Primarch Warlord Traits

The Red Angel

Can someone please point out where it is stated that the Primarch rule of not rolling for a warlord trait overrides the master of the legion rule stating that they may roll twice.

I'm on the idea that the Primarch rule overrides the master of the legion rule.

is their an faq?

Cheers

Its in the special rules section, under Primarch.

Any model with the Primarch special rule is automatically the army’s Warlord and does not roll randomly for Warlord Traits (these will have been included in their own unique abilities). 

So unless your primarch has a warlord trait in his special rules (Like Fulgrim) then your Primarch doesnt get a warlord trait as his 'Sire of..' is basically it.

Any model with the Primarch special rule is automatically the army’s Warlord and does not roll randomly for Warlord Traits (these will have been included in their own unique abilities). 

So unless your primarch has a warlord trait in his special rules (Like Fulgrim) then your Primarch doesnt get a warlord trait as his 'Sire of..' is basically it.

However, it also states he has the master of the legion rule, which in turn allows them to roll on a warlord traits table twice?

My friends argument is unless he's given a trait, then master of the legion allows the primarch to roll twice on the warlord traits table.

However, it also states he has the master of the legion rule, which in turn allows them to roll on a warlord traits table twice?

My friends argument is unless he's given a trait, then master of the legion allows the primarch to roll twice on the warlord traits table.

Just no.

Primarchs don't get warlord traits, it doesn't need a FAQ, it doesn't need a discussion. The master of the legion rule lets you roll two dice for your warlord trait roll and pick the one you like. But primarchs don't get to roll on it. 

Primarchs don't, i repeat, DON'T.... get a warlord trait.

Just no.

Primarchs don't get warlord traits, it doesn't need a FAQ, it doesn't need a discussion. The master of the legion rule lets you roll two dice for your warlord trait roll and pick the one you like. But primarchs don't get to roll on it. 

Primarchs don't, i repeat, DON'T.... get a warlord trait.

I agree, to me it seems quite clear what the author is trying to convey, however it helps to have a solid base saying the primarch rule overrules the master of the legion rule. 

I don't have the betrayal book to hand, but on page 186 or 189 of the book, does it clarify this further?

a direct quote from the primarch rules: "Any models with the Primarch special rule is automatically the army's Warlord, and does not roll randomly for Warlord Traits (these will have been included in their own unique abilities).

A primarch having Master of the Legion entiles him to have a command squad.

As said previously it is clearly stated under the rules for 'primarch' (where all the basic rules for them are grouped) They do not have warlord traits unless the individual primarch has rules to the contary (Ie: fulgrim)

Archived