The Perpetuals?

MuGGzy

If I wanted to go back and refresh my memory on the entire story line related to "The Perpetuals", like John Gramaticus and Aul Persons, etc, What books contain their story lines, even as minor side notes.

Also is there any fluff anywhere else that explains what/who they are. I did note in the latest Audio Drama that they were referring to "The Creature humanity reveres as The Emperor" which leads me to believe they have been around since before the Emperor started doing his thing and might actually know WHAT he is. 

Fluff, ideas, thoughts?

Off the top of my head:

Know No Fear

Legion

Mark of Calth

Unremembered Empire

Would be interested to now if there are others as well.

edit:  also you are correct  Johnny Grammar met the emperor during his rise to power and Trooper Persons  has been around since Roman times as far as he let's us know (or as I've read).   In Legion  Abnett  writes a lot about the origin of the Emperor in relation to the cabal - as explained by John Grammaticus.  I also highly recommend this audio drama.

Grammaticus is a POV character in Vulkan Lives. It feeds directly to his role in Unremembered Empire, both of which have lots of information on Perpetuals. Unremembered Empire actually has two, the other being Damon Prytanis, another agent for the cabal and friend of Grammaticus

In perpetual when Ollanius Pius  and his merry band of travelers are stuck on some human colony circa M23 at the end of the "technology wars" (the closing stages of the war against the men of iron). Ollanius describes himself as being somewhere around 45000 years old.

On a side note Ollanius describes the war against the men of iron as "the good old days" when war was at a unimaginable scale that humans simply did not comprehend it. He then speaks of some of the weapons unleashed during that time. Of note, "Sunsnuffers", stations the size of Saturn's rings that could destroy stars and "Mechavores" mechanical creates that could eat sizeable chunks of planets and take chunks out of reality itself.  

Oll Persson has been around since pre-1000BC

He was one of the Argonauts who accompanied Jason in his quest for the Golden Fleece.

IIRC...Heracles accompanied Jason as well. That would mean Oll was around before the Trojan War.

I'd pay money to read Abnett's interpretation of the Golden Fleece myth, with tie-ins to 40K

You also havee the perpetual female who Horus "killed" at Molech, but comes back again in another story where she hunts a cult, with Severians help after they kidnapped her daughter "Mistress Ghost Snake" although she went by the name of Alivia I think

Archived