Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

hopes, dreams, and fears for sisters in 8th

509 replies to this topic

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,465 posts
  • Chapter Name: Storm Angels

... where your Repentia end up outflanked ...

My repentia are never outflanked. Sometimes, though, they do have more options about which direction to go to charge the enemy.

They used to add a 'can't hold objectives' clause to things like Death Company. Used to was a time when we could have militia in our non-compulsory troops slots. I could see repentia with either or both of these clauses
  • Servant of Dante and Beams like this
"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."
- Wallace Sayre

The continued future of the Bolter and Chainsword is in your hands.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,376 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

... where your Repentia end up outflanked ...

My repentia are never outflanked. Sometimes, though, they do have more options about which direction to go to charge the enemy.

They used to add a 'can't hold objectives' clause to things like Death Company. Used to was a time when we could have militia in our non-compulsory troops slots. I could see repentia with either or both of these clauses

I was referring to a potential bit of scenario for why you'd have a force of fanatical women with powerfield clad chainswords and a bunch of death seeking murder machines fighting alone.

gallery_83651_12132_28438.png

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,465 posts
  • Chapter Name: Storm Angels

I was referring to a potential bit of scenario for why you'd have a force of fanatical women with powerfield clad chainswords and a bunch of death seeking murder machines fighting alone.

... and I was paraphrasing quotes from vaguely analogous historical circumstances in which a dedicated combat formation found itself surrounded by the enemy.
"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."
- Wallace Sayre

The continued future of the Bolter and Chainsword is in your hands.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,376 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

... and I was paraphrasing quotes from vaguely analogous historical circumstances in which a dedicated combat formation found itself surrounded by the enemy.

Fair enough.

gallery_83651_12132_28438.png

micahwc

micahwc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 227 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
They have us surrounded, the poor bastards.
  • Servant of Dante likes this

The Codex Astartes no doubt has guidance that covers that kind of situation - long, detailed advice that would essentially boil down to "shoot the choppy ones, chop the shooty ones".

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,821 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Valorous Heart

Retreat? No, we shall simply advance toward the enemies behind us!

• Sister Alessia likes this

Sister Alessia

Sister Alessia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts

Since I've been away from the hobby for so long, I didn't realise the fluff writing had gotten so bad. My brother has promptly caught me upto date. So I agree, just leave all the fluff as is, least we get Grey Knighted, or start fist bumping Necrons, shudders!

Banjulhu

Banjulhu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts

Sisters of Batlle were Grey Knighted, just very very dumb way.

There was a time when the Grey Knights deployed to a planet where a bloodthirster was using daemonic nanite technology to drive a planet's pipulation into crazed killers. All that was left on the planet at the time to fight the warp infused killers was a convent of Battle Sisters that were resisting the corruption thanks to their faith and a holy shrine they were guarding.

So the Grey Knights, the only marines in the entirelty of the imperial forces known to be utterly immune to the influence of the warp and daemonic corruption thanks to their genetics, indoctrination, will and unshakable faith landed at the shrine and chose to wipe out all the remaining loyal Sisters and use their blood to make wards on their armour to protect themselves from the corrupting influence that they were already completely immune to...

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
  • Chapter Name: Righteous Fists

Luckily, thanks to headcanon, and not bothering to purchase or care about any army books or texts since 4th Edition, that never happened as far as I am concerned! :D

What do I want to see?

Well: I hope that there will be a proper release with plastic Sisters of Battle and all that jazz.

I dream that we will get a dedicated Codex, a la the original Codex: Sisters of Battle.

I fear that there will be little to nothing done at all beyond shoe-horning our armies into a Codex: Agents of the Imperium.

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts

That Grey Knight story never bothered me that much.  I've always just read it as proof that the Grey Knights, like all Marines, are reprobates on the precipice of falling into the most heinous sin and damnation while the Sisters' faith is absolute and unshakable, even in the face of the greatest horrors of the Immaterium.

• Beams and Daimhin like this

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users