Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

8th edition has me excited about the GK!

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,636 posts
  • Chapter Name: Grey Knights
http://image.boltera...9_13179_447.jpg

Near the top it has the stats for the storm bolter. Tis now rapid fire 2
So this means 2 shots at full range and 4 shots at 12" yes?

Edit, just noticed it's a repost (>.<)

But I also. Concerned with the psychic focus. I'm not sure of I'd prefer the standard smite, or it be replaced with hammerhand. I'm sure it said every psyker knows smite unless stated otherwise, and we could have hammerhand as that otherwise.

I'm surprised the dreadknights toughness remained the same too, thought they'd bump it up by 1. But if they do remove the PT, I'll he sad, but knowing I could just DS it and charge anyway isn't so bad.

Edited by Captain Coolpants, 30 May 2017 - 05:52 AM.

Holier Than Thou

Holier Than Thou

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts

Just seen that Thunder Hammers do 3 damage. Does this mean our Daemon Hammers will do D3 + 3?

LuisMars

LuisMars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Chapter Name: Exorcists

If every option is going to be playable Dreadnoughts and Dreadknights need to be differentiable.

Dreadknight
M8" S6 T6 W12
Heavy Psycannon 24" S7 -1 2 damage
Psylencer Heavy 6 S4 1d3 damage.

It has more than 10 wounds, so it's going to have attribute reductions.

Dreadnought
M6" S6 T7 W8

We know Dreadnoughs are going to be priced 70 (base) + 40 (Melee weapon?) + 27 (Multimelta) = 137,  (97 if the melee weapon is free)

I see the Dreadknight being about the same point range and shooting at 2+ and getting its movement and shooting attributes to make it more close combat oriented.

I see the Dreadnought as a more configurable shooting unit.

ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 607 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels

Sorry I concetrated on different armies when I was looking through the books. But Paladins are W3 now. 

.: who I am | what I see |what I do (WIP) | what the ...? :.

I have become death, destroyer of foes.
- Incantation of the Deathbringer

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,050 posts

The Chaos DPs with 16 odd wounds doesn't have any degradation chart, I don't think that the NDK will necessarily have one.

Hmmm.  No move and run with Storm Bolters.  But double the shots at half range.

At least with the new FoC we can run 1HQ and three (to 6?) NDK as a detachment. ;)

QUOTE (Seahawk @ Jul 30 2011, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

Myunch

Myunch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
  • Chapter Name: Adeptus Astartes: Grey Knights

I noticed at the bottom of the image a "wrist mounted" grenade launcher that's assault D3 or w/e... leads me to believe we could have a "wrist mounted" stormbolter variant allowing us the rapid fire along with the ability to charge maybe?

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,050 posts

Not sure if I prefer Storm Bolters to be Assault 2, or Rapid Fire 2. :/

We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,063 posts

Rapid fire 2 means 2 shots at 24" and 4 at 12", which is more than their current profile.

The question is whether or not you can assault after firing rapid fire.

From what I've seen so far there doesn't appear to be the restriction on charging after shooting any more?
In which case I'm all for Rapid Fire 2! 

If that's not the case then Assault 2 would be my preferred option.

Myunch

Myunch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
My hope would be Assault 2 with double shots at half range =D

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,050 posts

You can charge after shooting Rapid Fire wepaons.

You cannot Advance (run) though.

Assault Weapons allow you to move + Advance, shoot and charge.

Myunch

Myunch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
Ah, that does change things... mobility seems like it will be a challenge for our Terminators once they hit the ground.

Zamtro

Zamtro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
  • Chapter Name: Aegis Warriors/Emperors Spears

Can it? Just checked the rules leak and Advance = No shooting/charging, Assault Weapon allows you to shoot after advancing with -1 to hit, doesn't say you can then assault.

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,050 posts
Ah that looks right!

In that case advancing kinda sucks, and I'd go for rapid fire over assault any day!

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,203 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves and Grey Knights

Just seen that Thunder Hammers do 3 damage. Does this mean our Daemon Hammers will do D3 + 3?

Probably so.

Sorry I concetrated on different armies when I was looking through the books. But Paladins are W3 now. 

Thanks much for that.  Figured they'd have 3 Wounds, but the confirmation is greatly appreciated.  If you get another look, please come back and hook us up!

I noticed at the bottom of the image a "wrist mounted" grenade launcher that's assault D3 or w/e... leads me to believe we could have a "wrist mounted" stormbolter variant allowing us the rapid fire along with the ability to charge maybe?

We can rapid fire and charge anyway in 8e; shooting weapons no longer restrict your ability to charge, so even heavy weapons don't prevent it in 8e.

You can move, advance, and shoot with Assault weapons (at -1), but they don't also let you charge.  Advancing prevents a charge, outside of specific unit rules.

Myunch

Myunch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
Maybe then wrist mounted storm bolters will allow us to advance, rapid fire shoot and charge?

Edited by Myunch, 30 May 2017 - 07:04 PM.

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,203 posts

Maybe then wrist mounted storm bolters will allow us to advance, rapid fire shoot and charge?

Don't think they're going to do anything special.

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,050 posts

You can move, advance, and shoot with Assault weapons (at -1), but they don't also let you charge.  Advancing prevents a charge, outside of specific unit rules.

Tad too late mate. ;)

Waking Dreamer

Waking Dreamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 322 posts
Looking at the leaks for the other psychic disciplines, it seems like 3 psychic powers per discipline is the standard.

So does that mean GKs will most likely have Smite + 3 GK specific psychic powers to chose from? Or will special characters like Draigo, Voldus, Stern etc. have unique psychic powers just for themselves?

I'm not sure how it is in AoS but is there a list of general psychic disciplines that are available for all / most factions to cast from on top of their 3 specific powers?

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,203 posts

Looking at the leaks for the other psychic disciplines, it seems like 3 psychic powers per discipline is the standard.

So does that mean GKs will most likely have Smite + 3 GK specific psychic powers to chose from?

Yes

Or will special characters like Draigo, Voldus, Stern etc. have unique psychic powers just for themselves?

Yes, that is possible, too.

I'm not sure how it is in AoS but is there a list of general psychic disciplines that are available for all / most factions to cast from on top of their 3 specific powers?

Not that I'm aware of, but I've not played AoS; only did research on it to learn about what to expect from 8e a month or so ago.

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,203 posts

Go here to ask questions of someone who has seen the GK portion of the index.

Soder

Soder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts
Thanks for posting that! Didn't know it existed. Val a lot of your predictions are true. Lol. Good calls! The apothecary/banner seperate characters now seem like it could be something interesting..

Edited by Soder, 31 May 2017 - 01:40 AM.

• Valerian likes this

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,203 posts

Go here for thread with link to full rules, and our discussion.

• duz_ likes this

Orkinstein

Orkinstein

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

zBcYdIh.jpg

No normal GK Liberian any more?? 

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,063 posts
They reference some units to the SM listings. The libby is one of them as well as dreads and techmarines.
  • Orkinstein likes this

Orkinstein

Orkinstein

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

They reference some units to the SM listings. The libby is one of them as well as dreads and techmarines.

Thanks for pointing out that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users