8th Edition & BA

Charlo

You thinking of starting with your Chaos?

(Our RTS event is still scheduled to start in September if you fancy some motivation for your BAs.)

Edited by Jolemai

You thinking of starting with your Chaos?

(Our RTS event is still scheduled to start in September if you fancy some motivation for your BAs.)

Yes, It's my Bigger force. and If the Index's are $25 a book I will need to drop 50 to get my BA's and Agents up and running. So focusing on my Chaos Forces lets me get that army ready, and then I can sort my BA's out later. 

September sounds like a good time to start working on them again as well. 

The Blood Crusade refers to the Armageddon War Zone incoming events :

Since the warp rift tore through the heart of the galaxy, Armageddon has found itself directly in the path of The Blood Crusade, a vast legion of Khorne’s Daemons pouring into realspace.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/29/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-armageddon/

------------------------------------------------------

As for the Primaris, i'm not found of the new models. Those "Shotty Astartes 2.0" are not of my tastes. It feel like the model design is more "Heroic Fantasy in the future" rather than "The Grimdark future of the 40k millenium".

But Hopefully :

Travel through the Cicatrix Maledictum is all but impossible, but sporadic contact has been made, through temporary warp-routes, to a few of the best-defended worlds on the other side – and things are not looking good.

On the far side of the galaxy-spanning warp storm, things have quite literally gone to hell.

There, the light of the Astronomicon is obscured behind a psychic maelstrom of nightmares and the entire region has been dubbed ‘Imperium Nihilus’, or the Dark Imperium.

Amongst the besieged Imperial worlds in this Dark Imperium are many Space Marine Chapter Planets, including Baal, home of the Blood Angels. Things were already looking pretty grim for the sons of Sanguinius, with a hive fleet closing in on them, and now it looks even bleaker. Cut off from the light of Terra, the Angels and their Successors stand unbowed against the might of Hive Fleet Leviathan, hoping they can withstand the storm.

So following the new fluff, it quite unlikely that Primaris will take part at the defense of Baal. (Maybe a few will make it to Baal...)

It prolly has to do with Khorne

A Crusade of Khorne? That would be a first...

Besides, I thought that the Imperium is on the offensive now.

Consider the Imperiums Crusade like the Battle of the Bulge or the 100 day offensive. Yes, they are offensives, but they are basically the last push of a crumbling empire. They also took place at the same time of other offensives against themselves. There are plenty of times in history where offensives had take place at the same time from both sides :p Edited by Arkangilos

I wonder...Are our Tactical objective cards obsolete now?

Yep.

I've wasted so much money on these :censored: things. Templates, counters, objective cards, psychic cards, dice, etc.

I could've gotten me another Drop Pod instead to say the least... :wallbash:

Oh, I hope I have enough money come June to buy the new rulebook and the Blood Angel rules.

But I'm actually more curious how this will affect Horus Heresy. Angelus is supposed to be the next book and would have finally given us rules for The Angel himself and the BA Legion in all of its glory. Will they still be in 7th? Will they be in 8th? Will the book have to be pushed back to update the rules?

I wonder...Are our Tactical objective cards obsolete now?

Yep.

I've wasted so much money on these :censored: things. Templates, counters, objective cards, psychic cards, dice, etc.

I could've gotten me another Drop Pod instead to say the least... :wallbash:

Did you ever use these in a game? Then money not wasted.

Money on dice is totally wasted, though, they're invalidated by the new game, you have to write numbers on bits of paper and pull them out of a bag.

Edit:

Movement rules for advancing: "Roll a dice"

Derp, do they mean 'die' singular, or can I roll multiple, it doesn't specify it has to be a D6 so I can roll my D100, Game broken.

Edited by Xenith

http://i.imgur.com/ZfJXaLv.png

Ok, they're growing on me. If they're basically like a mobile and tough - but shorter ranged - squad of devastators they might actually find a place in my army. Seems like something the Blood Angels would like to adopt.