Evening all,

It has been generations I would assume since I have been to this site with college and life taking my time I have had very little time to do anything with models...well that time is over and now I am turning my gaze upon the new prospects of conversion mining! My current project is to reposing and overhauling (somewhat) of the 40k Guilliman model, I wasn't exactly happy with many of its elements and think that it could have used a personal touch.

So here I am! The updates may be few and far inbetween as I go back to doing college work and then focusing on the conversion, down the line I will be making a Custodes Strike Force with a Solar Auxilia force that has an attachment of Sisters and finally a primary detachment of Dark Angels when Book 8: Angelus is released.

So to show a little off here is the base for the Guilliman conversion, will hopefully have some WIP's of the actual model within a week or two and inbetween that time I will have some Custodes.

gallery_69772_13053_368873.jpg

gallery_69772_13053_305242.jpg

Enjoy for the time being!

@Bjorn Firewalker Thank you! I wasn't so fond of his original pose either and always liked how Guilliman was described while in battle (mainly the scene when he woke out of stasis to find the Black Legion attacking his home), even though Guilliman is a statesman he is first and foremost a Primarch which means a general who has mastered a certain art of battle (or all of them, however you wish to see it). I am currently waiting on my hobby store to get some Greenstuff and for some bits to arrive while I wait.

@Venomlust The filigree wasn't really hard to remove on the armour, I just have to smooth over the plates a bit as it is looking quite rough. I do agree that the extra ornamentation somewhat ruined the model only because it looks too much like a parade piece than something I would envision Guilliman wearing. To me, at least, he would embellish his armour only with things that have meaning which means it would be functional in terms of providing his affiliation while not distracting away from the master-crafted set he is wearing, Guilliman does things for a reason and is economical with his choices so it makes sense. Overall I would say the original 40k model is beautiful, the filigree is overdone but without it the model could easily surpass that of many of the other minis that were designed by them, but as we know GW tends to over embellish their creations than needed, even units that are created for pure function tend to have too much plating that would border on the excessive; though this is for a debate for another time haha.

My next piece that I am working on is 5 Custodes, currently looking into doing their bases to my satisfaction while I am waiting on the Greenstuff and bits I've ordered off of Ebay. Give or take a week or so until the next update possibly, but who knows!

• 3 weeks later...

I've greened stuff the side of the leg for Guilliman and it...well it looks terrible and I will take images of it with WIP images of some Custodes. I've made some serious orders from the Forge World site which includes: Doom of Mymerea Imperial Armour Books, Avatar of Khaine with Sword, Sagittarius Custodes, Shadow Spectre Phoenix Lord and finally a trio of Agamatus Jetbikes! Should be about 2 weeks until their arrival through the warp! In the mean time I have 5 Custodes to paint in Warder colours and 5 more to assemble.

For my primary force in the Horus Heresy I will be fielding the Custodes, until the release of Book 8 Angelus when I get legion units and fluff for the DA, for my Custodes I have already decided that for sure I wanted 5 Warders but for the rest of the strike army I am undecided. Options are the standard gold panoply of the Household Guard, the Warders of the Vaults of Rython or finally one of my many schemes I have developed. I have images below so let me know what you think!

gallery_69772_13053_466399.jpg

gallery_69772_13053_859366.jpg

Sentinels of the Lunar Gene Vaults: White, Black, Gold and Red

Guardian of the Hestian Vaults: Crimson, Black, Purple and Gold.

• 3 months later...