Adeptus Astartes in Shadow War: Armageddon

• 4 months later...

While I appreciate what you are trying to do, I personally don't think that restricting the storm bolter to Imperial Fists is a "good" thing as it restricts options for no "proper" reason other than needing something special for the Imperial Fists. I feel the storm bolter should be accessible to all and the Imperial Fists would get something else instead. That said 1) it's an issue that most probably won't affect other people and 2) as I am still getting to grips with the rules and mechanics I don't have a suitable replacement for that "trait", so feel free to ignore my complaint. :smile.:

Addressing this concern more, with the Tyrant's Call Challenge initiated, I'm working on another set of rules. Actually, I'm working on three other sets :wink: . Anyhoo, the second set will be "One Thousand Chapters" and will provide rules for a variety of other less popular Chapters. I will probably have some variations of rules that have already been presented, changing small things here and there to give players a bit of variety. One of these variations will most likely be another Chapter whose rules allow the Vet Sgt to take a storm bolter (the larger rules for that Chapter and the skills won't be identical to the Imperial Fists). I'm probably going to do my best to make this set of rules be sort of an old Chapter Traits thing, where players can simply choose a set of rules that they like. They'll all be minor tweaks.

The first set of rules I'm working on will be for the Deathwatch. The third set of rules I'm working on will be for the Legiones Astartes, including the Shattered Legions (and maybe the Black Shields?).

• 3 weeks later...

The chainfist appears in the Space Marine "Weapons and Equipment" list but for whatever reason no-one seems to have access to it. Is the omission deliberate, have I just missed where the option has been included, or is it just an oversight that will be corrected?

• 4 years later...