Mithril's - Cadian "The 6-4/ Silver Eagles" ,PLOG .

MithrilForge

hey guys, testing out another scheme in my endless quest to find colours for my guard army, I think this one is pretty good and i'm pleased with what i have and how quickly it can be replicated(we know guard don't have a few good men,they have lots!! biggrin.png )I would like Some C&C please...

Front - Back -

med_gallery_9146_7882_898567.jpg med_gallery_9146_7882_389718.jpg

FYI - The head is from Anvil Industry, i plan on using these heads for the whole army.

cheers Mithril

Very nice.  The only thing I don't like is the orange of the goggles/visor - not enough contrast from the red of the beret.  I think black, silver or dark blue would look better.

Inquisitor Psychologis \ruminahui

. A splash of green on the tan armor- a camouflage pattern- will help coordinate the colors.

Troops.gif That Colour scheme is going to be reserved for the Scions tongue.png

@ Dr_Ruminahui - the orange is a tester,i'm still not sure either, blue could be the way to go ?...

thanks for the comments guys happy.png

Cheers, Mithril

These look suspiciously like the colours I wanted to redo my cadians and somewhat similar to your Raptors. ;)

I dig it even the orange visor.

The armour seems a bit shiny though? Maybe an agrax wash (or two) might help? Could also be the lighting...

Ps. Get back to the Ravenspire!

These look suspiciously like the colours I wanted to redo my cadians and somewhat similar to your Raptors. msn-wink.gif

i have used the base colours from my raptors on these guys,they are after all going to be allies fighting on the same planet.

I dig it even the orange visor.

i love the orange too but may need to see it on a couple more before i;m sold on it, black or blue or even dark green berets may change the contrast...

The armour seems a bit shiny though? Maybe an agrax wash (or two) might help? Could also be the lighting...

agrax has been liberally applied, i would guess the lighting is to blame real life doesn't show shiny guard sweat.gif

Ps. Get back to the Ravenspire!

i'll be back soon blush.png

Cheers , Mithril

I like the red berets - I would cahnge the visor colour rather than that of the beret.  That said, if you do go for a different coloured beret, I imagine the orange would look fine, provided there is a contrast between the colours of the 2.

Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui

I have to echo everyone else on the goggles color. IMO blue, silver, or black-ish would tie the red berets to the outfit a bit better. However, as others have mentioned, if you change the beret to a blue or black or grey, the orange shades will compliment it nicely.

Excellent work, how hard was it to fit the head to the cadian torso?

I had to shave off just a small amount on the bottom to fit it, it took about 3 passes till i thought it was right,by that i mean the back of the head sat practically flush with the rear collar msn-wink.gif i did it rather cautiously as i didn't want to use green stuff to fill in the neck...which could also be done as well if you did remove too much.

working on a couple more figures tonight so hopefully pics tomorrow, also i'm doing a blue visor too to compare happy.png as much as i love the orange i do want to see if the blue works as well.

thanks for the likes and the comments guys.

Cheers, Mithril

hey guys, thanks for the comments happy.png , i too am torn on the orange lenses unsure.png .

here is a quick tester i did last night for comparison ....

med_gallery_9146_7882_969168.jpg

Maybe i'll do Sarge's and Officers with the orange lenses and all the Grunts get blue lenses sweat.gif ....

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ now that i'm looking at it closely i can see i have not put Zandri dust above the lense top between the beret and the goggles frame on the Sarge's orange lense !!, that may explain the lack of definition between the cap and goggles...doh,

Dude why did you go and make it harder... the blue ...

Now try in green! msn-wink.gif haha

biggrin.png yeah very funny Duz! , tongue.png

I thought of doing whole units and/or platoons in one lense colour, the question is, will i be painting multiple platoons eek.gif with the new rules???....

perhaps i should stick with Blue - Grunts,Orange - Sarge's and Elite's(Scions) and Red - Officers/Command squads (the command elements will have Dark Green Berets cool.png) ...

Q- Do White shields/Conscript Squads still exist in the new "Astra Militarum" and do people take them Ever?... it's been a while since iv'e had a guard dex...

Cheers, Mithril

Conscripts exist, I dont remember reading the dex that they're referred to White Shields though.

Based on the fluff conscripts would be a great way to include / represent them. Although who knows maybe 8th ed there will be actual White Shields!

Aren't the Cadian Recruits with the white stripe Down the middle of their helmet called "White Shields"?... or am i going cray cray? blink.png i think they were from 5th Ed Imp Guard codex.

See how long its been since i have played Guard cry.gif ... time to fix that eh?.

Mithril

Archived