Blood Angel Successor Ideas

TheRealMcCagh

Fairly new here, so apologies if this should be posted somewhere else.

After reading Dante a little while ago, I realized he has probably lived through a Founding or two (26th, the most recent, at 738.M41 but the 23rd at early M38 as the only confirmed dates). So that leaves the 24th and 25th unaccounted for, with Dante being born mid way though M40.

Has anyone thought about a successor chapter whose Chapter Master was originally a Blood Angel? Maybe a Captain who Dante saw some promise in and designated to be a Chapter Master of a successor? We know for sure he was Chapter Master of the Blood Angels at the time of the most recent founding, and they usually take established veterans away to lead the newly founded chapters. 

I've always liked the idea of making a successor chapter, but I love the Blood Angels so damn much I don't want to leave. I figure with a Chapter Master who served as an actual Blood Angel could explain the 95% Blood Angel, 5% fluctuation. Any thoughts/ideas?

That's basically how successor chapters work!

They don't grow a new chapter master from scratch, but some command elements from the gene seed donor chapter get elevated to leading the new found chapter.

If they make a new chapter from blood drinker stock, a drinker goes on to lead, etc.

Archived