Calas Typon's witchblood?

olsol

With the ultimate utility HQ (that isn't a primarch) you can't go wrong with typhon... but with the Witchblood special rule he is:

"A level 1 psyker who may utilise a power from the telepathy discipline, but may not HDR bid powers if on the same battlefield as his Primarch Mortarion before Mortarion's fall to chaos."

4 questions:

- in the opponents psychic phase, does the player with typhon have 1 extra warp charge to add to the pool?

- if mortarion is in a transport, in reserve or dead is Typhon able to use his powers?

- if typhon is targeted by an enemy psychic power and mortarion is on the battlefield, does he get a bonus to deny the witch?

- what does it mean 'fall to chaos'?

Thanks in advance for any input!

1 - Yeah. It doesn't say 'may count as a psyker when Mortarion is off the field,' it only refers to him being able to actually use his powers. In all other respects, I think he should function as a normal psyker.

2 - It says 'on the same battlefield,' so I think if Mortarion is literally on the table (whether in a transport or not) then you cannot use his powers. If he is in reserve off the table, then he can. Shaky ground though, others may disagree, but i think it's fair to count him as being on the same battlefield whether he's in a tank or not.

3 - I would say so, as he's not using his powers, it's just an innate perk of being a psyker.

4 - Whatever your group interprets it to mean - either late Heresy just prior to their fall when Mortarion and his Legion are dabbling in the occult, or alternatively not at all until they become the pawns of Nurgle. There's no right or wrong answer here as it's purely lore-based, but the term 'fall to Chaos' indicates the Nurglification of the Legion to me. Especially as, lore-wise, Typhon doesn't fight with his Primarch for the majority of the Heresy, and it looks like they're only going to reunite briefly before it all goes terribly wrong for Morty.

Archived