FLAGSHIP FORTRESS: ......... The Mournful Eye

MAIN COLORS: ............... Purple and Bone

COMBAT SPECIALITY: ......... Terminator Strike Forces and Bike Assault

BATTLE CRY: ................ None, Silent unless giving orders

CURRENT STRENGTH: .......... 1,000 Marines, 250 Scouts

KNOWN DESCENDANTS: ......... N/A

ALLEGIANCE: ................ The Imperium of Man

ORIGIN OF THE CHAPTER: 

Founded from Dark Angels Gene-Seed under the orders of The High Lords of Terra from the surviving members of the (Enter Dark Angels Successor Name)'s 3rd Company after they were decimated defending the planet of Terlos V from the 12th Black Crusade. They have held a hatred for The Arch-Traitor since that day, utilizing quick bike strikes and the heavy hitting power of Terminators to fight Chaos where ever it surfaces. They wear their armor in slate grey, using mixed armor marks and relying on the vast armory gifted to them by their parent Chapter. The only color they wear is a light bronze, the color of Creit's grasslands, to pay homage to the agri-world that saved their Chapter. Only the veterans and champions of the Chapter wear honor shields, displaying the Chapter House they belong to and serve. 

CHAPTER FLEET: X

PRESENT ACTIVITIES: X

COMBAT DOCTRINE: X

ROLL OF HONOR: X

CHAPTER ORGANIZATION: X

FLEET ASSETS: X

BELIEFS: X

RECRUITMENT: X

LOCAL RITUALS: X

CHAPTER BANNERS AND STANDARDS: X

HONORS, RELICS, DECORATIONS AND AWARDS: X

BATTLE CRY: X

GENE-SEED: X

CHAMPIONS OF THE CHAPTER: X

Chapter Colors:

Main Color: Hormagaunt Purple

Trim Color: Astronomican Grey, Bleached Bone with Auric Armor

I figured with 8th Edition around the corner, I might finally be able to play Terminators the way I want to, if they get the rumored armor buff. So, I am building my Index based on the hope that I can play some major Deathwing focus, I guess we will know within the next couple weeks. 

Ceramite should be gray/grey, as the Grey Knights armor is supposed to be "bare ceramite." The picture you posted looks off-white; you can probably argue it's the white of fossilized bone, the color chosen for its association with death (the reason Deathwing Terminator's are white) or [insert meaning of choice, here].

Considering the Dark Angels remain a Legion in all but name, your successor Chapter's Ravenwing and Deathwing will likely use the same colors as those of the Dark Angels themselves.

May I ask why sand was chosen as one of the Storm Angels' Chapter colors? Is it camouflage? Or does it represent sand in an hourglass, i.e., the inevitable?

I just like the way it looks on the model, mostly. I painted a model using a white primer, a layer of leadbelcher mixed with kislev flesh, and runic gold for the trim and it came out a metallic yellow silver, and I loved it. I hadn't assigned a meaning yet to the colors, I'm still creating my Chapter culture.

Are you intending to use something of the Hexagramaton?

They could be inspired by it, be it organizational structure or certain tendencies.

Maybe the Firewing or the 30K Deathwing?

30k Deathwing would be cool, but I was under the impression that we don't really have any info on the Firewing. I want them to use that Legion structure for their Chapter though, with Deathwing, Ravenwing, Firewing, Ironwing, Dreadwing, and Stormwing, with 2 Battle Co. and 2. Reserve Companies.

Deathwing: Terminator Force

Ravenwing: Bikes and anything that flies

Firewing: ???

Ironwing: Tanks, and anything with Treads

Dreadwing: Devastators using Grav, Plasma and such, specializing in Mechanized and Drop Pod Dev Assault

Stormwing: Assault Marines and Vanguard Veterans, they often use and specialize in fighters such as the Stormtalon.

The 2 Battle Co. are the standard Battle Co. and are supported by elements from the various wings. Each Wing has a Librarius, Apothecarion, and Captain Commander that are members of the Inner Circle, with the Inner Circle composed of 21 Members from these Wings. 

I think I want them to specialize in void combat, deep strike, Space Hulks and speartip assaults. I plan to pick up prospero and use the Mk3 armor for my line troops, unless we get a MK2 in the next HH box game. I hope that 8th gives all marines access to Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminators with the special rules.

