HH to remain using 7th ed rules

From the start the HH was compatible with 40k, we have no data on how it will impact sales by not being compatible.  All BoC and BoP was make the point of entry easier, lots of people like me couldn't afford or were unwilling to pay FW prices for basic troops.

In my mind being compatible is very important as most people play 40k before starting 30k.  It is hard to start a HH community when you need different base rules and have no one to play with until other people transition, with compatible rules you have far more options for who to play.  of course it is ideal to play 30k vs 30k, but that isn't the reality for many.

lol I hate HH. Thinking with your heart is what has you clasping and flailing to love 7th edition when a better alternative has been produced.

I've asked several times what about 7th edition needs to be preserved for you besides the models you purchased that you want validation for and nothing has been forth coming.

I've presented tangible ways in which current units with no change to mechanics would improve.

If you would prefer the AoD forum to go back to when you and 3 or 4 guys you met on the internet were posting pictures of the new 5 marines you added to your 10 existing. I suppose this would go a long way to getting there.

I prefer seeing all the new painters and modelers who have joined the forum. The stories and writing.

I prefer the 100 players at the Adepticon HH events. The new ideas having a player base has introduced, new players question conventional wisdom and asking explanations making us question our bias.

These things all come from enthusiasm, and energy these are the things we are going to use to the stick in the mud attitude that is an undercurrent in the HH community.

lol I hate HH. Thinking with your heart is what has you clasping and flailing to love 7th edition when a better alternative has been produced.

I've asked several times what about 7th edition needs to be preserved for you besides the models you purchased that you want validation for and nothing has been forth coming.

I've presented tangible ways in which current units with no change to mechanics would improve.

If you would prefer the AoD forum to go back to when you and 3 or 4 guys you met on the internet were posting pictures of the new 5 marines you added to your 10 existing. I suppose this would go a long way to getting there.

I prefer seeing all the new painters and modelers who have joined the forum. The stories and writing.

I prefer the 100 players at the Adepticon HH events. The new ideas having a player base has introduced, new players question conventional wisdom and asking explanations making us question our bias.

These things all come from enthusiasm, and energy these are the things we are going to use to the stick in the mud attitude that is an undercurrent in the HH community.

Are you.... talking to me?

You have 2 product lines. 1 is massively popular and has huge demand for your product. The other tiny market , low demand and the head of is not reachable.

You have massive product volume short falls as is, and a new results driven CEO observing all of your business choices.

Which product do you support, how long do you have to wait for the pencil pushers to get off your neck? This is not FW of 2007, that company is gone. They don't get to be seperate artists in the same building working on passion projects.

You have no idea what forge world is like, their revenue, their value to the company. Anything you can make that analysis on. It sounds like you just hate the heresy. If you don't like it, that's your prerogative. But you can't just will the Heresy to be failing because you don't like it.

As a stock holder I actually do. I get report pretty regularly as oitlined by the law.

Sure you do. Most of that information is publicly accessible anyways, and even were you actually a stockholder, you'd not get individual range details.

Question for the masses who're generally angry with pretty much everything GW/FW do/all aspects of Warhammer in this thread - if you hate them so much, why bother doing the hobby?

Are you.... talking to me?

At this point is better pretend he is talking to himself.

Ran

Guys, you all need to tone it down a bit really.

We don't know jackcensored.gif about how 8th will affect HH yet, nor how HH will perfom under 8th if and when the transition is made.

But it sure will transition at some point.

Then we can all decide which version we'd like to play.

These arguments (from both sides honestly) do nothing at all for the HH community - if there is such a thing - they only divide us.

Unfortunately as with most of these 7th/8th Edition discussions neither side is going to accept the other parties views nor should anyone have to, its better to just agree to disagree and move on with our lives.

As I've stated above I can't see that many generic legion units which won't be covered in some capacity by the 8th edition indexs... All Terminator variants are produced by GW so will have stats - same with standard contemptor, all the heresy vehicles will be in the FW Astartes index. Legion support and Heavy Support Squads could be divided amongst legion tacticals to make regular tactical squads, recon and seekers could be fielded as sternguard. Destroyers could be counts as intercessors. 

There is always a way.

But getting angry and frustrated with each other with only half facts, rumours and supposition about a set of wargames rules seems inane. I've been playing with toy soldiers and dice for just over three decades and I've seen many rules sets including about 95% of all the games/editions GW have ever produced.

We need to take a deep breath and see what happens next, worst case scenario HH stays 7th and one of the many talented groups of players/contributors will make an excellent fan built HH 8th edition. Best case HH 7th Ed gets the 18 legions and then gets ported across to 8th Ed and both sides are happy.

But as we don't know its pointless arguing endlessly in the same cyclical discussion, its pointless to rage quit and sell everything (because if you wait a while and GW replace all current marines your figures become OOP/Rare and the price on ebay only climbs - points to what were common Necromunda figures now selling at 400% RRP) 

Guys, you all need to tone it down a bit really.

We don't know jackcensored.gif about how 8th will affect HH yet, nor how HH will perfom under 8th if and when the transition is made.

But it sure will transition at some point.

Then we can all decide which version we'd like to play.

These arguments (from both sides honestly) do nothing at all for the HH community - if there is such a thing - they only divide us.

Thumbs up cause I'm out of likes. thumbsup.gif

It's a hobby guys. Let's all relax a bit. smile.png

Archived