40K Galaxy Map and Grey Knights - Lots of Daemons here?

Prot

I posted this in the Chaos section too, but I think there's some good news here for Grey Knights!

So just in case you haven't seen it, here is the new galaxy map.

gallery_2760_12702_341339.jpg

There is some interesting, notable things.

First thing that pops out to me is the Cicatrix Maledictum making a giant gash of warp storms, essentially cutting off the outer imperium, but it looks like Tau, Sautekh Necrons, Macragge, are on the outside. The 'black' storms seem to host Badab, and Nocturne seems to border those storms.

Prospero and Planet of Sorcerers,sits outside but near the the Maelstrom which seems to connect with the heart of the Cicatrix. But very nearby is the Rock (insert Chaos joke here), Armageddon, Fenris, and Catachan.

Finally inward of that is Terra/Mars.

But one thing I found curious is the release of the video game, coinciding with a warpstorm called "Maledictum". There's a background there that had some Khorne Daemon bound in a stone or something... and the planet hosting it is destroyed... you can look it up. It's probably a red herring but the Daemon does end up loose after the Blood Ravens kind of mess up. Is this a coincidence?

What do you see here? I see a year of Chaos attacking Terra. lol

It looks ugly for the Imperium of course. Many of the resources mentioned above are cut off from Terra esentially, including Baal and many major IG planets. Of course Cadia as well is covered... and a planet I actually remember taking over from the very first online super campaign, Agripinaa. I remember taking that over as an Iron Warrior, and that happened with Deathguard if I recall correctly.

It's going to be a very interesting couple of months. Do you see anything interesting here?

For Grey Knights I can't imagine a lack of involvement now. I said a long time ago I felt the closer to terra Abe got, the more chance we'd see Grey Knights getting in the thick of it.

Now would be a great time for Voldus to get some sweet formations. msn-wink.gif

The way I see it the GW video pretty much admitted the focus for the next while is the war between Imperium and Chaos. And they admitted as well that they have neglected Chaos for too long and it needs to be a better 'villain'.

Now that the Cicatrix Maledictum is so close to terra, there has to be some serious Grey Knight involvement.

While 8th edition looks like a great, clean slate for the game, and the army, I'm looking forward to seeing what the campaign will bring for Grey Knights.

On a side note the idea of anyone charging going first... I think that might be it for Voldus? Perhaps he will be my LVL 3 Libby now?

The rest of the force is coming nicely. I've made some tweaks. If the map above shows one thing, it's that Grey Knights -should- have their hands full for the next year. :)

• 2 weeks later...
At least it looks like we won't be out of a job any time soon. Definitely looking forward to more 'presence' of the Grey Knights as we enter this new era.

Archived