Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fighting filthy witch demons

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JAG Templar

JAG Templar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 137 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
Brothers,

I'm likely (certain) to encounter Tzeentch demon armies in the near future, they seem to be in fashion in my area, and they look to be very tough. I was hoping to get some advice.

Specifically I'm talking about an army with Magnus, Fateweaver, lots of pink horrors, screamers of tzeentch, other witchy things that I didn't recognise.

Normally my army centres around an Honour Guard and Marshal in a LRC basically disappearing entire units from the table, supported by air and small razorback units of crusaders, and maybe another land raider. Doesn't seem appropriate when I look at the strong anti armour that can be brought during the enemy 'witch phase'.

I've come up with this:
- Celestine and 5 vanguard, mixed power weapons loadout
- 2 ironclads in drop pods
- crusader squad with lascannon (operates ADL quad gun)
- small crusader squad, razorback
- grav cents in drop pod
- Raptorwing: 2 talons and a landspeeder
- ADL with quad gun
- culexus assassin

That's it for 1850.

Any comments or thoughts? Fateweaver doesn't look too hard to kill but Magnus looks nasty. My plan will be to smash Fateweavers face in and try to shoot Magnus. Everything else cleaned up by Celestine and friends.

Couple of questions:

1. Is the ADL value for points?. It's really there just to bring large flying witch demons down to earth.
2. I've owned the Culexus model for a while. Never used him. No real idea on how to use him - any advice?
3. Any general tips pertinent to facing psychic demons? With the recent releases I'm seeing quite a few more of these, although not due to play one myself for a few weeks.

Thanks in advance!
gallery_38474_6916_12161.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_45765_11559_3638.pnggallery_45765_11565_21922.png

The Spanish Inquisitor

The Spanish Inquisitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts

To counter filthy psykers, two squads of sisters of silence in Rhino might be more efficient than a single culexus.

The Culexus is a good unit but will die quickly as your opponent will focus its firepower on him if he wants to use his psychic powers. 

• JAG Templar likes this

Metic

Metic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 905 posts

Usually when I fight demons I want to hit them with weight of dice. They only have their invul save so making them take mass amounts of bolter shots and flamers is good. Another helpful reminder. Demons have no access to grenades at all. So use that to your advantage against khorne/slanesh to drop them to initiative 1. Make them charge you.

• JAG Templar likes this

JAG Templar

JAG Templar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 137 posts

To counter filthy psykers, two squads of sisters of silence in Rhino might be more efficient than a single culexus.
The Culexus is a good unit but will die quickly as your opponent will focus its firepower on him if he wants to use his psychic powers.

Thanks. I definitely like the look of the sisters and will probably end up buying a Talons of the Emperor box as it's exceptionally good value for money.

I was making a bit of an assumption that because psychic shooting couldn't target him, and other shooting would be hitting on 6s he would have a bit of endurance in the field. I'd just need to keep him away from template weapons.

Edited by JAG Templar, 22 April 2017 - 07:15 AM.

gallery_38474_6916_12161.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_45765_11559_3638.pnggallery_45765_11565_21922.png

JAG Templar

JAG Templar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 137 posts

Usually when I fight demons I want to hit them with weight of dice. They only have their invul save so making them take mass amounts of bolter shots and flamers is good. Another helpful reminder. Demons have no access to grenades at all. So use that to your advantage against khorne/slanesh to drop them to initiative 1. Make them charge you.

Ok cheers for the advice. I'm going to try and squeeze a TFC in there to force more save rolls, as you suggest.

Edited by JAG Templar, 22 April 2017 - 12:19 AM.

• Honda likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users