JITEzBr.png

+++ Comm-Link ∙ Active +++ Carcinogenic Hazard Detected! ∙ Respiratory Filtration Required +++ Air Exchange Unit ∙ Initiating +++ Compiling ∙ Cant of the Sacred Prime Layer +++ Reciting ∙ I see a door of Red and I must paint it Black … +++

• 1 month later...

3JcvQqR.png

+++ Comm-Link ∙ Active +++ Data Exchange ∙ Compiling Data Stack 8∙M∙21 +++ Innovation Protocols ∙ Initializing +++

+++ Message ∙ Directing Motivational Encouragement Servitors to provide assistance with protocol implementation. +++

• 3 months later...
NIAZYuy.png

+++ Comm-Link ∙ Active +++ Navigation Telemetry ∙ Received +++ Scout Knight Formation ∙ Redirected +++ New 3D Fabrication Technology ∙ Investigating +++

Believe it or not, but these bits are low(ish) resolution test prints to check the tolerances of a new 3D printer and the fit of the bits I designed for the Armiger. Not bad for a first try, all round, if I do say so myself.

Nice work. What sort of 3d printer are you using? I got a 3d printer from a good friend and have been testing it with various applications. I am guessing you are using a resin printer? I have the filament extruding type and I'm excited to try making terrain with it. It looks like you can make pretty flawless prints with the machine you are using. :)

• 2 months later...

Very sorry that I overlooked your comment until now. Thanks, I'm very pleased with the results so far but I have to force myself not to start painting the damn things.

The parts in the above image were created with a new Elegoo Mars 2 Pro LCD resin printer. Other 3D printed components shown earlier in this thread were created with a Solus DLP resin printer. The DLP is hands-down superior but it also has a build area the size of a credit card while the Mars 2P has a build area the size of a post card. The latest batch of resin 3D printers have reached a point that for the price they can produce results that are close enough for many/most hobbyists and it's only going to get better. Many companies are now making comparable resin printers and I think anything from Elegoo, Phrozen, or Anycubic that has similar specs will produce similar results.

953zsUb.png

∙ I've been able to get this from my Mars 2P so I can't deny that amazing results are possible once you get the hang of it.

That's a pretty cool vehicle you've created. What's the idea behind it? I like the sort of Land Raider Micro look you get from it. It almost reminds me of the Centaur for the Death Korps only with marine design motifs.

Before the Sicaran existed many years ago I had an idea for a vehicle chassis in between the Rhino and the Land Raider. At first all I really knew was that I wanted it to be a bit longer in the front to give it a more aggressive profile, be in between the existing chassis, and blend the two together.

Over the years there was also a vehicle design sketch that floated around the internet dubbed the Clouseau Pattern Rhino that also provided some inspiration for the idea. Then FW released the Sicaran and the mix of inspiration all came together with a dash of Ad Mech ingenuity and created this, a STC pattern long thought lost but still in the possession of Atrum Laboris.

Today, I see a general purpose APC that can fit in on any number sci-fi tables, but when it comes to being paired with GW it's something for the Primaris collector who isn't as keen on the anti-grav take GW has gone with, or a true-scale counts-as Rhino for someone who wants something that actually looks like it could hold 10 Marines.