ADB's blog removed?

I had the entry about Abaddon [ https://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/lets-talk-about-abaddon/ ] set aside for later reading and now I see the blog "has been set to private".

Does anyone know what's up? AD-B, if you're about, is this permanent? I hope it's not another case where someone was unreasonable to you :(

ADB commented on Facebook a week or so ago about how Gav Thorpe's Blog is leages ahead of his own (and it really is, regular updates with interesting content, competitions, writing advice etc...) and that he needs to sort his own Blog out. I'd say that perhaps this is what he's now doing?

ADB commented on Facebook a week or so ago about how Gav Thorpe's Blog is leages ahead of his own (and it really is, regular updates with interesting content, competitions, writing advice etc...) and that he needs to sort his own Blog out. I'd say that perhaps this is what he's now doing?

His site rocks, yep. 

My blog is infrequent rants and very occasional essays, and although it's hugely popular when I update it (according to BL it was by far the most popular author blog for most of its life span), but every year I enjoy the rants a little less, and find less time for the essays, etc. to the point I wasn't touching it for 4+ months at a time.

So I've taken it offline until I decide what to do with it, and will probably bring it back when I get a website built this year.

His site rocks, yep. 

My blog is infrequent rants and very occasional essays, and although it's hugely popular when I update it (according to BL it was by far the most popular author blog for most of its life span), but every year I enjoy the rants a little less, and find less time for the essays, etc. to the point I wasn't touching it for 4+ months at a time.

So I've taken it offline until I decide what to do with it, and will probably bring it back when I get a website built this year.

Awesome. And so our watch begins :)

Author blogs are a double edged sword. On the positive side it allows the author to update the insatiable appetites of us readers with news of projects and teases etc. It provides a connection to the audience. On the negative side they can be a distraction from actually writing a novel/short story (is doing your work) and a good blog requires a lot of effort and thought to make it interesting and useful.

Clearly different authors work differently (people are all different). Gav Thorpe seems to enjoy blogging about the theory and approach to writing and generously shares his thoughts as potential guidance and help for aspiring writers. I guess that possibly by writing down his thoughts on this actually also helps focus himself and remind him about his art/skills.

Dan Abnett's blog used to be great but it died and now all we get are tweets that tend to not really tell you very much at all. I think Dan started to see a blog as too much overhead when he had so many projects to complete.

With ADB we are lucky that he maintains his connection with his (most rapid) audience by posting on forums. So arguably if maintaining a blog is too much of a distraction from actually writing books then let it die!

I would ban him from writing blogs, twitter or shopping lists. Make the bugger finish some more books! There's an attic with a desk, a dusty window, a straight back chair, an old oak door with a massive lock for that lad.

Oh my days. You've no idea...

There were days we wished World of Warcraft had never been created.

I would ban him from writing blogs, twitter or shopping lists. Make the bugger finish some more books! There's an attic with a desk, a dusty window, a straight back chair, an old oak door with a massive lock for that lad.

I know how that feel...

Well, back to grinding Legionfall rep.

Ran

Edit:*how

Weeks in the game instead of writing before the deadline? msn-wink.gif

He is a good author - that's why you did forgave him a lot - aren't you LaurieJGoulding? msn-wink.gif

Archived