New Map of the Galaxy

Urriak Urruk

Well looks like all tyranids are dead. Not a happy thought, as even tau made it on the map.

Oh, I'm sure they have their own map. Like the one before (and like when the Orks had one, too).

From https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/23/new-warhammer-40000-the-galaxy-map/

I think this is a new map (close if not). Also feel free to move somewhere out of news if this isn't news-y enough.

galaxy-shadowbox.jpg

I haven't finished looking over it all, but it is pretty cool. Very much Time of Ending kind of setting.

Nice to see that the Ghoul Stars are still too spooky for even Chaos to venture there.

From https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/23/new-warhammer-40000-the-galaxy-map/

I think this is a new map (close if not). Also feel free to move somewhere out of news if this isn't news-y enough.

galaxy-shadowbox.jpg

I haven't finished looking over it all, but it is pretty cool. Very much Time of Ending kind of setting.

Nice to see that the Ghoul Stars are still too spooky for even Chaos to venture there.

Looks like the same with the Halo Stars. Feel sorry for the Marines that are stationed at the two areas. Seems the party is all at the "south". tongue.png

galaxy-shadowbox.jpg

Looks like the same with the Halo Stars. Feel sorry for the Marines that are stationed at the two areas. Seems the party is all at the "south". tongue.png

There's nothing in the Halo Stars except Orks and more Orks.

It looks like they've used the same base map as the chapter galaxy map, so I've quickly overlaid them:

http://i.imgur.com/U9OlX3p.jpg

The deep purple being the 'new' warp rifts.

It's not helped by the inconsistent placement of chapter home worlds, but may help give a bit of context.

Always wanted them to elaborate more on the Ghoulstars, would have been better to start a new crusade to expand the Imperium than bring back Primarchs and have heresy 2.0. They could have introduced more xenos races, xenos races dedicated to chaos or other warp stuff. Like some crazy Dead Space / Hellraiser / Event Horizon lovechild of weirdness. :wub:

Ahh well, Ive just had ideas for my own Inquisimunda stuff now lol. Good times :tu:

The Rock has moved a lot.   It's in a completely different Segmentum! 

I guess this is a big retcon to get them closer to the action, closer to Prospero etc and more in the thick of things?

The Rock has moved a lot.   It's in a completely different Segmentum! 

I guess this is a big retcon to get them closer to the action, closer to Prospero etc and more in the thick of things?

The Rock moved to the Fenris System as part of an Imperial Crusade when the Wulfen showed up. Remember, it can move under its own power.

Yeah. Deliverance, Medusa, and Chogoris being missing is odd. Especially since Rynn's World is there.

Guess we know which Chapters GW doesn't care about. 3 First Founding chapters ignored while a Second Founding chapter's nearly destroyed planet is included.

Makes sense though. I don't recall anything the Iron Hands take center stage in, and the White Scars and Raven Guard only really got featured in a Tau-focused campaign book in which they got their butts kicked repeatedly.

Archived