100th BL author interview...what would you like to hear?

veterannoob

This summer will see my 100th interview with a BL author on Combat Phase podcast. What to do...?

Just humor me, what would you like to see? I'm considering another megasode of BL authors but with new 40K but that would be odd timing starting before or mid-release. So I'm open to serious suggestions. :)

Will we see more successor chapters, which had limited or no spotlight until now? For Example:

Black Consuls, Doom Eagles, Mortifactors, Raptors, Minotaurs, Howling Griffons, Red Scorpions, Celestial Lions and so on

There are so many interesting chapters. And as the Carcharodons did show us, they do have the potential to generate some profit as well.

Does the team (authors & GW / BL in general) have the intention of releasing other important events, which occured in between 30K and 40K? If so, do they already have certain plans for it?

Though Laurie already told us something about this, I'm curious if there has been some changes since his departure. :)

I know you have done him before, so to speak. But I find Guy Haley a great listen. He has a very honest opinion of himself, Black Library and Games Workshop generally. Comes across as a nice chap too down to earth and his books aren't too shabby either.

Apart from him, some more Chris Wraight would be great!

I know you have done him before, so to speak. But I find Guy Haley a great listen. He has a very honest opinion of himself, Black Library and Games Workshop generally. Comes across as a nice chap too down to earth and his books aren't too shabby either.

Apart from him, some more Chris Wraight would be great!

Chris will be on for Carrion Throne once I read that. Guy was the first BL author on (Skarsnik!) and so he has to be on the 100th interview event at some point.yes.gif

Pretty sure Dan will join me for this. He was one of the first BL authors we had one back in ep 50 reading Riders of the Dead smile.png

As I mentioned in another thread - reading NEW stuff please.

Plus ask for Gordon Rennie as R_F_D

said.

He was one of the best in BL cradle, even then he wrote so few books. But his Gothic War duology is still the best depiction of void warfare in HH/W40K setting to date.

Gordon Rennie would be cool indeed. Zavant was brilliant! Haven't thought of him in years seems to have disappeared off to comic land.

Have you had Matt Farrer on? If you can get him on push him on more detective stories.

What about Henry Zou...... LOL. Kind of joking but I did live this fellas books. If your able to track him down would be interesting to hear from him...

Gordon Rennie would be cool indeed. Zavant was brilliant! Haven't thought of him in years seems to have disappeared off to comic land.

Have you had Matt Farrer on? If you can get him on push him on more detective stories.

What about Henry Zou...... LOL. Kind of joking but I did live this fellas books. If your able to track him down would be interesting to hear from him...

veterannoob

I did figured it out - it's exactly as Punishing Pete suggested.

You need to take Abnett and Farrer both - after all they are doing simultenious books 'Warmaster' and 'Urdesh' in the same time, setting and with connecting characters. How awesome it would be for them both to describe how is it to write two different but at the same time connecting books being different authors on the different continents. Plus they both could read us some chapters from incoming Warmaster and Urdesh (even if drafts)

Archived