8th Edition & BA

Charlo

It's a shame to lose Artificer but at least it doesn't affect the models too much. We might just have finely crafted and ornately decorated power armour on our Captains now, but it's no different to someone like Seth who was set at a fixed 3+ already. Fancy looking armour will still help show their rank, and it makes our special characters stand out a bit more stat-wise with most having the 2+ save.

I think we will get it back with the dex

Why? Those that natively had AA still have it and every marine character, including the blue poster boys, lost it. I doubt it will come back.

BTW there have been changes to runic armour (i.e. what was previously AA for Space Wolves) as well. It is only available to rune priests and is 3+/5++ instead of 2+. At least I hope that's what it is. Depending on how you read the rules, it could be 5++ only.

Edited by Quixus

I'm not sad to see artificer armour as a character upgrade disappear, there was never any point in taking terminator armour when you could have artificer armour instead. Now that terminator armour is the only way to get 2+ on upgradable characters we'Lloyd hopefully see more of them. The fact that TDA also gives an extra wound is just icing on the cake.

EDC

People wanted the 5th edition codex back well we got it lol.

Just when I was ready to start using my jump captiain too lol :biggrin.:.

How is 8th like 5th edition? There are no TDA priests, there are no meltaguns for our ASM, Baal predator's aren't :FA: etc.

I'm not sad to see artificer armour as a character upgrade disappear, there was never any point in taking terminator armour when you could have artificer armour instead. Now that terminator armour is the only way to get 2+ on upgradable characters we'Lloyd hopefully see more of them. The fact that TDA also gives an extra wound is just icing on the cake.

EDC

IMHO a single terminator running around with PA marines looks weird. What's even weirder is that the BA and all successor chapters have ~40 suits of Artificer Armour for their Sanguinary Guard, but none for captains. that type of armour  also was the only way to get 2+ on a jump unit. 

BTW where are the Chapter Masters for successor chapters in 8th?

+1 to armour save rolls per nipple on display?

And overnight, the Slaaneshi boobsnake becomes the must have model in your army.

Just remember to apply modifiers after the armour save re-rolls on the boobsnake, and it's not that broken.

lmao to both *nod

+1 to armour save rolls per nipple on display?

And overnight, the Slaaneshi boobsnake becomes the must have model in your army.

Just remember to apply modifiers after the armour save re-rolls on the boobsnake, and it's not that broken.

lmao to both *nod

In grimdark future, boobsnake modifies you.

As an addendum, this is in the book.

Dark%2BImperium%2B-%2BPrimaris%2BSpace%2

It looks like 'assault' and 'devastator' have been modified to close and fire support respectively, and vet serges now get gold helms...pffffrp

Edited by Xenith

It looks like 'assault' and 'devastator' have been modified to close and fire support respectively, and vet serges now get gold helms...pffffrp

What's new about the helmets? Veterans had gold helmets for quite some time. I know of no text/picture excluding Veteran Sergeants. Edited by Quixus

Those terms are for Primaris organization. Notice that the tactical is the 30k tactical, not the 40k tactical.

Vet sergeants usually had the normal squad color. If you look through the codex there were plenty of cases where it said veteran sergeant, all of which lacked gold helmets.

Edited by Arkangilos

Notice that the tactical is the 30k tactical, not the 40k tactical.

That is for Dark Angels Primaris. the 1st legion also had the <=> for tacticals in previous editions of 40K.http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/2015-06-27_2143-472x288.png

Vet sergeants usually had the normal squad color. If you look through the codex there were plenty of cases where it said veteran sergeant, all of which lacked gold helmets.

Unless I missed a pic in the last codex, the vet sergeants lack helmets altogether, which says nothing about the color of their helmets. If you find a picture please post it or a reference. The sergeants with normally coloured helmets were not classified as veterans.

Right there under "flesh tearers"

Sorry for not making myself clear, I am not looking for a specific chapter master, but for a generic template. I can't find one for Vanilla marines or Blood Angels. Only captains and named characters. Edited by Quixus

What this guy said:

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll probably go with a red helmet with a golden laurel on him. I'm fairly new to the hobby, these two squads are all I got right now, so no extra parts yet. Fact is, in the codex and the supplaments there is not a single veteran sergeant shown (at least with his helmet on).

The photo for the tactical squad entry has one :biggrin.:

Also check the "Battle company formation" photo. Theres another there.

The photo on the front of the BA tactical squad box, too.

Also the section "Heraldry of the Host" shows a colour scheme for a tactical sergeant - he has a gold skull on the chest instead of the gold helm.

That's the squad that's on the artbox aswell. Ohh I didnt catch he was a veteran. Well I painted my first sergeant like that, but he's not a veteran ;P

BA sergeants have the same colour helmet as the rest of their squad.

Confusingly, the difference between a sergeant and veteran sergeant is by the field colour of their back banner - black chapter icon on red field for sergeant, red chapter icon on black field for veteran sergeant.

And this:

2nd and 3rd Ed codices conflict on this, but the 3rd Ed codex is the most recent source of clarification on the denotion of veterancy in chapters other than 1st:

gallery_60983_8363_109342.jpg

Edited by Arkangilos