Raptors 5th Company Task Force 'Jericho'

Firenze

Your Raptors are glorious, I think it's helped me choose what 40K Chapter I want to create a smallish force for (alongside my Orphans of Kasr Yet To Be Decided when I get my hobby mojo back).

I wanted one known for ambushes and Scouts but not RG themselves.

I feel kinda super honoured that my guys made you want to start Raptors ^^ Have fun making them, and remember, camouflage is a thing XD

Really nice Issodon, that. I like the nonchalant pose and the weathering is great. More of this, please.

Thank you man, Im supper happy with how he came out. I hope I can get the rest of the army as cool still, especially when it comes to adding the emblems. I think tank numbers and such will be transfers at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, final few days before we head to the GT. FINALLY everyone who will be used in the games is painted, including the two new tactical squads. I've also been trying some more freehand logos, which while not as good as the one of Issadon, I think arent too bad considering my brush decided to cry half way and start wanting to split. I also found my old vehicle transfers to give my machines a bit more personality too!

gallery_29230_13074_176550.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_646653.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_670968.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_352319.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_204649.jpg

All will come to fear the Raptor!

gallery_29230_13074_80177.jpg

Initial and basic list I have planned:

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Space Marines: Codex (2015) v2011) ++

Edited by Firenze

I chose the redeemer for the two flamestorm cannons to eat space marines and equivalents, same with my siege dread. It is also good for handling eldar jetbikes too. A redeemer also can be pretty fast as you don't exactly have to sit still shooting a lot. Also it fits my army theme of more solid round weapons over energy weapons XD

• 2 months later...

20507202_1849096601772571_83846669781585

Got a little bored today, not a super normal update but should have some work coming soon. I have a new pred to make and a rhino to do as well as a crap ton of painting, and a game with some DE on thursday, will try and get pics :P

gallery_29230_13074_913770.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_510301.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_1381006.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_659452.jpggallery_29230_13074_1038770.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_1456332.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_351291.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_1067988.jpg

So a game vs a Dark Eldar Talos and Raider spam game for our club league, it was still using 7th as we are finishing the series off, but oh wow it was impressive. Won by the skin of my teeth. Will definitely say Heavy Bolters are so underrated.

How were the Dev Cents in the game?

Against the Talos, surprisingly ineffective, they had a 4+ FNP too so they just ate my fire. I also lost a decent amount through splinter cannon fire. Hopefully, my last 7th ed game outside of Heresy will be in a few weeks, vs some Harlequins ;3;

gallery_29230_13074_221589.jpg

Work is resuming on a New Lieutenant, Apothecary, Predator and Rhino to add into the mix.

Oh and Lias Issadon's 'personal bodyguard' stealth team ;)

This is gonna sound weird but that model with the Centurions, even from behind you can tell how dynamic the pose and the cloak is, it just looks awesome.

Thanks! Its my Lias Issadon conversion using the Ultramarines heresy banner bearer model they did for a limited run a while back. It had been sitting about doing absolutely nothing for ages so I thought I best make some use of it. It turned out to be one of my favourite models I have ever made.

gallery_29230_13074_149299.jpg

But yeah, here is Lias' personal command team/bodyguards. Going to run these most of the time as a Sternguard unit in close proximity to Lias for those tasty re-rolls and some lovely 7" moves. Hopefully both he and the squad can be used to just dakka the hell out of enemy units.

gallery_29230_13074_50425.jpg

gallery_29230_13074_68190.jpggallery_29230_13074_326355.jpggallery_29230_13074_316624.jpggallery_29230_13074_393362.jpg

And my first non-Razorback dedicated transport is finished, along with my third and final predator. My Rhino is primarily built to be a supply and cargo mule, along with the carrying of troops to the front lines. I have placed lines of razorwire and sandbags to create a almost 'firebase' style parapet for the top of the vehicle, for when infantry need to use it as a sniper base.etc.

The Predator is basically a final piece of my battle tank puzzle. A squadron of three predators, with two primarily used for AT fire, with the third (and lead) used for mixed role combat with a Autocannon.

And then we come to Issadon and his command team. Basically his own personal honour guard. Used as sternguard, maybe as others if I ever decide to.

Looking through the new codex, I think soon an assualt squad or two will be a good idea to bring into my army soon, along with maybe a Jump chaplain.... And a couple of Lieutenants. I dont really have much in the way of Company command for the 5th, and I dont really have a model made for Captain Maodes Karib yet so I think that will be my next job...

Also maybe a vox guy as an ancient XD

Most of your models look great, but why do the Rhino and the Predator have barbed wire coiled on their hulls? As no competent commander will deploy tanks without infantry support (that's just begging for an infiltrator to cover the tanks with sticky bombs, and blow them all to pieces), the barbed wire is more likely to injure his own men and allies, instead of the enemy.

Most of your models look great, but why do the Rhino and the Predator have barbed wire coiled on their hulls? As no competent commander will deploy tanks without infantry support (that's just begging for an infiltrator to cover the tanks with sticky bombs, and blow them all to pieces), the barbed wire is more likely to injure his own men and allies, instead of the enemy.

Couple of reasons, one, I think it looks badass for a cityfighing unit, two, I would assume the raptors would use it to use as mounting points for any foiliage they put to hide the tanks, and three because hopefully it deters johnny heretic from running onto the tank a bit more, although the infantry would probably gun him down.

And on the sponson thing, yeah I love doing it. I absolutely hate the regular predator sponsons, and even the land raider ones too a bit tbh. Its why I like the mk2b raider, reminds me of the ww1 land ships. I just made the pred ones into auto turrets and co-ax weapons.

Edited by Firenze

And on the sponson thing, yeah I love doing it. I absolutely hate the regular predator sponsons, and even the land raider ones too a bit tbh. Its why I like the mk2b raider, reminds me of the ww1 land ships. I just made the pred ones into auto turrets and co-ax weapons.

I understand. Games Workshop's insistence on giving Marine vehicles UNARMORED sponsons is just stupid, considering something as simple as a rock on the road can render those weapons UTTERLY USELESS by snagging on the lascannons' exposed power cables or the heavy bolters' exposed ammo belts.