DA 8th Edition Info

Ezzeran

Maybe if we get a faction focus they along with dwk will get the spotlight

Today's stuff was really weak. I wonder if they'll cover everything before the release or just throw random bread to the plebs to keep them from rioting. I can understand them holding space marines to the end. Its going to cause 90% of the burning and nobody is going to read the updates after.

Maybe they won't announce anything at all and make us wait until release.

They've said every faction will get a preview. Funny that they give us Transports and nids on Sunday and just expansion stuff on Monday.

As for Dark Angels, I really wouldn't be surprised if Black Knights remain the super stars of the codex. I'd like to see DW Knights rolling with 3 wounds, 3++ save and a way to lock people in combat. Probably won't get all that but here's to hoping.

They are likely doing a Faction Review every other day, based on the past pattern of every other day so far. Also, grenades only do max hits against units in ruins in a City of Death game, not every game.

I dont think They will do a faction review for every single SM chapter

They will do just one single article for all SM and They will Write a line or two to say that DA BA SW will be awesone Too cause They have all access to the same stuff plus specific stuff :P

Whole article at https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-launch-date-announced-may22gw-homepage-post-1/

New Imperial Armour at https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/forge-world-and-the-new-warhammer-40000/?utm_source=forgeworld.co.uk&utm_campaign=2b5e3df163-FW+23rd+May+40k+announcement&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a6ef0a01da-2b5e3df163-116195105

Warhammer 40,000 Launch Date Announced<p>

DarkImpReleaseBannerv2.jpg

June 3rd – mark your calendars folks, because that’s the day you’ll be able to pre-order your copy of the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. You’ll then be among the first to get your hands on it come release day on June 17th.

Incredible stuff! Here in the Warhammer Community Team, we think that the models alone make this the best Warhammer 40,000 box set ever made. Discussion has already begun about who’s buying two sets in order to bulk out their forces and, as is a time-honoured tradition, there are plenty of pledges of swapsies as the team vie to gain either more Space Marines or Death Guard.

And yet, Dark Imperium is really just the beginning. The launch lineup for the new edition of Warhammer 40,000 is the most extensive we’ve had for any game we’ve ever released. So brace yourself, and let’s dive on in!

This is an awesome box set. Inside, you get two armies of brand new miniatures, the full hardback Warhammer 40,000 book, dice and range rulers. Even the outside is covered in gorgeous artwork, and the sight of all those goodies as you open the box for the first time is very satisfying… but a bit more on that later…

DarkImperiumContents.jpg

Fresh from the forges of Mars, and ready to bleed in defence of the Imperium, the Primaris Space Marines have come tooled for war. The bolt rifle-wielding Intercessors are the mainstay of the force. Alongside them march plasma-toting Hellblasters, providing deadly fire-support. And dropping in from orbit are Inceptors with the short range fury of their twin assault bolters.

• Intercessor1-500x487.jpg
  • Intercessor Squad
  • Intercessor2-500x488.jpg
  • Intercessor Squad
  • Helblaster1-500x488.jpg
  • Hellblaster Squad
  • Inceptor1-500x488.jpg
  • Inceptor Squad

Leading these new warriors are the champions of the Primaris Space Marines: the inspiring presence of the Lieutenants, the banner-carrying Ancients, and the commander of the force, a Captain clad in new Gravis armour.

• Lieutenant1-414x500.jpg
  • Primaris Lieutenant with power sword
  • Lieutenant2-480x500.jpg
  • Primaris Lieutenant with auto bolt rifle
  • Ancient1-376x500.jpg
  • Primaris Ancient
  • Captain1-354x500.jpg
  • Captain in Gravis armour

The Death Guard are equally impressive. First up, a unit of Plague Marines. The archetypal unit of the XIV Legion swollen with the raw power of decay, these form of the core of any Death Guard force. Nurgle fans will also be pleased to see a shambling plague host represented by the repugnant and varied Poxwalkers, each draped in scraps of clothing from their former lives. There is a new vehicle on offer too – the Foetid Bloat-drone, a floating Daemon Engine that hunts its prey with a malign intelligence.

