8th edition has me excited about the GK!

Ishagu

I honestly thought hammers and fists would do d6 damage.

So if a power fist does D3 damage,but a basic nemesis weapon also does D3. What do you think a nemesis hammer will do? You think that would then be d6? Or sole other rule or ap-?

I think it makes sense for the powerfist to d3 damage, this would allow thunderhammers to fall in line and also do d3 damage (plus, inflict the -1 to hit on the opponent imo). This gives our Nemesis Hammer room to be thunderhammers + force making them do d6 damage.

So far, Force is equivalent to an auto-activated Hammerhand in SW:A, so from that I'd expect d6 damage from the Daemonhammer.

Yes, but all Force Weapons we've seen do D3 damage, not just Grey Knights so it's not just a straight port from SW:A. Hopefully Hammerhand will still exist and will still give a strength bonus or turn the wounds into mortal wounds?

It's somewhat ironic. The Grey Knights, with their universal ability to dish out multiple wounds via Force weapons, might turn out to be the army best equipped to deal with the two-wound Primaris marines. And we haven't even seen our psychic powers yet...

Mortal wounds will probably be a bit much. Ignoring allll saves is super powerful.

Probably just be the usual strength bonus.

Agreed. Although if we do mortal wounds to Chaos Demons - possibly on a 6 to wound - that would be pretty fluffy and appropriate.

We've seen our new powers, in Shadow Force.

SJ

SJ, what's Shadow Force? I must be missing something.

Shadow War: Armageddon?

So since we got a good idea of how our infantry nemesis force weapons work, what would you guys prefer from our favoured Nemesis Greatsword, and the Dreadknight's Nemesis Daemonhammer?

Looking at the Imperial Knights thread, and seeing players rejoicing/planning at bringing in about 3 of those LOWs in say about a 2k point game, how well do you think should our DKs do against them in combat? Imperial Knight: T8 W24 3+/5++ should be manageable right?

EDIT: The IK wouldn't get the invul. save in CC. So as I have been thinking possibly stats could be:

Nemesis Daemonhammer: S:x2 AP:-3 D:D6 (Inflicts -1 To Hit on emery model for the remainder of combat.)

Nemesis Greatsword: S:x2 AP:-3 D:D6 (Re-roll 1 failed To Hit roll.)

Well as it stands, all we know is that the IK does a flat 6 damage with a chainsaw that hits on a 3+. So 1 hit going through will outright kill a dreadknight.

It depends how many wounds the DK will get in the update. But I imagine it won't come close. Because at the most a dreadknight will have 12 wounds (probably only 9 though) and all we know are that force weapons do D3 damage. And with 24 wounds to chew through there is no way we'd win lol.

Unless of corse gw give the DK lots of wounds and also better damage output?

We don't even know if current Mc will ignore the new unwieldy rule. And since they're balancing everything I doubt the sword will be x2 strength anymore

The new Transport reveal was posted today. Those changes already will go a long way toward making Strikes and Purifiers more useful again. I suppose I need to go ahead and get my Rhino and 2 Razorbacks painted up; looks like they'll finally get to join the party.

I can fit two separate units in the Rhino, so that means starting with 7 units on the board just from the transports and their squads. That leaves me another 7 units that I can then Teleport in during the first turn, too, which gives me something to do with two Terminator squads, a Paladin squad, two Characters, and two Dreadknights. That's already sounding pretty sweet to me.

V

Rhino rules with wounds help out so much. I think this edition is going to have people pulling out all sorts of stuff they never used. Lol

Strikes, purgation squads, and I absolutely loved Purifiers. Now they have real options.

You know I wouldn't be surprised if the mighty NDK becomes slightly less popular just because real options are on the table now.

I keep thinking about Voldus. He has such amazing potential in 8th.

After some re-accessing with possibly 8th ed. stats for some of our iconic Grey Knight units, I decided to put my thoughts down in 8th edition profile form (and for fun):

http://i.imgur.com/2h88IBK.png

I included two profile variants for our Dreadknights, one with less than 10 wounds and another with higher wounds but with stat-degradation as well. Still not sure which one would be preferable for our once superstar unit.

Rhino rules with wounds help out so much. I think this edition is going to have people pulling out all sorts of stuff they never used. Lol

Strikes, purgation squads, and I absolutely loved Purifiers. Now they have real options.

You know I wouldn't be surprised if the mighty NDK becomes slightly less popular just because real options are on the table now.

I keep thinking about Voldus. He has such amazing potential in 8th.

Right there with you on Voldus, Prot. How he affects units around him is by and far what I am most curious about aside from NDK's and Paladins in 8th for us. I really am hoping they do his datasheet serious justice this time around.

Yea, I think they have to. He was seriously under developed in GSIII and well overcosted. When you take his background and the fact Draigo approved of him it kind of goes without saying he should be fearful on the battlefield. Plus we know that the Hammers all swing at initiative now. So you can't over charge for that 'feature' now.

Assuming a -1 to hit for Daemonhammers, in line with Power Fists, I'd anticipate him ignoring that penalty.

If that's all he would get, it'd be a bigger travesty than that paladin formation from GSIII...

After some re-accessing with possibly 8th ed. stats for some of our iconic Grey Knight units, I decided to put my thoughts down in 8th edition profile form (and for fun):

http://i.imgur.com/xYl4AaC.png

Included two variant profiles for our Dreadknights, one with less than 10 wounds and another with higher wounds but with stat-degradation as well. Still not sure which one would be preferable for our once superstar unit.

I like what you've done here. I really wonder what their cutoff will be for determining who gets the 2+ WS and who gets the 3+. Seems odd for Voldus to hit the same as regular Marines, but then again, would he be on the same level as a Swarmlord or a Primarch. Of course, we don't know Guilliman's actual special rules, so he might actually have 2+ with reroll(s). Definitely looking forward to finding out soon, though.

I like what you've done here. I really wonder what they're cutoff will be for determining who gets the 2+ WS and who gets the 3+. Seems odd for Voldus to hit the same as regular Marines, but then again, would he be on the same level as a Swarmlord or a Primarch. Of course, we don't know Guilliman's actual special rules, so he might actually have 2+ with reroll(s). Definitely looking forward to finding out soon, though.

True, as far as we know there is only a difference of 1 WS between a standard Space Marine and the most legendary CC monsters in the galaxy.

While a Grandmaster would have proven CC skills over your standard SM troop, conservatively I decided to reserve WS:2+ for warriors with legendary CC feats. Kaldor Draigo having been stated in lore at one point to be the most accomplished swordsman of all the Grey Knights, and holding his own (even if just barely) against Daemon Primarch Mortarion was enough for me to place him in that upper echelon of WS.  

Hmm, thinking about the model of Daemon Primarch Mortarion coming out, and GW creating his and Draigo's rules from scratch, I hope it's possible to replicate a similar style duel between the two on the table in 8th. Admittedly I'm bias, but it would be glorious to charge Draigo into Daemon Primarchs for an epic showdown!

However, Castellan Crowe's WS was two higher than Draigo's in the current dex, so I think making him WS 2+, rerolling misses would be about right.

It looks like existing Astartes can be upgraded to Primaris, which could account for Ancient status Primaris. The thing that I'm waiting for are Primaris Dreadnoughts, which should be Centurion/DreadKnight suits rather than actual Dreadnoughts. But who knows, GW might mess that up.

SJ

Archived