8th Edition & BA

Charlo

http://i.imgur.com/ZfJXaLv.png

Ok, they're growing on me. If they're basically like a mobile and tough - but shorter ranged - squad of devastators they might actually find a place in my army. Seems like something the Blood Angels would like to adopt.

According to he movement rules, these guys will be able to disengage and still shoot.

It prolly has to do with Khorne

A Crusade of Khorne? That would be a first...

Besides, I thought that the Imperium is on the offensive now. 

Maybe somebody forgot to send The Blood God a memo?

I wonder...Are our Tactical objective cards obsolete now?

Yes, they said they were reworking those.

http://i.imgur.com/ZfJXaLv.png

Ok, they're growing on me. If they're basically like a mobile and tough - but shorter ranged - squad of devastators they might actually find a place in my army. Seems like something the Blood Angels would like to adopt.

According to he movement rules, these guys will be able to disengage and still shoot.

If they count as having the FLY rule, but I don't think they do.

I'm guessing this rule is reserved for fliers, not jump units.

These are Flyers, and not Jump units.

How do you know?

A little birdie who works for Relic told me.

EDIT: Plus, the article says, "And dropping in from orbit are Inceptors..."

You aren't going to drop in from orbit with a Jump Pack.  They'd drop in from low-flying aircraft, like Thunderhawks, but not from orbit.

v

Edited by Valerian

Well again, the Cities of Death article also mentioned Nightlords Raptors as flying...which are the Chaos equivalent of Assault Marines. If those are no Jump unit, I dare say there are no specific "Jump" units anymore and all of those get the <fly> keyword.

Anyway that part sounds pretty harsh on flyer (as in vehicle flyer). I wonder whether they still have their "can turn only 90°" rule in 8th.

"if a model cannot make its minimum move, or is forced to move off the battlefield because of its minimum speed, it is destroyed and removed from the battlefield"

These are Flyers, and not Jump units.

How do you know?

A little birdie who works for Relic told me.

EDIT: Plus, the article says, "And dropping in from orbit are Inceptors..."

You aren't going to drop in from orbit with a Jump Pack.  They'd drop in from low-flying aircraft, like Thunderhawks, but not from orbit.

v

There are already instance of marines dropping from orbit with jump packs. This is nothing new. ;)

From Storm of Damocles:

"Entering from high orbit with nothing but a jump pack was what the Raven Guard excelled at. It was what they were made for. To strike from the sky, when most enemies looked towards the land for their foes."

Ah, yes, you're right on the Jump Packs point.  Regardless, I've been told these guys are actual Flyers moreso than old-style Jump Infantry by a guy who has a good track record for inside info.

That would be interesting then. I'm curious to see if they also have a minimum movement value.

Though I would guess they don't.

No, I wouldn't think so.  It was said they'd be more like a Landspeeder, so they can hover without penalty.

That would be interesting then. I'm curious to see if they also have a minimum movement value.

Though I would guess they don't.

The core rule leak actually says that some flying models have a minimum movement value. That pretty much confirmes that not all have it and I bet all my money that Infantry models won't. ,)

Chin up old boy, hand/weapon swap for a force weapon and its a bunch of librarians with jump packs and we dont even need to convert the hood!

Unlike Orks space marines do not get bigger as they become more powerful or acquire new abilities. You are right though they do look like they wear psychic hoods.

Also - interesting that they've just upgraded chainswords to have a rules benefit but these guys dobt have them....

Because they're a shooting unit, with what sources are pointing to the equivalent of a heavy storm bolter....!

Codex Astartes says: "Before the Space Marine has undergone additional gene modifications beyond what the Emperor did, he shall not equip a jump pack and a boltgun let alone a heavy Bolter at the same time." :wacko.:

Why didn't they just give the option to assault marines? A shooty jump unit would be a very sensible idea. But no one besides the Sons of Horus even thought that a tool for breaching doors and bulkheads (multimelta) would be a good idea to pair with armor that is best suited for boarding actions (TDA)

Chin up old boy, hand/weapon swap for a force weapon and its a bunch of librarians with jump packs and we dont even need to convert the hood!

Unlike Orks space marines do not get bigger as they become more powerful or acquire new abilities. You are right though they do look like they wear psychic hoods.

Tho some Marines are clearly bigger than their brothers and it's entirely possible that such a big marine became more powerful than most of his brothers. :P

I'm curious to see what's being rejigged on the FW side of things. If we for some reason gain access to normal Mortis Dreadnoughts (non-Contemptor) I will be quite pleased.

Looking at the DG Faction Focus, it is implied that FnP is a save against damage. So it's

Roll To Hit -> roll To Wound -> armour save -> roll for damage -> multiple damage saves.

With Command Squads still being a body guard for Characters, this seems good due to Apothecaries. For use, this could be impressive on DC and a Priest bubble assuming they both retain it.

Looking at the DG Faction Focus, it is implied that FnP is a save against damage. So it's

Roll To Hit -> roll To Wound -> armour save -> roll for damage -> multiple damage saves.

With Command Squads still being a body guard for Characters, this seems good due to Apothecaries. For use, this could be impressive on DC and a Priest bubble assuming they both retain it.

Let's hope that there aren't too many sources of mortal wounds.

That would make Sergeants with Combat shield acutally useful. Nice idea!

And yeah I assume the Primaris are the new army nobody has seen before.

Is the hellflamer in this the equivalent of our heavy flamer? If so there's your stat-line:

LeviathanDreadProfile.jpg
Edited by NTaW