Beautiful minis, and they have the looks of a proxy Deathwatch kill team.

Just a note, though...you have the "Badab Wars" tag, but the Red Hunters didn't really participate in that campaign. They did, however, make an appearance during the Siege of Vraks. ;)

Beautiful minis, and they have the looks of a proxy Deathwatch kill team.

Just a note, though...you have the "Badab Wars" tag, but the Red Hunters didn't really participate in that campaign. They did, however, make an appearance during the Siege of Vraks. msn-wink.gif

Fair enough--they are included in the rules for that campaign, mainly because they were sent to shadow the Mantis Warriors, Executioners and Lamenters due to their siding with the Astral Claws, so I think of them as involved in that saga. But true enough about Vraks!

Also, the Deathwatch kit coincidentally is the same as Red Hunter iconography--I couldn't not do it. msn-wink.gif

Edited to reflect their participation in the Siege of Vraks, and also The Red Hunt, since that is the proper name for their cursory involvement in the Badab madness.

Nice! thumbsup.gif

I was just considering how the Red Hunters might be stand-ins for Deathwatch Space Marines in my Shadow War: Armageddon kill team, and you've provided nifty inspiration. Now if only Games Workshop would give us rules for full Space Marines kill teams instead of the neophyte scouts...

Nice! :tu:

I was just considering how the Red Hunters might be stand-ins for Deathwatch Space Marines in my Shadow War:  Armageddon kill team, and you've provided nifty inspiration. Now if only Games Workshop would give us rules for full Space Marines kill teams instead of the neophyte scouts...

Do it! You could use one as a Deathwatch proxy for an Inquisition list too. I know I'm going to...

Crisp looking models! Where are the decals from?

Thanks! They are Forgeworld decals from the Badab Wars.  Out of print now, sadly. 

You know what crazy overpriced GW product that doesn't exist that I would buy?  A massive Index Astartes transfers book.

Thanks! They are Forgeworld decals from the Badab Wars.  Out of print now, sadly. 

You know what crazy overpriced GW product that doesn't exist that I would buy?  A massive Index Astartes transfers book.

I would pay much for that.  I recently found the out of print ultramarines transfer sheet for 25.00 at a local shop.  I really want a Minotaur transfer sheet.

I would pay much for that.  I recently found the out of print ultramarines transfer sheet for 25.00 at a local shop.  I really want a Minotaur transfer sheet.

Good thing we have RedHunters:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/file/151-red-hunters-decal-sheet/

And Multiple styles of Minotaurs in our Decals area:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/file/350-minotaurs-rt-era-decal-sheet/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/file/327-minotaurs-fw-style-decal-sheet/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/file/245-minotaurs-rt-era-logo-sheet-bols/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/file/113-white-minotaurs-decal-sheets/

Kurgan--

Those decals we host are an amazing resource, but for decals that are primarily a white field on a colored background, they are a tricky proposition, since most consumer grade printers don't have white ink.  In the case of this chapter badge, it would basically be a stencil to paint the skull within, which can look good but I don't have the patience.

I've searched high and low for a cost effective way to print white decals, and if anyone has any solutions please leave them below.

That is hard to find and is not cheap . I know a certain frater that has a cache of decals biggrin.png . Theduke08 how many do you needwhistlingW.gif ?

Are you talking full sheets or individual transfers? I would love either but just wanted to clarify.

Kurgan--

Those decals we host are an amazing resource, but for decals that are primarily a white field on a colored background, they are a tricky proposition, since most consumer grade printers don't have white ink.  In the case of this chapter badge, it would basically be a stencil to paint the skull within, which can look good but I don't have the patience.

I've searched high and low for a cost effective way to print white decals, and if anyone has any solutions please leave them below.

You can get white decal paper. It does take a lot more work of course in terms of trimming however. 

That said, don't want to derail the discussion of your Red Hunters. They look great!

Very nice - I've been planning on starting a new Imperial Fists force for 8th edition using the Deathwatch and Tactical boxes as well!

You thought about using the Artemis model as well? I managed to grab one for £8 on eBay

Very nice - I've been planning on starting a new Imperial Fists force for 8th edition using the Deathwatch and Tactical boxes as well!

You thought about using the Artemis model as well? I managed to grab one for £8 on eBay

Thanks!  Are you using the Deathwatch box for IF for the extra height?

I do have the Artemis model but hadn't assembled him yet.  Is his shoulder pad for the DW attached to the arm?  I guess I could just use another arm...

That's really not a bad idea, I'm going to go look at the sprue and see if anything occurs to me.

Yep, i much prefer the more upright pose you get with the Deathwatch legs - Plus it's MKVIII and 8th edition coming up has me wanting to start a new force using newer armour rather than the heresy era stuff.

As for Artemis, both shoulder pads are separate (thank god!)

Looking sharp, I really dig the new deathwatch kit, and you've done a great paintjob on them.

I didn't get around to making any 2 handed bolter poses with mine (only had 5!), but nice to see it looks good! 

Archived