DA 8th Edition Info

Ezzeran

The biggest buff for the terminators is the fact that their ride can't be 1 shotted though you'd expect melta weapons at short range to kick out a boatfull of wounds

That has a knock on affect to MC's if melta at short range does double wounds it will now do double wounds against an MC 

I'm liking this thought this thought makes me very happy that I've a Ravenwing army stuffed full of Melta

It's not just their ride, necessarily, that could make DW better, but in some Facebook comments someone asked if assaulting out of deep strike was going to be a regular thing, to which GW gave them a nice big "maybe".

I'm super stoked about the possibility of DW being legit good.

Edited by CardinalVirtue

One of the QAs said that in addition to Termies being 2 wounds terminator armour will have something else to make it more resillient. My guess is they will treat any -1 AP weapons as 0 taking a page out of some shield abilities in Age of Sigmar or their armour can only be modified by weapons with specific keywords. I think they will also retain their 5+ Invul, Invulnerable saves being unable to be modified. I do hope they cap Invulnerable saves at 3+ unless its a one use only ability.

I am loving everything so far I think this is the shake up the game needed.

Pretty sure I've read somewhere that there will only be one type of saving throw.

We already know that cover will improve armour saves, maybe invuls (innate or from storm shields, iron halos, etc) will operate in the same way.

If there using a sliding scale for saving throws a sliding scale for invulnerable saves makes sense

Ex 2+ save V ap1 gets -1 to invun or D gets minus 2 rather than the all or nothing system

We've already seen that bolters have lost AP that's going to probably be reflected everywhere for all races

It is exactly how Magic works in AoS essentially they are taking the best parts of AoS and rolling it into 40k.

In AoS you can only cast a power once per phase in matched play which will be the same here. So even though you might have 6 psykers that have Smite, only 1 Psyker will be able to cast it.

This is all looking excellent as like AoS you should also be able to choose/pay points for your psychic powers and warlord traits which will allow you to build a list with these things in mind which is awesome.

That sound good about the choosing Psychics and WL Traits; but our named Characters have set traits anyway so unless that changes we will still have 'meh' for them. Other DIY characters will likely enjoy the change though I agree.

Edited by Brother Stobz

I haven't read every post on this thread. And I might be overly optimistic. But I'm waiting for the return of Deathwing. Woo....I mean, something something ....purge the Fallen .... something something.

Anything to Make my Dreadnought and Terminator army more playable is a win in my book. I want to see these full rules and try to understand them. I hope that they are polished enough on launch to have all the armies figured out.

With there being a whole phase devoted to Psykers, and there being a chance for a Psyker to straight up counter powers, Librarians are the clear go to HQ choice.

For DW this will likely mean a return to double HQ: Psyker and Belial.

Ezz

I'm looking forward to Deathwing swinging Powerfists and/or THammers before another unit even attacks. lqtm

I've had fun with AoS, so I am looking forward to 8th. Just wondering what exactly the strength and toughness will do, Likely still the same as before but with this new no cap, I do hope they have that things will always have a chance to wound, that way it fits with fluff when you see a guardsmen take down big ass things, that in ruleswise 7th and before had no chance of doing.

and it would make sense for Melta to do that to a MC. It's designed to melt through metal plates. But nope, doesn't slice through big ass creatures like butter in current edition.