out that looks better than the GW Astartes aircraft. I'm an odd one though because I actually like the Stormtalons.

• 2 months later...

Almost finished my Infiltrators, just doing the bases and I'll move on to the rest of the Vanguard box. I promise I'll post pictures soon; I keep looking at them and finding more details to touch up but I think I just have to declare them done. Here's a base test:

Martian Ironearth Basing Test Mini

And some WIP guys without finished bases:

Infiltrators WIP 1

Infiltrators WIP Backpacks

Phobos Lieutenant 1

I've been thinking about some fluff for them so I might do an IA at some point, but basically, they're a fleet-based chapter that recruits from orphan hive kids, and their name comes from being devastated and rebuilt almost wholly from Primaris. A few HQs and Veterans stick around to lead the new kids (in the form of Terminator HQs and Tartaros Terminators) but the idea is their previous chapter was essentially wiped and recreated with a new scheme and name. Maybe that ties into being RG successors in some way as well.

The Raptors have reappeared in the Khymara sector, and are preparing to make planet fall with multiple companies being led by Shadow Master Admar Voss of the 10th co, Master of Recruits/ Stealth

Been working on a second 5 man Bolter Inceptor squad using the DI models. All this work on the Warhawks. I think main reason I want to start send army is I haven’t been able to play. putting a hold on the second army idea until I get same 9e games under my belt. If I do start a second army color scheme I think I I’m keeping all my Phobos units as my personal version of the Ravenwing.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine have been looking at me menacingly from the top of the shelf. I have to paint one Close Support unit till the end of August for a local challenge and I think I will paint the Inceptors. 

Besides... one year into painting RG and over 1200 points painted and only now I have realized that the chest Aquila is metal and not white...

Mine have been looking at me menacingly from the top of the shelf. I have to paint one Close Support unit till the end of August for a local challenge and I think I will paint the Inceptors. 

Besides... one year into painting RG and over 1200 points painted and only now I have realized that the chest Aquila is metal and not white...

Old Raven Guard color schemes had the chest Aquila as white. In fact I'd argue it's still white.

Only army I can think off the top of my head as having metallic Aquilas is Crimson Fists. But outside of them and white scars I think white/ bone is superior to the other color. I’m not a fan of the red on Imperial Fists, but like it on White Scars. Edited by war009

Well, mine are gold, but my armor is desert yellow and I don't like doing a "Batman" on my torso. White makes most sense for a true Raven Guard scheme though.

:huh:

Since when were our Aquilas metal?

White is definitely the superior colour :tu:

The chest of the GW RG studio models has been silver for quite a while now. The example model in the primaris upgrade kit has a metal chest.

The Spectral Sicarii have obtained reinforcements from Indomitus. They also managed to... 'convince' the captain of the manifest that they were allotted double the standard dispersement.

Looking forward to working on the new Indomitus models. That box was thicc. Rule book is gorgeous and also hefty. I swapped halves with a local Necron player so I've got plenty to keep me busy. Have done conversion ideas for the HQs to make them stand out a bit. Not sure what I'll work on first but I will finish my Infiltrators first.

Would love to hear your conversion ideas. I’m not in love with any of the helmets to be completely honest but my bits box is pretty shallow.

The couple that I'm first thinking of (after only giving the sprues a quick once over) is to model a bike or two with one of the marine's feet on the ground. Looks doable - will need some Plasticard work to remake the foot rest. I'd also like to take the skeleton shield HQ and have him actually holding the shield - I think removing his hand will be straightforward but I'll have to see about attaching it to his arm. The simplest of all will be a head swap on the Judiciar because the stock head suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I'll probably find one or two others that I can do along the way. I'm not going to rush to get my assault marines done but I'll probably run them without back packs for the time being, only because I'm hoping when the multi part kit drops they get some type of jump pack.

The Spectral Sicarii have obtained reinforcements from Indomitus. They also managed to... 'convince' the captain of the manifest that they were allotted double the standard dispersement.

Excellent work there :tu:

Actually that reminds me I was able to grab all the characters from a local who bought several boxes but didn't need them

65 bux seemed a reasonable price for 5 of them?

Meanwhile my Impulsor is almost done :D

My Indomitus box arrived too but honestly I think I'm going to hold off on assembling anything from it right away. I just picked up some Hellblasters too as my buddies play power armour (BA, DG or Sisters) and I'm really leery of the Inceptors' overcharge risk.

I've almost finished my Vanguard box, just the heads left so pictures incoming soon, and I think next I'll be adding a Primaris Captain and the Hellblasters, then the Eradicators, then Bladeguard to screen them from combat. The BA are so fast I kind of have to turtle up in lower point games and I think my plan is to just try and wipe them before even bothering with objectives. In a pinch I can deep strike the Suppressors into his DZ to claim one (he always abandons it to move towards me) and maybe paint up the Outriders later on.

It's really unfortunate that all these new combat-oriented Primaris have no transport method and need to ride in a vehicle they can't charge out of if it moved that turn. The Indomitus guys are sort of ideal for an Impulsor load but awkward for Master of Ambush or SftS since the Ancient can't come along and you can't get both HQs either. 

I have managed to paint a few squads within the past two weeks. more than i have done in years :biggrin.:  Have plenty left to paint. But I think I'll pick up a start collecting vanguard box.. It's calling to me.. I have a pretty good Idea for it so I'll update my WIP thread soon.

Edited by Sergeant_Angle

I have signed my Raven Guard for a Crusade campaign. We begin at 50 PL and all painted so I need to work on my new Eradicators asap.

PS: I really hope my chaplain goes the dodo way so I have an excuse to return him as a Chaplain Dreadnought... poor Korvyn.

Me too! Been working on my list. Note Chaplain Dreads are Legends now I think