hopes, dreams, and fears for sisters in 8th

micahwc

I hope we get plastic models and usable rules.

I think and fear we get no new models and the rules will be two pages of a White Dwarf somewhere in 2020.

I still cannot believe GW magically remembers that they exist.

Seraphims are going to be great with this edition assuming that their AoF somehow remains in some format.

4d6 auto hits means 14 average hits. Re-rolling wounds with 6s auto wounding (most likely) would mean they could lay down a lot of saves on a LOT of stuff.

4d6 auto hits means 14 average hits. Re-rolling wounds with 6s auto wounding (most likely) would mean they could lay down a lot of saves on a LOT of stuff.

I'm not quite sold on the love for the new flamers - 3 1/2 hits per gun is less than you would have expected from a point blank template, and you are going to lose a lot of wounds against light infantry to the saves they did not previously receive.

Against the guys I am usually playing with, it is rare that I can get more than 3 or 4 hits from my flamers. They are cleaver at positioning their models.

The one thing I will be sad to see go however is the possible to hit more than one unit with a flamer.

I hope we get plastic models and usable rules.

I think and fear we get no new models and the rules will be two pages of a White Dwarf somewhere in 2020.

I still cannot believe GW magically remembers that they exist.

Dude, they said all models they currently produce will have rules day 1. Sisters are still being sold by GW. We will have rules. No guarantee how great they will be, but they will exist.

Dude, they said all models they currently produce will have rules day 1. Sisters are still being sold by GW. We will have rules. No guarantee how great they will be, but they will exist.

Yes. Bretonnians and Tomb Kings also had rules in Age of Sigmar and we all know what happened to them. And before you mention Saint Celestine and her two girlfriends, Tomb Kings had had several plastic releases with their update and that didn't save them while Vampire Counts remained. I guess Games Workshop has more Twilight fans than fans of Ancient Egypt. Which would explain the Space Wolves going from space marines who happened to look like vikings to Team Jacob, incidentally.

I'd be okay with sisters disappearing if all space marines were squatted along with them, but we all know that'll never happen.

Yes. Bretonnians and Tomb Kings also had rules in Age of Sigmar and we all know what happened to them. And before you mention Saint Celestine and her two girlfriends, Tomb Kings had had several plastic releases with their update and that didn't save them while Vampire Counts remained. I guess Games Workshop has more Twilight fans than fans of Ancient Egypt. Which would explain the Space Wolves going from space marines who happened to look like vikings to Team Jacob, incidentally.

I'd be okay with sisters disappearing if all space marines were squatted along with them, but we all know that'll never happen.

I mean it could happen. Either way there's absolutely nothing we can do about it. And, even if they stop selling Sisters models, we'll still have the rules from launch so we'll still be able to play.

I just don't see any reason to be super upset at the moment.

I mean it could happen. Either way there's absolutely nothing we can do about it. And, even if they stop selling Sisters models, we'll still have the rules from launch so we'll still be able to play.

And a certain russian resin modelist will be drowned under orders.

I just don't see any reason to be super upset at the moment.

I'm super upset but it's not only at the moment and more because whatever 8th Edition will do won't solve the real issue of Warhammer 40,000, the space marines favoritism.

That said, since there's like a bazillion space marine fans around, plastic sisters of battle would mean I get to get my butt kicked kick teacher's pet butt every game.

I hope for everything to be usable to the point where I don't know what I want in my list because it's all good.

I dream for the new codexless edition to mean that we'll get a few new things.

I fear that we'll be left behind or worse again in the new edition. 

My hopes and dreams pretty much align with what has already been mentioned. Although it wouldn't bother me if we didn't get plastic models. I quite like our metal models.

My fear....has no basis or premise...but...i have this feeling that sisters might cop a hit to the ballistic skill, or at the very least, basic sisters will. Just have this feeling we're goo g to be hitting on 4s. Celestians will retain 3s...

No basis for this feeling. Just so.ething thats sitting at the back of my mind.

Bretonnia and Tomb Kings didn't exist in the new setting, and there's a very low likelihood of that happening to anyone in 40k.

Ideally, they will keep almost everything the same, but make us cost 2 pts. Less.

And revamp the pengines and exorcist.

Pengines get move 8_....

Exorcists get D3 damage per shot...

D6 shots times D3 damage averages a hair over 6 wounds per turn. Nasty against 5 man squads. But the extreme spread is 1 to 18 wounds. I like it.

There's still the possibility that you roll a so single shot and miss. Or you roll 6 shots, and miss have.

On the other hand, however less likely, you could roll a ataright 6, hit with all of them, make all of your 2+'s to wound, and deal tons of damage.

It would up the unpredictable factor even more, and make it terrifying.

Also, to note, the point costs for the battle on Warhammer community today is completely whack, so maybe there will be some hints about our future?

One of the things that's been said is that every unit with have "special rules" that make it unique. I get all hopeful for Sisters and then remember we have Shield of Faith already -- which may be huge, depending on how they do Invul saves.

With all the talk about "playtesting" and "re-balancing" done for "every unit in the game" I have hopes that Sisters will see a points drop, maybe 2-4 points. If not, then something else needs to change. A 6++ is great and all, but c'mon, it's literally the absolute worst thing next to not having an Invul at all.

AoF needs...something. Take out your old 3e Codex: Witchhunters and bask in the glory of what was...and hope for something like that in the days of 8e.

I want it to be revealed that the exorcist is in fact based on a jury-rigging of the scorpius whirlwind. And not because that validates my conversion, honest.

Bretonnia and Tomb Kings didn't exist in the new setting, and there's a very low likelihood of that happening to anyone in 40k.

So that's the pretext? Good to know. I say "pretext" because if they can find a reason to shoehorn space marines into the game, they can find reasons to keep these around.

One of the things that's been said is that every unit with have "special rules" that make it unique. I get all hopeful for Sisters and then remember we have Shield of Faith already -- which may be huge, depending on how they do Invul saves.

They seem to be looking to weaken invulnerable saves - they have the concept of 'mortal wounds' which ignore them, using the generic smite psychic power as an example of one thing that causes them.

hmm, shooting while moving with heavy weapons - on vehicles - is now less accurate, so the exorcist is going to lose a step on multi-gun predators, las-vindicators, etc.

Hopefully reflected in the price but dropping to under 2 hits on average per turn for sub-lascannon firepower might be a bit anemic.

Shooting pistols while in CC is now a thing though, good for seraphim.

Or maybe the Ecclesiarchy throws enough money at the Adeptus Mechanicus to make them improve the exorcist by giving it a bigger organ gun that shoots more missiles and, when they realize the size of the weapon will flip over the rhino chassis as soon as it shoots, decide to weigh it down with more organ guns under the form of sponsons.

The Adeptus Mechanicus, after all, makes science, not sense.

hmm, shooting while moving with heavy weapons - on vehicles - is now less accurate, so the exorcist is going to lose a step on multi-gun predators, las-vindicators, etc.

Hopefully reflected in the price but dropping to under 2 hits on average per turn for sub-lascannon firepower might be a bit anemic.

On the other hand, it also applies to Infantry units which means multimeltas in your squads might just become viable.

Good for all Sisters really since they (currently) all carry bolt pistols plus their main weapon. S4 shots inside of melee? Yes please!

Archived