Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Deus Signum Crusade

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,541 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Why is the Aquila column blue, instead of the gray of stone or the white of marble? Do you think the column was carved from a giant block of synthetic sapphire, to demonstrate the wealth of those who sponsored the construction of the Temple of the Emperor Ascendant?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I didn't want to paint it grey or white. Yes, it's some kind of blue mineral found on Armageddon. 

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

Next step in my Primaris Crusade. Can't wait to convert this DA lieutenant in a real knight (and no traitor)

1513068423-dsc-4652.jpg

1513068455-dsc-4653.jpg

1513068449-dsc-4654.jpg

Pure ZEAL concentrate

1513068455-dsc-4655.jpg

• Honda, Bjorn Firewalker, Marshal_Roujakis and 5 others like this

Aegir_Einarsson

Aegir_Einarsson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
I really like yellow plasma guns. They break colour scheme nicly.

Also i like the sword in scabbard under the backpack.

Stealed idea:):).

Great clear job :)
  • The Spanish Inquisitor likes this

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts
Yellow guns. Very third edition cover.
  • Firepower and The Spanish Inquisitor like this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

Started to paint my intercessors and Lieutenant

1526821970-img-0551.jpg

And because more Zeal is always welcome, the Chaplain is here

1526821961-img-0555.jpg

1526821964-img-0557.jpg

• Honda likes this

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

Intercessors and Lieutenant done !

1532179723-img-1132-2.jpg

1532180067-img-1133-2.jpg

1532180068-img-1134-2.jpg

• Firepower, librisrouge, Bjorn Firewalker and 1 other like this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts

The Castellan looks great. (Enough of this 'Lieutenant' heresy!)

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,541 posts
You made Guilliman's n00bs look like proper sons of Dorn. I shouldn't have doubted the fact an infusion of Sigismund's ZEALous spirit can fix anything. Excellent work.
  • librisrouge, Marshal_von_Speer and The Spanish Inquisitor like this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Ipsen

Ipsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

Next step in my Primaris Crusade. Can't wait to convert this DA lieutenant in a real knight (and no traitor)

Pure ZEAL concentrate

That acolyte with a chainsword is the best model ever.

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

Thank you !

The acolyte is actually a priest with an Eviscerator. But I guess a big chainsword for an human is just a regular chainsword for a space marine ^^

Ipsen

Ipsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

You can just see him standing in front of Ghazkull or Mortarion and just being like "Ya wot mate? 'Ave it!"

• Marshal_von_Speer likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,541 posts

You can just see him standing in front of Ghazkull or Mortarion and just being like "Ya wot mate? 'Ave it!"

I think it's more likely he'll shout, "Choke on this!" a split-second before the eviscerator is thrust into the traitors' throats.

Ipsen

Ipsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts

Nah look how far up he's looking. No way he could reach a throat. He's gonna give them a tickle on the knee. End their adventuring days.

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

New knights join the crusade

1537611286-img-1414.jpg

1537611300-img-1415.jpg

1537611320-img-1416.jpg

1537611329-img-1417.jpg

1537611483-img-1418.jpg

• Bjorn Firewalker, Marshal_Roujakis and robofish7591 like this

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts

Excellent work. 

Those yellow guns really look good.

I also really enjoy the Mark III helmets on intercessors.

Those red desert bases really light up the color scheme, very well done.

Also very nice freehands indeed.

I'm not sure wether I would paint the knigth differently than Dorns Knights if I had one though. But it looks very good as it is, so cool, really nice crusade you got going there.

But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.

- Reclusiarch Grimaldus

ijLM8FY.jpg

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,541 posts
Excellent works.

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

Thank you !

Excellent work. 

Those yellow guns really look good.

I also really enjoy the Mark III helmets on intercessors.

Those red desert bases really light up the color scheme, very well done.

Also very nice freehands indeed.

I'm not sure wether I would paint the knigth differently than Dorns Knights if I had one though. But it looks very good as it is, so cool, really nice crusade you got going there.

There were my first try of free hand crosses. 

Personally I prefer to paint the knight in a different scheme to diversify. Terryn House can reroll charge rolls though so it's the perfect zealous complement to a Black Templars Force (Primaris are still shooty Marines for now). 

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
Yeah I can understand you wantiing a different colourscheme.
I am still dreamkng of a knight crusader in templar colours or with heraldry that borrows from templars.

Did you experiment with hazard striping on the weapons at all? I'm thinking about ding yellow + hazard stripes for my castellans teeth of terra.

But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.

- Reclusiarch Grimaldus

ijLM8FY.jpg

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 175 posts

I did it on a priest with Eviscerator.

1539249203-img-1798.jpg

I might try though for my next Intercessor Squad to stick to this Third edition Picture

1539250918-7y4jk6e.jpg

• Marshal_Roujakis likes this

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts

Thats the picture I had on my mind as well.

And it looks great on your priest. I think I will do more non-black guns in the future. I like the way yellow or red guns give some more variety to the army.

- Reclusiarch Grimaldus

ijLM8FY.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users