The Adventures of Awesome Fury! A Shadow Wars Report

SyNidus

Isn't that more of a problem of you doing too much stuff at the same time instead of being part of only one campaign tho? ^^

No it's a side effect of having a house, a career, and living 30 mins from my GW

and living 30 mins from my GW

Ah there we go. :D

Well yes I have a house and a career as well. That's why I don't take part in so many campaigns + other stuff on top of that. ;)

Darius add a second gunner ASAP. Close combat is nasty. I will tell you I played against Orks. The guy was new so I turned my list way down and got annihilated by 14 Orks to my 4 guys at 1000 points each!

Also ammo run out in T 1 killed me. 

I run the Psilencer now. I love it for mega sustained fire and low ammo roll. You can knock out a few dudes a turn with it 

Playing on lots of levels really helps too. Lots of fun. 

Yeah I think when we do a proper campaign, I'm gonna take Justicar, 2x Troopers, 2x Gunners. Might as well max out early on, I found that while psycannon is powerful, you can wait on it (sustained fire on storm bolters is hellish). 

I'm probably not going to bother with melee upgrades. Our ranged ability is absurd, and that's with me forgetting both the short range bonus to hit AND Astral Aim :P . Run my vanilla 5-man squad, then upgrade to psycannon ASAP on the gunners. Psilencer is very reliable, but you'll want Impact and -3 to saves for just wrecking entire groups. Also very handy for Leader sniping. I never seem to roll many Ammo Checks or fail them either, I think I failed one on the psycannon but after like 4 turns of wrecking face (I was averaging 5 shots a turn with it, absurd). 

Darius add a second gunner ASAP. Close combat is nasty. I will tell you I played against Orks. The guy was new so I turned my list way down and got annihilated by 14 Orks to my 4 guys at 1000 points each!

Also ammo run out in T 1 killed me.

I run the Psilencer now. I love it for mega sustained fire and low ammo roll. You can knock out a few dudes a turn with it

Playing on lots of levels really helps too. Lots of fun.

Yeah I think when we do a proper campaign, I'm gonna take Justicar, 2x Troopers, 2x Gunners. Might as well max out early on, I found that while psycannon is powerful, you can wait on it (sustained fire on storm bolters is hellish).

I'm probably not going to bother with melee upgrades. Our ranged ability is absurd, and that's with me forgetting both the short range bonus to hit AND Astral Aim tongue.png . Run my vanilla 5-man squad, then upgrade to psycannon ASAP on the gunners. Psilencer is very reliable, but you'll want Impact and -3 to saves for just wrecking entire groups. Also very handy for Leader sniping. I never seem to roll many Ammo Checks or fail them either, I think I failed one on the psycannon but after like 4 turns of wrecking face (I was averaging 5 shots a turn with it, absurd).

Been using Dual-Psycannons and they are absolutely violent. Been taking things out of action outright. But yeah, maxing out might be better because you can raise your bottle test threshold.

Been using Dual-Psycannons and they are absolutely violent. Been taking things out of action outright. But yeah, maxing out might be better because you can raise your bottle test threshold.

Yeah I only had one and it felt insanely strong. It's like a mobile autocannon with the fire rate of a heavy bolter. It's probably the best heavy weapon in the game. Sustained fire 2 dice is absurd. 

Yeah cos we don't get new recruits and I still am not clear on how Special Deployment units work (the Terminator etc). So I feel like maxing the squad early and leveraging storm bolter dakka is a good way to go. 

...i feel like psilencers with sustained fire 3 might be good for when you fight the horde? 

I haven't used my gks yet but that's what I think I'm runninf. 

Its nice but not really necessary. Storm bolters already handle hordes very well and they are free. Psycannon adds an Impact weapon with D3 wounds on every shot and -3 to enemy armour, so its good for handling hordes and elites equally. You pay through the nose for it, but with Red Dot Sight and 'Astral Aim' you're hitting on 2's with potentially 6 shots. If you get your Gunners into good positions, you can kill pretty much anything. 

...i feel like psilencers with sustained fire 3 might be good for when you fight the horde?

I haven't used my gks yet but that's what I think I'm runninf.

I think they're very good for this reason.

One of my weapons has always been a Psilencer because I play against Orks and Nids (potentially) a lot.

The beauty of the Psilencer is also the Ammo Roll of 2+.  The way shooting works, once someone is down, you can move on to someone else close by so having a potential 9 shots is very good for this.

I played a different army the other night.... I had a heavy bolter run out of ammo on the VERY first shot I took. I was then swamped by 14 Orks (at 1000 points). Running out of ammo is real. At a 1000 points (I was introducing someone to one of my leagues) you don't have a lot of add ons yet, but my first buy is a Clip on the gunners. (to prevent falling... which as the word implies... really sucks). :)

Archived