• PlaugueGuard1-498x500.jpg
  • Plague Marines
  • Drone1-498x500.jpg
  • Foetid Bloat-drone
  • Poxwalkers1-500x500.jpg
  • Poxwalkers

Rounding off the Death Guard are their own leaders, including a huge new Lord of Contagion, clad in warped Cataphractii Terminator plate and wielding one of the most brutal looking axes we’ve ever seen. Alongside him is the Noxious Blightbringer, a dark reflection of the noble Legion banner bearers of old, who carries a cursed plague bell that tolls with the death knell of his victims. Last but not least is the Malignant Plaguecaster – one of the pestilent sorcerers of this pox-ridden Legion.

• LordofContagion1-423x500.jpg
  • Lord of Contagion
  • Blightbringer1-423x500.jpg
  • Noxious Blightbringer
  • Plaguecaster1-457x500.jpg
  • Malignant Plaguecaster

A complete set of datasheets to field both these Death Guard and Primaris Space Marines armies are included in two separate booklets inside the box. You’ll also find a host of new background information on the two forces and on the Plague Wars being fought in Ultramar.

• PrimarisBook-378x500.jpg
  • DeathGuardBook-378x500.jpg

And of course, there’s the new Warhammer 40,000 book itself. This 280-page, hardback tome is included in the Dark Imperium box and is also available separately. This book is your guide to the new edition and contains an extensive exploration of the Warhammer 40,000 setting. This includes some pretty major advancements in the story for every faction in the galaxy, not least of which are the arrival of the Great Rift, the rise of Chaos, and the launching of the Indomitus Crusade.

Edited by jbaeza94

They've said every faction will get a preview. Funny that they give us Transports and nids on Sunday and just expansion stuff on Monday.

As for Dark Angels, I really wouldn't be surprised if Black Knights remain the super stars of the codex. I'd like to see DW Knights rolling with 3 wounds, 3++ save and a way to lock people in combat. Probably won't get all that but here's to hoping.

Saw the Q&A and you get a consolidate move and it appears you can consolidate back into combat if there's a unit near enough now weather we have locked in combat at all I don't know or if you can basically chase after the disengaging squad or not or even if consolidate is a dice roll.

There's not usually much left after Deathwing Knights have finished swinging anyways especially if there paired with a Chaplain or Ezekiel 

Yes, I'm really looking forward to the hell blaster squad. Plasma is a theme in my army so they'll fit right in. I'll be getting the new box set.

And gravis armor, you guys think it's the new tda 2.0 (or is it 4.0?). I think it's cool, but i can't really imagine our boys in bone wearing it

Edited by jbaeza94

Oh that makes sense.  Well as much as any of 40k does.  The dudes with the hoods are the 'new' terminators.   Would explain the double fisted heavy bolters Johnny Wu style.

But flying terminators :facepalm:   

Oh no, just speculating off of the previous posts.  Sorry about that.

The captain has the same armour with a "not a psychic hood" on it.   Usually they include a termie captain in these sets and they look a little different than the other Primarius tacticals or interceptors.

On another note,  got ACDC's hells bells stuck in my head after looking at that one DG guy! 

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but do you think the inceptors are wearing flight packs and not jump packs?

Looks like a flight hat, those turbines are connected at the hood. It looks kind of silly from the front. Besides that, the rest of the models look great.

Edited by Brother Haim

I see that the New Warhammer 40k is following the same awful naming conventions as The New Warhammer Not-Fantasy. At least there's nothing in here quite as offensive to my brain as "bloodsecrator". Still nothing I feel like spending money on, except I may poach a rule book from one of the people crazy enough to buy twelve boxes.

EDIT: speaking of names the standard bearer is an "ancient"? How? These guys are like a month old.

Edited by CardinalVirtue

One thing marines lack is a unit that can move fire and move again to my knowledge anyway.

Maybe these guys fill this gap like Warp Spiders, fly in perform a nice skid shoot you in the face and launch off.

I can see a melee version of this... Please be 2 handed axes or mauls.

I think the Jump shoot Jump has gone

I noticed the Tau drones get 8" and that seems an awful lot if they can 2d6 away & there's no run move in the shooting phase its incorporated into the move phase

You would have thought that eldar will go up to 8" as well and loose battle focus dunno what they'll do with warp spiders the current rule set is proper broken even with an FAQ

Confession: I'm late to the party and a bit confused.

Could someone explain/clarify if we will get anything like a Codex under the new system? If so, when likely?

Appreciate this may have already been discussed and resolved.