Your Chapter has no battle cry, but I thought it should have a badass boast, to be used when demanding the enemy's surrender. My proposal:

"When men sin, the Storm God," as the Creit colonists know the Emperor, "rages, destroying cities and all men's works. When traitors draw breath, we rage, destroying worlds and all traces of their existence."

I want to make sure my Astartes are close to the humans of their planet, with a special PDF similar to Ultramar. The Chapter Fortress is outside the Capital of Creit. I plan to do some more detail soon, when I have more time from work before my vacation.

Maybe this will help you.

For my chapter, the Imperial Sons, I'm intending the following:

Academies all over their homeworld. From those recruits do the Imperial Sons select the most promising ones for themselves. Those, wo fail the trials, continue their "normal" drill which will make them superb candidates for both Imperial Army and the Tempestus Scions.

If those recruits are found not suitable for military life, they rejoin their communities as disciplined and dedicated members.

This combined with the Corusca Doctrine (a mixture of the Tarkin Doctrine and the Imperial Truth) makes the Sons' homeworld a militarized, efficient and dedicated bastion, which is why it's name is Bastion. ;)

That does really help, I want it to carry the Knights in space theme as well. So something Knight Houses with children who are immediate choices for the training and testing to become an Astartes, and those who don't become will Knights(MT and probably Acolytes for the rules, since I want the rare set of PA similar to Calibanite Knights from the Order). These Knights continue the family Knight households, and take on squires who are children chosen from the common folk(Farmers and Manufactorum workers) to take the trials. It is considered a great honor for a Knight House to find a worthy squire to be chosen as an Astartes, showing they have a good eye for character. These Knights fight alongside the Astartes. I think I might stay away from being a part of the Unforgiven, at least at the point where my CMs story starts, just because I don't like the idea of slaughtering the human auxiliaries because they see a Fallen. I am borrowing a bit from the Salamanders, with the Astartes living amongst the Humans of Creit. The Fortress-Monastery is still off limits to all but the most honoured Knights, and legit Knight Pilots as well, maybe I will call them Errants for easing confusion.

Ranks:

Grand Master over the Order of the Storm Angels, The Halo of Storms

Grand Apothecarion of the Storm Angels, The Shield of Chivalry

Master Librarian of the Storm Angels,

Marshal of the 1st Company, Master of the Storm Wing

Marshal of the 2nd Company, Master of the Corvus Wing 

Marshal of the 3rd Company

Musketeer of the __ Company(Company Champion for each company, including the 1st and 2nd)

Knight-Sergeant

Knight

Initiate 

----------

PDF of Creit, the Errants of the Four Houses

Duke_____ Legate 

Baron_____ Centurion(Primus)

Sir _____ Journeyman

Errant-Squire

Errant-Aspirant 

Viscounts are Noble Knight Warriors, who bear the Knight Titan armor of their House. 

I changed my chapter color, I like the darker goldish bone color and the violet. I was inspired by a picture in the gallery on GWs website for the Deathwing Knights. I also made a color pallet for my PDF. It uses snot green and violet.

igbeta2.php?hlm=63734a&hlmst=56336b&hlms=c9b97f&face=f9ac67&hlmd=c9b97f&strap=63734a&ching=c9b97f&spadl=63734a&spadr=56336b&chest=63734a&chestd=c9b97f&tunic=c9b97f&arml=c9b97f&armr=c9b97f&handl=c9b97f&handr=c9b97f&belt=c9b97f&beltb=c9b97f&pants=c9b97f&shinpads=c9b97f&boots=c9b97f&bg=FFFFFF&

I plan to use Kommando Khaki for the uniform on these guys, but I really need to figure out the dark bone color for the Marines. Maybe Bone and a tad of Auric Armor?

Seconded Bjorn.

Your current PDF looks like an attached Cadian regiment. Don't hesitate to use your chapters color scheme for your PDF.

How about inverted colors? Violet armor with bone details.

Could be an ostentatious regiment, loving their long history of honor. Decorating themselves with the deeds of their ancestors, etc.

