HH to remain using 7th ed rules

Have you guya thought about the change to chainswords and what that means for the wording on a lot of forgeworld units that can buy close combat weapons and not specifically chainswords?

As a space wolves player, i will have to figure out what to arm my dudes with now modelwise. Obviously i want chainswords, but i also want the variety on models. Im considering to just modelling them and make chainswords and ccw modelwise the same. Pay the pts when builsing the list, but otherwise juat say that everybody has a ccw actually has a chainsword unless it looks vastly different and is obviously a power weapon.

I'd say when FW get around to it they will add chainswords as a new weapon option for certain units, I just wish they would show the data slate for Khorne Beserkers then we can see how awesome chain axes will be as my black shield mauraders will be pretty damn brutal with dual pistols and chainaxes :D

Fw care a lot about 40k. It was already stated that they are (or were, hopefully done now) working on redoing imperial armour book 1-13 to be fully 8th edition compliant.

Not books, units. The days of Imperial Armor updates are probably long gone. 

Semantics, the content will be compatible.

Fw care a lot about 40k. It was already stated that they are (or were, hopefully done now) working on redoing imperial armour book 1-13 to be fully 8th edition compliant.

Not books, units. The days of Imperial Armor updates are probably long gone.

Semantics, the content will be compatible.

Not semantics if you want to know what happened at Badab, Vraks, Kastorel-Novem, etc. can't believe that even needs to be mentioned. The only 40k campaigns worth reading about have come from FW, and if they discontinue those books the brightest parts of the 40k universe are wiped out entirely.

I wonder if there will be army wide special rules anymore. As it seems there won't be, haven't they said that? Nur if there won't be army wide special rules how will FW do the legions justice?

That is the least of our worries - FW will just make their own Legiones Astartes rules, and adapt the rules slightly, just as HH was an expansion for 7th, so shall it be for 8th. And from what I've seen, Chaos have 'Death to the False Emperor,' Space Marines have 'ATKNSF,' so why not replace that with the old Legiones Astartes updated for 8th and boom, all is well in the world.

If FW confirms the port to 8th edition, it would be nice if they offered the current black books at a discount due to the outdated rules (unlikely, but one can dream of getting books 4-7 cheaper to read the fluff laugh.png). Although maybe I could get them from doom-sayers selling them on ebay anyways teehee.gif.

Well so in 8th you can now assault out of ANY vehicle especially rhinos that seems pretty damn good now think of the points saved giving units rhinos instead of land raiders and you can now use Proteus or Achilles as assault vehicles too :D

My future Vlka Fenryka is really liking the look of 8th, especially if Grey Slayers can still advance and charge!

....Disembark, Advance, Charge.... All from a humble Rhino? LAWDY ohmy.png!

I'm excited for Phosphex being hopefully toned down a little (like marines still getting a save as it moves to -2AP or something).

I really hope they move to 8th ruleset.

I turned my back on things mid way through 7th.

But now? It's all coming up milhouse!

The Rout are looking pretty nice if they stay similar after the change! Tempted to give them a go again...

I really hope they move to 8th ruleset.

I turned my back on things mid way through 7th.

But now? It's all coming up milhouse!

The Rout are looking pretty nice if they stay similar after the change! Tempted to give them a go again...

I am kinda pumped for the wolves as things sit now.

Have you guya thought about the change to chainswords and what that means for the wording on a lot of forgeworld units that can buy close combat weapons and not specifically chainswords?

As a space wolves player, i will have to figure out what to arm my dudes with now modelwise. Obviously i want chainswords, but i also want the variety on models. Im considering to just modelling them and make chainswords and ccw modelwise the same. Pay the pts when builsing the list, but otherwise juat say that everybody has a ccw actually has a chainsword unless it looks vastly different and is obviously a power weapon.

It is something I've been thinking about.

Hopefully they'll do a similar rule for Legionary Close Combat Weapon to keep things level. Otherwise my WYSIWYG MKIII Iron Warriors Vet Tacticals are going to get a hell of a lot better in combat than my MKIV Night Lords Vet Tacticals.

We should get some answers about general direction this weekend at least. Maybe someone will ask the question.

My future Vlka Fenryka is really liking the look of 8th, especially if Grey Slayers can still advance and charge!

....Disembark, Advance, Charge.... All from a humble Rhino? LAWDY ohmy.png!

I'm excited for Phosphex being hopefully toned down a little (like marines still getting a save as it moves to -2AP or something).

AP3 would equate to -2AP if they stay with the conversion factor, and it will probably retain some kind of re-roll to wound mechanic. I am interested to see how Breachers are treated since there are no template or blast weapons anymore. If they just get a flat re-roll to saves, that would make them very durable.

Archived