8th edition has me excited about the GK!

Ishagu

I wish I knew the land raider rules. My triple grey knight land raider list might become viable!

Yea I can't wait to see what land raiders can do... sadly I sold my Godhammer and Crusader patterns because they were almost pointless to take...

Oh well, it seems with 8th I'll be buying a bunch of new kits to put together =D

Good thing FW is also making their models 8th ed. compatible as their custom GK landraider is now even more tempting...since with the new Twin-Linked being double the shots and their landraider packing TL Psycannons! 

Im also happy with my Xiphon Interceptor...capable of now pumping out 4 x D6 AP-3 lascannon shots a turn.

Could 8th actually do it? Could it actually be??? A GK army with options aside from Librarians, Terminators and Dreadknights?!?!

*excited scream*

=P

Yeah if like to know if power armour will be worth it this edition. Terminators having 2 wounds is great, but if it turns out loads of spamable weapons have the d3/6 damage, then the extra wound will mean nothing really. And will work out more cost efficient with power armoured numbers.

Forgive me if the info is there, but i've looked about 4 pages back and didn't see anything. Do we have any idea how the new Primaris marines will integrate with GK's or will they need to be separate entities?

Forgive me if the info is there, but i've looked about 4 pages back and didn't see anything. Do we have any idea how the new Primaris marines will integrate with GK's or will they need to be separate entities?

Here's the link to the other thread in this forum with the discussion on the Primaris Marines and the Grey Knights:  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333741-primaris-marines-and-the-grey-knights/

The gist of the discussion, however, is that they won't really integrate with our Chapter.  You'll likely be able to buy them and put them in the same Detachment via the Adeptus Astartes keyword, but it won't have the advantages of going pure 'Grey Knights.'

The way objectives are captured has me worried.

It's number of models within 3"

It's not like we have a lot in our armies!

Ishagu,

How many figs can you realistically fit within 3" of an objective?

If you sit an NDK right on the objective, I really don't think the 10 Orks surrounding him are going to have much of a say in who owns that objective. ;)

We don't typically have a lot of models compared to many other armies, but if we can get to the objective, we'll generally not have too much of an issue taking control of it, given storm bolters at a minimum on every model (which we haven't even seen the updated profile for) combined with Nemesis for weapons all around.

I've got a suspicion that the Apothecary and the Standard Bearer models might be moved out from the Paladin Squad to be made Characters.  

The Apothecary would give a radius FNP-type buff, while the Standard Bearer would give a radius Morale buff.

I've got a suspicion that the Apothecary and the Standard Bearer models might be moved out from the Paladin Squad to be made Characters.

The Apothecary would give a radius FNP-type buff, while the Standard Bearer would give a radius Morale buff.

That would be an interesting dynamic in gameplay with the new IC rules. Although if that were the case it would seem like a Paladin Apothecary would be almost an Auto-include for a FnP radius bonus like that.

Although if that were the case it would seem like a Paladin Apothecary would be almost an Auto-include for a FnP radius bonus like that.

Well, that's the thing.  I think when we finally see all of the dataslates and special rules, we're going to think everything is auto-include, and we're going to have a dilemma on what we actually need, and what we can afford to include based on points cost.  

Lot's of changes over in the GW web store over the night.  

• Khaldor Draigo has been moved from LoW to HQ section.
  •  
  • The Brotherhood Champion is completely gone (that old metal 3rd edition squad Justicar model)
  •  
  • All of the generic stuff that isn't Grey Knights only is gone (i.e. the Librarian, Dreadnought, and the rest of the vehicles).

<p>

Lot's of changes over in the GW web store over the night.

• Khaldor Draigo has been moved from LoW to HQ section.
  • The Brotherhood Champion is completely gone (that old metal 3rd edition squad Justicar model)
  • All of the generic stuff that isn't Grey Knights only is gone (i.e. the Librarian, Dreadnought, and the rest of the vehicles).

As epic as Draigo is, I've always felt he was more of an HQ than a LoW when compared with Wraithknights, Imperial Knights and the such... but that's just me I guess.

But Marneus Calgar is still in the LOW section (as is Ghazghull). Wonder if it's just not been updated or if they have left them there intentionally.

I think it is an oversight for Calgar.  Every single other Chapter Master has been moved (Azrael, Seth, Dante, Grimnar).

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/26/new-warhammer-40000-primaris-space-marinesgw-homepage-post-4/

Maybe this is just speculation based on hope for us, but I noticed the Captain in Gravís Armour has a wrist mounted weapon which is considered a pistol... what are the chacnes Grey Knights get to shoot in CC with their wrist mounted weapons?

Yeah, several items of potential there for us.  3 shot Storm Bolters would be great.  I don't think they'll be treated as Pistols, however, but I'd take the extra range of the Pistol ability any day.  If we make it to a combat with our Nemesis weapons, not too many enemy units will live long enough for us to need to worry about Shooting them in our next turn.

Rites of Battle is a terrific type of ability for our Brother-Captains.

Hopefully a few units still get access to Master-crafted, to get the extra Damage, on top of what we know Force is already going to give us.

One of the biggest is seeing the WS 2+ and BS 2+ on that Captain.  It means at least some of our Characters will be hitting better than our standard Troopers.  Not sure where the cutoff line will be, so it'll be interesting to see where Paladins fall out.

Looking good so far with what we can extrapolate.

Archived