Mithril's - Cadian "The 6-4/ Silver Eagles" ,PLOG .

MithrilForge

Update-

Early WiP on the Hvy team is coming along,base layers done and the heads are done also, but iv'e noticed a slight difference in colour as these were painted straight over a white undercoat (my test models had darker colours on them already) something to remember in future sweat.gif

Also got my Sandbags in the mail yesterday so i'll be able to continue on with the base straight after the models are painted,which really helps me to actually finish it and not put it aside whilst waiting for something to finish on it !...

the sandbags are a wee bit bigger than the plastic one's in the box but i think they will still be an excellent replacement (i just wont use the plastic ones in conjunction with the juweela ones). hopefully more tomorrow...

med_gallery_9146_7882_713273.jpg med_gallery_9146_7882_414079.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Looking good, Mithril.

Were you going to post a pic of a trooper with his gun casing painted in Zandri dust?

What is your recipe for the armour anyway? Zandri dust base, washed with Agrax? Then what?

My thoughts exactly sounds like hes stalling ...

Im also curious how you go with the sandbags and I await pointers!

hey guys,

yep base coat of white(corax spray) then simply Zandri dust (hand painted here) then i accidentally washed with Reikland flesh instead...doh facepalm.png so i redid a wash of Agrax when it dried, recoat with zandri then i'm going to highlight with ushabti bone and hope that it's done thumbsup.gif

Not stalling...was on a roll with the hvy team so didn't round to the rifle,will be working on a gun casing tonight ! and i'm looking forwards to putting the sandbags down, i hope to give pointers and not highlight problems happy.png i searched youtube and watched a few tutorials so i don't feel there will be a problem.

Cheers, Mithril

I guess sometimes just a simple recipe is the best ... for some reason the colour looks deeper than "merely" one colour and a shade, but it looks good. In my view you definitely won't need anything more than a single highlight of Ushtabi Bone.

I guess sometimes just a simple recipe is the best ... for some reason the colour looks deeper than "merely" one colour and a shade, but it looks good. In my view you definitely won't need anything more than a single highlight of Ushtabi Bone.

I know , somewhere else someone said "your using more than one colour right?" ...Nope?... huh.png

it's just Zandri over white then washed well with Agrax, it's a slight pain cause you have to practically re-coat the whole thing again but leave enough wash showing, i do a couple of re-coats though as one will look streaky with the wash showing underneath...(biggrin.png it's a first world problem for sure)

i Look forward to seeing your praetorian's getting done Nicodemus Doloroso! , i'm posting your stuff in the morning after i drop my son at Kinder thumbsup.gif

Cheers, Mithril

Update time happy.png ,

Working on the Heavy Weapons nest, Autocannons finished and glued into position,just working out where the posts and barbed wire go and then it's texture paint and lastly sandbags !!

here's Wip so far -

med_gallery_9146_7882_995963.jpg

and worked on the zandri las gun too,it needs a final coat but looks good to go so far -

med_gallery_9146_7882_256846.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

The rifle looks ace! It was a good call, a green rifle would have made a green blob with sandy shoulders. The contrast now is appropriate. If you ever need cheap sandbags, making them by hand with Milliput works really nice as well. 

thanks for the likes and comments guys

Looks great and to think you weren't going to do a test model...

yeah yeah tongue.png ... like i said, i'm wrong a lot of the time,at least i listen to C&C sweat.gif ...

hope to have this weapon nest finished for Monday posting.

cheers Mithril

What were the like to place and position?

Im guessing you did the pva glue / water mix.

i used tweezers to put em down then i used a 95c paint brush from bunnings to dab on the mix and an old medium drybrush to press em down and shape em, they say to use a 75/25 mix of pva/water, i think i had a bit too much water in mine but ill see how it is when it dries,i'll just re-coat it in the pva/water mix again if needs be msn-wink.gif

Also the secret weapons guy said to use cyanoacrylate (super glue) on the very bottom ones if its a gaming piece so i did that as well.

They were a bit of a pain at first as they're dry and move about but after soaking them they're good to work with,it didn't help that i already had the barbed wire down and painted already sweat.gif (note for next time to sandbag first)

the bags are not super high but it looks like a weapon nest so that's ok for me, scale modelers might say it's offering no protection aggghhh eek.gif nerd rage, but this is just for looks

so all good really tongue.png

Cheers, Mithril

I really like the emplacement you've put together for the 'cannon.

The barbed wire is a freaking GREAT addition.

I'm not a huge fan of the sandbags but seeing them in use on your team is mitigating that somewhat.

Sandbag Base- WiP,

done some work on the bags and base,need to glue the guys down after working out exact placing and put texture around them and also finish all the bags to look like "Kyrati" rice or tea sacks tongue.png (if you ever played FarCry 4 you will understand,actually i modelled my emplacement after the ones in the game)

here's the pics -

med_gallery_9146_7882_391633.jpgmed_gallery_9146_7882_245744.jpg

*The sacks when finished will be weathered/dusted down a bit to not be so bright cool.png

med_gallery_9146_7882_434138.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

What logo is on the sandbags? That of the Regiment? That of the manufacturer, e.g., "Red Sun Fabrics, LLC"?

i can't read it tongue.png but my guess is the Kyrati tea plantation (from the Game Far Cry 4)

med_gallery_9146_7882_278661.jpg

Cheers Mithril

Archived