Chapter Hierarchy 

Masters of the Chapter

Grand Master of the Order of the Storm Angels, The Halo of Storms: Andross Snakespeaker

Grand Apothecarion of the Storm Angels: Nicol Soothhand

Master Librarian of the Storm Angels: Kyrus Deepsight

1st Company, The Storm Wing

Marshal Nathaniel Rockblood

2nd Company, The Corvus Wing

Marshal Amardian Warmaw

Knight Household Valientkeer- Symbol is a horsehead with a fishtail 

Knight Household Hawkbard- Symbol is ravenwings with a lute in the center

Knight Household Gallowtree- Symbol is a white leafless tree

Knight Household Coppermoor- Symbol is a copper deer head

Though I only meant your PDF regiments could have inverted colors, imho your chapter scheme does look neat, too. I like both of them, so it's up to your preferences.

So every Household is an equivalent of a company? Or is it a certain organizational structure, consisting of several companies / elements?

Are those names and symbols fixed for every Household? Are they linked to your homeworlds population?

They are the equivalent of Militarum Tempestus Regiments, tied to the Knight Orders that ruled the planet before the GC brought the Imperial Truth. Now they are simply tied to traditions, training grounds, cities and land admininistered by Dukes and Barons. These traditions are abandoned when a aspirant joins the Astartes, giving themselves over to the unified traditions of the Angels and it's own cult.

lahmu-main_f38442ce.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C

The planet Creit, homeworld to the Storm Angels. The sparse population often lives hundreds of miles apart on farmsteads such as the one shown above, which supplies raw materials and foodstuffs to the Chapter. Very few large cities exist on Creit, taking the form of fortresses, vast spires and soaring buttresses built thousands of years ago for the Knight Houses who defended the population from Ork and Eldar attacks. The planet is almost constantly covered in rain, with the clearest days still being cool, misty days with rolling fog. 

As your Chapter shares a planet with several Knightly houses, I wonder if the Storm Angels operate their own Knight-like walkers? (Someone mated Stormtalon gunship fuselages to Imperial Knights arms and legs, and posted the results in "Works In Progress". Anyone remember who did so, and in which specific topic the pictures were posted in?)

I think it is cool that DoW3 has shown PDF and MT forces under a Knight Household. I think I want my planet to be on the Baal side of the warp storm that has split the galaxy in half, they seem like they could use some loyalist friends on that side. Six Imperial Knights, several regiments of Militarum Tempestus and 1250 marines with The Mournful Eye and the Sorrowful Storm along with the rest of the Imperial and Astartes fleet above Creit is a good buffer against the growing Ork, Tyranid, Necron and Chaos forces around us. Especially with the Bug and Fungus hunting experience of Nathaniel and Andross, with both of them earning the rank of Sergeant in the same campaign against the Nids. The only foe that have little experience against are the Tau and other Astartes, facing against Word Bearers alongside several other Successor Chapters in only a single campaign. Their part of the galaxy is infested with Ork clans, with the Storm Angels having prevented several massive Waaghs from reaching their breaking point. The 5th Company was wiped out in the defense of Exsion VI under the orders of High Inquisitor Landa Iro and her Soritas warband against the Genestealer Cult and eventual Tyranid infestation. It is said that the 5th Company Marshal, Daniel Liontruth and his honor guard were only felled in defense of the civilian evacuation when a massive force of Carnifex stormed the spaceport walls. Daniel was dragged by his Musketeer onto the last Stormbird with mortal wounds, and now serves as a Honoured Dreadnought of the 1st Company. He forged the Deathstorm Dreadnought force, using Storm Shields and close combat weapons alongside Terminator strike forces to clear Space Hulks and fight in tight quarters, using the Dreadnoughts size to corral the enemy into firing lanes for the Veterans to rip apart in the Emperor's holy name.

I might change my Gene-Seed stock, It will really depend on the rules and formations for 8th edition. While Deathwing fit the void warfare and Terminator/Dread heavy force of my Angels now, I can also see Archangels and BA chapter tactics fitting them really well, or even SWs. I will really need to wait, and it doesn't massively change my army anyway, since they deviate so much from DA anyway. 

I had an idea for my Company Champions, they all take on the name of the First Champions, which are Faux Latin names of Knights of the round table, with the Chapter champion being Sar Artorious. The PDF will also have a Champion, which I plan  to be a Inquisitor in power armor with a blade and pistol.  

Archived