8th Edition & BA

Charlo

Is the hellflamer in this the equivalent of our heavy flamer? If so there's your stat-line:

LeviathanDreadProfile.jpg

I think D6, Str 5, AP -1 and D 1 are more plausible for the Heavy Flamer IMHO. D 2 seems too much.

It's probably more like the flame storm cannon?

So let's speculate...

Frag Cannon

Heavy 2D6, Str6, AP0, D1 (Sixes to wound are D2 with AP-3)

My 2 cents

Edited by vahouth

You really think a weapon that used to have AP3 in 7th will have AP- in 8th? That's just ridiculous lol

Well weapons that were AP 5 (bolters, flamers etc. ) are AP -0 now.

You really think a weapon that used to have AP3 in 7th will have AP- in 8th? That's just ridiculous lol

Well weapons that were AP 5 (bolters, flamers etc. ) are AP -0 now.

Yes, and stuff that was AP4, 3, 2 and 1 have now systematically become AP -1, -2, -3 and -4 respectively.

It stands to reason that a formerly ap3 weapon would now be ap-2.

I sincerely doubt Flamestorm would be 2D6.  S6, ok.  2D6?  No.

I snap! Sorry guys. :blush.:

I meant to say Frag Cannon in my post and somehow wrote Flamestorm Cannon instead. LMAO

I kinda hope Mephiston doesn't get the Primaris treatment (but still a new model) so he can be the traditional Space Marine that has power far surpassing those of the new Primaris Marines. :P

Hi.

there is rumor that Khorne Berzerkers on 6 to hit will get additional attack in melee and double pile in move - is that what DC would also get?

That one wasn't just about Khorne Berzerker. The additional attack on 6s was about the "Death to the false Emperor" special rule which Rubrics have as well. ;)

In the same tone, it is interresting to note that Dante, with is 1,500 years of Service to the Emperor, is OLDER than Guilliman himself. I can already depict Dante calling Guilliman "Young one".

Dante : "I have faced 1,500 years of perpetual war, succeded were other felt, defended what could not be, killed horrors in untold numbers, and with only a fraction of what was your Legion, so, no, i do not need that "Primaris" gift you offer, Young Guilliman. You are still a naive child if you imagine yourself above your father's mistakes."

I can clearly imagine that kind of dialogue should the two come to face each other^^.

Dante/mephiston/Corbulo taking the primaris would be a great opportunity to release new models for them

By Sanguinius I hope that doesn't come to pass. I have not enjoyed anything I've seen of the Primaris so far except for a couple of accessories, but I'm clearly a minority on that score.

Definitely won't get Corbulo anyhow since the plastic Sanguinary Priest is Corbulo in all but name

I'm not a fan of the mark x jump packs, or flying centurions as I like to call them. But buffing up the named characters I think if be okay with.

With the loathing I have for BoLS, they posted an article (possibly nicked from FLG) about the primaris marines throughout the history that points to them being there all along that was rather good. If you can get passed all the :cuss:

I wonder how Guilliman views Dante :ohmy.:

I also wonder how Guilliman react with the first "Blood Angels Primaris" showing the early signs of Red Thirst / Black Rage....mostly the Black Rage, since being a psychic affliction, it cannot be "repaired" in the gene-seed, unlike the Red Thirst for which the Lamenters chapter was an experiment for a cure, which wasn't that successfull.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game-wise, speaking of Flamers....and weapons :

- I think that Flamestorm Canon is going to be 2D6, while heavy/standard/lhand flamers are 1D6. This way it would be reasonable that Flamestorm and Heavy flamers may be Damage 2 (D2) weapons.

- Also, welcome Flamer squads. (5 assault brothers with 2 flamers + 1 hand-flamer, in a razorback with twin-linked heavy flamer (so 2d6 heavy flamer...). )

- Terminators with Lightning Claws will now be Awesome. Plus, now, Regular Terminators power-fist/chain-fist strike at initiative....no need to speak about the heavy-flamers that is now a viable option.

- I can expect that the Rhino/Razorback will got some kind of "It will not die" rule, to reflect that he can repair itself, plus certainly a T6 with 4-6 wounds and a 3/4+.

Edited by Frater Antodeniel