2500 Points of SW Armoured Spearhead

LoneViking

So I think other people may have posted similar things but wanted to get peoples opinion on my idea for a 2500 point AS list for wolves

HQ -

Hvarl Redblade

Legion Centurion with Tarty Termy armor, chainfist and volkite charger

Speaker of the Dead with a Deathpack and Land Raider & Land Raider Phobos

Troops

3 identical units of Grey Slayers 2 power fists, 4 power swords, Huscarl with aritificer and great frost blade in a Land Raider Phobos

Fast Attack

Outriders with twin linked melta guns

Heavy Support

Fire Raptor

Its a straight forward list, i added the outriders and fire raptor to deal with the things that scare my primary force the most, flyers or some big tank in the back.  Hvarl allows all of those land raiders to scout forward if i want to and them being in the land raiders keeps my odds very high of getting them across the board without losing bodies.  I think the HQ an troops are solidly designed(except the centurion, requiring that 3rd HQ slot is obnoxious and I cant find anything i really feel is a great fit) obviously i can change the support elements and move some points around to fit other things in those slots if necessary(4 power swords, 2 powerfists and a great frost blade may be a bit of overkill!).  Thoughts people?

Just to understand:

- neither Hvarl nor the Centurion may join the Deathsworn & SotD in their LR, since only SotD may join Deathsworn units;

- GSs already fit the transport capacity of other LRs and thus cannot host Hvarl + Centurion;

so are you going to footslog two Tartaros HQs alone? :D

I would personally suggest you to drop something out such as 1 Troop and the command Deathpack to fit another CC unit able to accommodate all HQs (20 GSs on Spartan, Termies/Varagyr on Spartan...) ;) Also I wouldn't run a plane without any reserve control, which may be given in your case by a Damocles (here it goes your 3rd HQ btw) ;)

yeah, I just realized that, I think ill take a command squad with Hvarl and put the speaker of the dead with them along with the centurion(itll be a small squad, but a decent strength one).  The Rhino is a good idea, and the spartan would only work for the command squad as the troops need to have a DT to get the scout benefit from Hvarl(only a DT also gains scout)

I don't think it's worth the cost of a damocles to bring just one flier in from reserve more reliably. Damocles is great for a reserve heavy list, but that's a lot of pts to pay just to bring in one flier. 

Nevertheless LoneViking needs to fill in 3 HQ slots, that's why that suggestion comes from ;) Also notice that the Damocles comes at around the price of nearly any other significant HQ choice with reserve control, bombardment and some transport capacity too (useful to keep some minimal Vets or Supports safe until claiming objs for instance) ;)

And from the point of view of reserves, Scout also gives the outflank possibility, which may transform this list into the "reserve heavy" you cited in case of peculiar missions (for which the reserve control is absolutely needed) ;)

Archived