8th edition has me excited about the GK!

Ishagu

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13179/gallery_23369_13179_447.jpg

Near the top it has the stats for the storm bolter. Tis now rapid fire 2

So this means 2 shots at full range and 4 shots at 12" yes?

Edit, just noticed it's a repost (>.<)

But I also. Concerned with the psychic focus. I'm not sure of I'd prefer the standard smite, or it be replaced with hammerhand. I'm sure it said every psyker knows smite unless stated otherwise, and we could have hammerhand as that otherwise.

I'm surprised the dreadknights toughness remained the same too, thought they'd bump it up by 1. But if they do remove the PT, I'll he sad, but knowing I could just DS it and charge anyway isn't so bad.

If every option is going to be playable Dreadnoughts and Dreadknights need to be differentiable.

Dreadknight
M8" S6 T6 W12
Heavy Psycannon 24" S7 -1 2 damage
Psylencer Heavy 6 S4 1d3 damage.

It has more than 10 wounds, so it's going to have attribute reductions.

Dreadnought
M6" S6 T7 W8

We know Dreadnoughs are going to be priced 70 (base) + 40 (Melee weapon?) + 27 (Multimelta) = 137,  (97 if the melee weapon is free)

I see the Dreadknight being about the same point range and shooting at 2+ and getting its movement and shooting attributes to make it more close combat oriented.

I see the Dreadnought as a more configurable shooting unit.

The Chaos DPs with 16 odd wounds doesn't have any degradation chart, I don't think that the NDK will necessarily have one.

Hmmm.  No move and run with Storm Bolters.  But double the shots at half range.

At least with the new FoC we can run 1HQ and three (to 6?) NDK as a detachment. ;)

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13179/gallery_23369_13179_447.jpg

I noticed at the bottom of the image a "wrist mounted" grenade launcher that's assault D3 or w/e... leads me to believe we could have a "wrist mounted" stormbolter variant allowing us the rapid fire along with the ability to charge maybe?

Rapid fire 2 means 2 shots at 24" and 4 at 12", which is more than their current profile.

The question is whether or not you can assault after firing rapid fire.

From what I've seen so far there doesn't appear to be the restriction on charging after shooting any more?
In which case I'm all for Rapid Fire 2! 

If that's not the case then Assault 2 would be my preferred option.

You can charge after shooting Rapid Fire wepaons.

You cannot Advance (run) though.

Assault Weapons allow you to move + Advance, shoot and charge.

Can it? Just checked the rules leak and Advance = No shooting/charging, Assault Weapon allows you to shoot after advancing with -1 to hit, doesn't say you can then assault.

Just seen that Thunder Hammers do 3 damage. Does this mean our Daemon Hammers will do D3 + 3?

Probably so.

Sorry I concetrated on different armies when I was looking through the books. But Paladins are W3 now. 

Thanks much for that.  Figured they'd have 3 Wounds, but the confirmation is greatly appreciated.  If you get another look, please come back and hook us up!

I noticed at the bottom of the image a "wrist mounted" grenade launcher that's assault D3 or w/e... leads me to believe we could have a "wrist mounted" stormbolter variant allowing us the rapid fire along with the ability to charge maybe?

We can rapid fire and charge anyway in 8e; shooting weapons no longer restrict your ability to charge, so even heavy weapons don't prevent it in 8e.

You can charge after shooting Rapid Fire wepaons.

You cannot Advance (run) though.

Assault Weapons allow you to move + Advance, shoot and charge.

You can move, advance, and shoot with Assault weapons (at -1), but they don't also let you charge.  Advancing prevents a charge, outside of specific unit rules.

Maybe then wrist mounted storm bolters will allow us to advance, rapid fire shoot and charge?

Don't think they're going to do anything special.

Looking at the leaks for the other psychic disciplines, it seems like 3 psychic powers per discipline is the standard.

So does that mean GKs will most likely have Smite + 3 GK specific psychic powers to chose from? Or will special characters like Draigo, Voldus, Stern etc. have unique psychic powers just for themselves?

I'm not sure how it is in AoS but is there a list of general psychic disciplines that are available for all / most factions to cast from on top of their 3 specific powers?

Looking at the leaks for the other psychic disciplines, it seems like 3 psychic powers per discipline is the standard.

So does that mean GKs will most likely have Smite + 3 GK specific psychic powers to chose from?

Yes

Or will special characters like Draigo, Voldus, Stern etc. have unique psychic powers just for themselves?

Yes, that is possible, too.

I'm not sure how it is in AoS but is there a list of general psychic disciplines that are available for all / most factions to cast from on top of their 3 specific powers?

Not that I'm aware of, but I've not played AoS; only did research on it to learn about what to expect from 8e a month or so ago.

Thanks for posting that! Didn't know it existed. Val a lot of your predictions are true. Lol. Good calls! The apothecary/banner seperate characters now seem like it could be something interesting..

Archived