Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

8th Edition & BA

• Please log in to reply
1416 replies to this topic

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,393 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguinary Crusaders
I think we will get it back with the dex

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

Thoridon

Thoridon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 250 posts

+1 to armour save rolls per nipple on display?

• Spagunk, Quixus, Lostiris and 1 other like this
Thor's Blood Angels (Topic): Link
Thor's Imperial Guard (Topic): Link

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,389 posts

Armor save tied to how reflective you can polish your gold armor.

• Quixus likes this

The best article I have read in a long time: http://www.alternet....e/132859?page=1
"[I] still find it funny that the you have to look to Jon Stewart and Rolling Stone to get something close to the truth" - One of my Co-workers

"What I believe is that all clear-minded people should remain two things throughout their lifetimes: Curious and teachable" - Roger Ebert

Rest in Peace Brother Edwards
sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_3052.gifgallery_62972_10568_31437.jpgcfb4eba4-62e6-4845-bad0-2ec9c22d1da8.jpggallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,921 posts
  • Chapter Name: To be decided later

I think we will get it back with the dex

Why? Those that natively had AA still have it and every marine character, including the blue poster boys, lost it. I doubt it will come back.

BTW there have been changes to runic armour (i.e. what was previously AA for Space Wolves) as well. It is only available to rune priests and is 3+/5++ instead of 2+. At least I hope that's what it is. Depending on how you read the rules, it could be 5++ only.

Edited by Quixus, 16 June 2017 - 03:32 PM.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,098 posts

I think they want to make things like SG, TDA and stuff that has a 2+ more obvious.

Most capatains just look a little bit like fancier marines and lets face it, they're going to have a 4++ most of the time anyway.

• keeblerartillery likes this

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all." - Mortarion

Heresy WIP Thread: Talons

WIP Thread

Index Astartes Sanguine Visions

ThatOneMarshal

ThatOneMarshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,116 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars and Night lords
People wanted the 5th edition codex back well we got it lol.

Just when I was ready to start using my jump captiain too lol :D.

Terran_zps971683eb.pngETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpg  ETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

evildrcheese

evildrcheese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 959 posts
I'm not sad to see artificer armour as a character upgrade disappear, there was never any point in taking terminator armour when you could have artificer armour instead. Now that terminator armour is the only way to get 2+ on upgradable characters we'Lloyd hopefully see more of them. The fact that TDA also gives an extra wound is just icing on the cake.

EDC
  • Calistarius likes this

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg ETL_2016_Badge_02_Forum_Champion_BA.jpg  ETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpg sml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpg

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,921 posts

People wanted the 5th edition codex back well we got it lol.

Just when I was ready to start using my jump captiain too lol biggrin.png.

How is 8th like 5th edition? There are no TDA priests, there are no meltaguns for our ASM, Baal predator's aren't :FA: etc.

I'm not sad to see artificer armour as a character upgrade disappear, there was never any point in taking terminator armour when you could have artificer armour instead. Now that terminator armour is the only way to get 2+ on upgradable characters we'Lloyd hopefully see more of them. The fact that TDA also gives an extra wound is just icing on the cake.

EDC

IMHO a single terminator running around with PA marines looks weird. What's even weirder is that the BA and all successor chapters have ~40 suits of Artificer Armour for their Sanguinary Guard, but none for captains. that type of armour  also was the only way to get 2+ on a jump unit. 

BTW where are the Chapter Masters for successor chapters in 8th?

durdle-durdle

durdle-durdle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 521 posts
Right there under "flesh tearers"

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,591 posts

And overnight, the Slaaneshi boobsnake becomes the must have model in your army.

• vahouth, Quixus, Dont-Be-Haten and 1 other like this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_11765_15606.jpggallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pngXX

Crimson Ghost IX

Crimson Ghost IX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 209 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

And overnight, the Slaaneshi boobsnake becomes the must have model in your army.

Just remember to apply modifiers after the armour save re-rolls on the boobsnake, and it's not that broken.

lmao to both *nod

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,591 posts

Just remember to apply modifiers after the armour save re-rolls on the boobsnake, and it's not that broken.

lmao to both *nod

In grimdark future, boobsnake modifies you.

As an addendum, this is in the book.

Dark%2BImperium%2B-%2BPrimaris%2BSpace%2

It looks like 'assault' and 'devastator' have been modified to close and fire support respectively, and vet serges now get gold helms...pffffrp

Edited by Xenith, 17 June 2017 - 11:18 AM.

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_11765_15606.jpggallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pngXX

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,921 posts

It looks like 'assault' and 'devastator' have been modified to close and fire support respectively, and vet serges now get gold helms...pffffrp

What's new about the helmets? Veterans had gold helmets for quite some time. I know of no text/picture excluding Veteran Sergeants.

Edited by Quixus, 17 June 2017 - 11:57 AM.

• Blindhamster likes this

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,393 posts
Those terms are for Primaris organization. Notice that the tactical is the 30k tactical, not the 40k tactical.

Vet sergeants usually had the normal squad color. If you look through the codex there were plenty of cases where it said veteran sergeant, all of which lacked gold helmets.

Edited by Arkangilos, 17 June 2017 - 12:50 PM.

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,921 posts

Notice that the tactical is the 30k tactical, not the 40k tactical.

That is for Dark Angels Primaris. the 1st legion also had the <=> for tacticals in previous editions of 40K.2015-06-27_2143-472x288.png

Vet sergeants usually had the normal squad color. If you look through the codex there were plenty of cases where it said veteran sergeant, all of which lacked gold helmets.

Unless I missed a pic in the last codex, the vet sergeants lack helmets altogether, which says nothing about the color of their helmets. If you find a picture please post it or a reference. The sergeants with normally coloured helmets were not classified as veterans.

Right there under "flesh tearers"

Sorry for not making myself clear, I am not looking for a specific chapter master, but for a generic template. I can't find one for Vanilla marines or Blood Angels. Only captains and named characters.

Edited by Quixus, 17 June 2017 - 05:32 PM.

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,393 posts
Look at the pictures with the big formations.

I am willing to bet that veteran sergeants wore normal colored helmets. I won't be home for two weeks though so I won't be able to check my codex.

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,393 posts
What this guy said:

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll probably go with a red helmet with a golden laurel on him. I'm fairly new to the hobby, these two squads are all I got right now, so no extra parts yet. Fact is, in the codex and the supplaments there is not a single veteran sergeant shown (at least with his helmet on).

The photo for the tactical squad entry has one biggrin.png

Also check the "Battle company formation" photo. Theres another there.

The photo on the front of the BA tactical squad box, too.

Also the section "Heraldry of the Host" shows a colour scheme for a tactical sergeant - he has a gold skull on the chest instead of the gold helm.

That's the squad that's on the artbox aswell. Ohh I didnt catch he was a veteran. Well I painted my first sergeant like that, but he's not a veteran ;P

BA sergeants have the same colour helmet as the rest of their squad.

Confusingly, the difference between a sergeant and veteran sergeant is by the field colour of their back banner - black chapter icon on red field for sergeant, red chapter icon on black field for veteran sergeant.

And this:

2nd and 3rd Ed codices conflict on this, but the 3rd Ed codex is the most recent source of clarification on the denotion of veterancy in chapters other than 1st:

gallery_60983_8363_109342.jpg

Edited by Arkangilos, 17 June 2017 - 07:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users