2500 SoH Primarch's Chosen

Geoffy

Not as well, 10 Reavers cost the same as your 10 Terminators and Tactical blobs aren't going to achieve much

My thoughts were that the reavers outflank and tarpit things long enough for the tactical blobs to charge with 80 attacks and kill by force of numbers. I think if I get the charge the 10 reavers should tie or beat a 5 man justaerin squad

Okay so this list will need 15 points taken off if my opponent lets me use relics (I built the extra cost in if the cataphractii primus) otherwise it's 2500. This is me thinking that maybe Horus is a little too expensive at 2500 while trying to honor the flavor of my original list.

Let me know what you gentleman think

Horus LM

Legiones Astartes

Primus Medicae in Terminator armour: Terminator armour (Cataphractii); power weapon (axe) 130

Praetor in Terminator armour: Rite of War (The Long March); combi-bolter; Paragon blade (master-crafted); digital lasers; Cyber-familiar 200

6 Justaerin Terminators: 5 × combi-weapon; 4 × power fist; 2 × chainfist 370

5 Terminators: Terminator Sergeant (combi-bolter; chainfist); 4 Terminators; Terminator armour (Tartaros); 3 × lightning claw; chainfist; plasma blaster 225

• Land Raider Phobos: dozer blade; extra armour; armoured ceramite; frag assault launchers 265

5 Terminators: Terminator Sergeant (combi-bolter; chainfist); 4 Terminators; Terminator armour (Tartaros); 3 × lightning claw; chainfist; plasma blaster 225

• Land Raider Phobos: dozer blade; extra armour; armoured ceramite; frag assault launchers 265

Sicaran Battle Tank: dozer blade; armoured ceramite; 2 sponson-mounted heavy bolters; pintle-mounted heavy bolter 220

Sicaran Battle Tank: dozer blade; armoured ceramite; 2 sponson-mounted heavy bolters; pintle-mounted heavy bolter 220

Spartan Assault Tank: auxiliary drive; armoured ceramite; flare shield; dozer blade; frag assault launchers 395

2,515 points

You dont have any compulsory Troops in this list, I'm pretty sure The Long March makes Termimators non-compulsory Troops iirc...

Well bullocks. I'll just have to switch it to potl I suppose...

Also, wanted to make sure my math is correct on a praetor with the cataphractii primus, 100 base cost plus 50 for the suit plus any weapons correct? And do most people play the upgrade as giving him a power weapon and combi bolter with access to termie options or not?

Problem with PotL is you need a majority of LA units vs Vehicles etc. This list has 5 units with LA and 5 without...

Not so sure on the Relic, I've never used any before.

Problem with PotL is you need a majority of LA units vs Vehicles etc. This list has 5 units with LA and 5 without...

Not so sure on the Relic, I've never used any before.

Thanks for findings these probs with my lists. Just sucks. Feel like I can't get anything to work!

No worries, quick question. Where is your Praetor getting the Cyber familiar? Or is that meant to be Cataphractii Primus?

EDIT: Whipped up a quick list based on that last one, PotL and obeys the restrictions.

Dropped some upgrades on vehicles like Aux Drive and all that Armoured Ceramite...I know everyone swears by it, but in my experience you are just as likely to have a Lascannon one shot you from across the field as you are to have a Melta up close.

If you wanted to, you could drop the Praetor for a Delegatus and use those points for some upgrades.

+++ SoH PotL (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v68) (2497pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v257) (2497pts) ++

+ HQ (435pts) +

Legion Centurion (120pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Consul [Chaplain]

Legion Centurion (130pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Consul [Primus Medicae]

Legion Praetor (185pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Digital Lasers, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade]

+ Troops (1307pts) +

Justaerin Terminator Squad (377pts) [2x Chainfist, 6x Combi-Weapon, 6x Justaerin Terminators, 4x Power Fist]

Legion Terminator Squad (465pts) [Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, 3x Lightning Claw, Plasma Blaster, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Land Raider Phobos [Dozer Blade, Frag Assault Launchers]

Legion Terminator Sergeant [Chainfist]

Legion Terminator Squad (465pts) [Chainfist, 4x Legion Terminators, 3x Lightning Claw, Plasma Blaster, Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

+ Heavy Support (755pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (190pts) [Accelerator Autocannon, Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (190pts) [Accelerator Autocannon, Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Pintle-mounted Heavy Bolter]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (375pts) [Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Frag Assault Launchers, Quad Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter]

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [ XVI: Sons of Horus, Traitor]

Rite of War [Pride of the Legion]

Created with BattleScribe

No worries, quick question. Where is your Praetor getting the Cyber familiar? Or is that meant to be Cataphractii Primus?

EDIT: Whipped up a quick list based on that last one, PotL and obeys the restrictions.

Dropped some upgrades on vehicles like Aux Drive and all that Armoured Ceramite...I know everyone swears by it, but in my experience you are just as likely to have a Lascannon one shot you from across the field as you are to have a Melta up close.

If you wanted to, you could drop the Praetor for a Delegatus and use those points for some upgrades.

+++ SoH PotL (Warhammer 30,000 - The Horus Heresy v68) (2497pts) +++

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List v257) (2497pts) ++

+ HQ (435pts) +

Legion Centurion (120pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Consul [Chaplain]

Legion Centurion (130pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon]

Consul [Primus Medicae]

Legion Praetor (185pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Digital Lasers, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade]

+ Troops (1307pts) +

Justaerin Terminator Squad (377pts) [2x Chainfist, 6x Combi-Weapon, 6x Justaerin Terminators, 4x Power Fist]

+ Heavy Support (755pts) +

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (375pts) [Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Frag Assault Launchers, Quad Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter]

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes [ XVI: Sons of Horus, Traitor]

Rite of War [Pride of the Legion]

Created with BattleScribe

Thanks!

Yea the cyber familiar offsets the points I need for the primus. I'm glad you were able to get it to work. Sucks I have to lose armored ceramite. Feels like a huge weakness, no?

It will depend on your meta, I run 8+ tanks in my standard list and never really have the Melta issue since I deploy to deny Deepstrikers and tanks can easily move out of range.

Man I'd always go ceremite on the Spartan over aux drive. Your paying over 300pts for a vehicle, make sure it can do its job. Drop podding Levi's with melta lance is a thing (so too are drop pod Raven guard, rhino with multi melta, Cortus dreads, bets outflanking).Dozer blades will mitigate the need for aux drive some what and it's still on a 4+. Once that's thing is imobilised you need to get out and start running quick so you can get there, not try and wait and roll a 4+.

This coming from someone that has run 2 for the last couple of years, always AC

Here we go:

If I drop the aux drive on the spartan I can give my chappy artificer armor

Horus LM

Legiones Astartes

Primus Medicae in Terminator armour: Terminator armour (Cataphractii); power weapon (axe) 130

Praetor in Terminator armour: Rite of War (Pride of the Legion); combi-bolter; Paragon blade (master-crafted); digital lasers 185

Chaplain: Crozius Arcanum (axe); refractor field 95

5 Justaerin Terminators: 5 × combi-weapon; 3 × power fist; 2 × chainfist 325

• Land Raider Phobos: dozer blade; armoured ceramite; frag assault launchers 260

• Land Raider Phobos: dozer blade; armoured ceramite; frag assault launchers 260

Sicaran Battle Tank: dozer blade; 2 sponson-mounted heavy bolters; pintle-mounted heavy bolter 200

Sicaran Battle Tank: dozer blade; 2 sponson-mounted heavy bolters; pintle-mounted heavy bolter 200

Spartan Assault Tank: auxiliary drive; armoured ceramite; flare shield; dozer blade; frag assault launchers 395

2,500 points

I realized that having a master crafted paragon blade and a chaplain in the same squad is a little redundant. How would you guys spend that extra 15 points?

I was thinking extra armor on both land raiders and banestrike ammo for my praetor? Or I could upgrade the chaplain to a termie chaplain but that doesn't really get me all that much. Just a 4+ save difference.

• 2 weeks later...

3k version

Horus 3k

Legiones Astartes

Chaplain in Terminator armour: Crozius Arcanum (axe); Terminator armour (Cataphractii); combi-bolter 120

10 Veteran Space Marines: Veteran Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist); Marksmen; 9 Veteran Space Marines; legion vexilla; 2 × heavy bolter and suspensor web 235

• Rhino: hunter-killer missile; dozer blade 45

Xiphon Pattern Interceptor: ground-tracking auguries; chaff launcher; armoured cockpit 225

Horus the Warmaster: Rite of War (The Long March) 500

3,000 points

Question for you guys;

Do you think I need either or of the supplemental HQs and which would you drop and why?

I was thinking of dropping the primus so I can take a 3 man plasma bikersquad for something fast that can hit from the flanks.

Okay, but do you feel that taking the outriders over the primus is the better bet? I was thinking about it and thought that maybe the primus was redundant since I bought a spartan for them to ride around it. Chappy is still nice as an offensive buff. Just curious as to your thoughts.

Having a mobile harrasing force would definitely be better in this case. The medic really adds to survivability but it's largely unnecessary with how durable your blob already is. Although I don't see the Spartan you are referring to in the list.

That said, the medic is great against armies that don't bring a lot of str8+, but if they have it it may feel like you could have spent the points better elsewhere. Putting all your bread in one basket doesn't work quite as well in 30k it seems

Sry. Here's the list.

Termies 2500

Legiones Astartes

Praetor in Terminator armour: Rite of War (Pride of the Legion); Terminator armour (Cataphractii); combi-bolter (banestrike ammunition); Paragon blade; digital lasers 175

Chaplain: Crozius Arcanum (axe); artificer armour; bolt pistol; chainsword; refractor field 105

Spartan Assault Tank: armoured ceramite; flare shield; dozer blade; frag assault launchers 385

2,500 points

To add the bikes I just have to drop the primus and a few minor upgrades. So, you guys think keeping the chappy is smart and dropping the primus isn't a bad idea. I'm just trying to squeeze some more "stuff" into this list

Yeah it's a scary list no doubt. My worry is how well you'll handle objectives as is. The bikes add more mobility and an ability to smash up fragile targets hiding in the backline.

Dropping the primus sacrifices buffs to survivability, while losing the chaplain hurts damage output. So it's up to you which will be more important.

That said, as is the list is a brutal five-fingered death punch. My own 2500 list would certainly struggle against it a bit. Closest 30k can get to a viable death star is with horus.

Archived