hopes, dreams, and fears for sisters in 8th

micahwc

I'm faaaaaairly certain the Celestine thing is just an oversight. I really wouldn't recommend anyone go out and grab a bunch of Celestine's to make an army out of them. Unless you want a bunch of fancy display pieces when they FAQ the intended line in.

I have a question. I use my AoF. Hand of the Emperor. The unit that moves also advances. Then the turn begins. Can they move and shoot normally- or, since they advanced in their Hand of the Emperor move, are they still under the restriction that Advance implies? The arguments at the store are thus:

1- They advanced. Even though it was in an unusual circumstance that wasn't in the normal movement phase, they still advanced and thus cannot shoot or charge.
2- 'If you advanced in the movement phase' denotes that you have to have advanced in the movement phase to suffer the penalty. Hand of the Emperor is not the movement phase- it states you move as if in the movement phase, not that you get an additional movement phase. So they do not suffer advance's penalty on shooting and charging.

Question.

Imagifier and dominions start turn in an immolators. Imagnifier gets to roll for an act of faith for a unit within six inches. Both are in the same transport and therefore within 6" correct?

So dominions get set up, get a vanguard move, act of faith to move, use their regular move, and then can possibly turn 1 immolate some heretics?Just saw DCA have the requirements for an extra attack granted by a priest. 6 attacks each at AP -2 if they have a priest nearby.

They wouldn't get the vanguard move if the imagifiers with them as they can only do it if all.models in the unit (transport) have it.

I have a question. I use my AoF. Hand of the Emperor. The unit that moves also advances. Then the turn begins. Can they move and shoot normally- or, since they advanced in their Hand of the Emperor move, are they still under the restriction that Advance implies? The arguments at the store are thus:

1- They advanced. Even though it was in an unusual circumstance that wasn't in the normal movement phase, they still advanced and thus cannot shoot or charge.

2- 'If you advanced in the movement phase' denotes that you have to have advanced in the movement phase to suffer the penalty. Hand of the Emperor is not the movement phase- it states you move as if in the movement phase, not that you get an additional movement phase. So they do not suffer advance's penalty on shooting and charging.

This isbactually a good question. You can easily make a case for "no" as its says "move as if movement phase". I can see the argument there but I can see the "but it's not, it's just a bonus move" GW rules wording strikes again.

I'm faaaaaairly certain the Celestine thing is just an oversight. I really wouldn't recommend anyone go out and grab a bunch of Celestine's to make an army out of them. Unless you want a bunch of fancy display pieces when they FAQ the intended line in.

Fair point laugh.png But I have two plastic and two metal ones already!

Fair point laugh.png But I have two plastic and two metal ones already!

Untill they fix it though, go nuts with 8 Celstine's and 16 Geminae in 2000 points. Every turn you could have 9 free AoFs. So basically the army is unbeatable.

Question.

Imagifier and dominions start turn in an immolators. Imagnifier gets to roll for an act of faith for a unit within six inches. Both are in the same transport and therefore within 6" correct?

So dominions get set up, get a vanguard move, act of faith to move, use their regular move, and then can possibly turn 1 immolate some heretics?

Just saw DCA have the requirements for an extra attack granted by a priest. 6 attacks each at AP -2 if they have a priest nearby.

Unfortunately you would neither get the Vanguard move or the Act of Faith. The Vanguard move is only available if you have nothing but Dominions in a transport, as Atrus has already said, and models in transports are functionally not on the board. GW has cribbed heavily from the Kharadron Overlords' transport rules for 8th Edition and they are very clear about models boarded on transports being unable to do anything whatsoever without a specific exception. Even in late 7th they added in errata that "When a unit embarks on a vehicle it is taken off the battlefield and does not interact with anything on the battlefield."

Acts of Faith are carried out at the start of the turn, and the rules for making an Advance are very clear that "A unit that Advances cannot shoot or charge later in the turn." Similarly the rules for Assault weapons say "A model with an Assault weapon can still fire even if it Advanced earlier that turn." Neither of these rules says anything about that restriction being limited to Advances made in the Movement phase.

If you use Hand of the Emperor and Advance you won't be able to shoot with non-Assault weapons or charge, so just stick to moving normally if you need the extra distance to get in range or charge.

She looks like 54mm daemon hunter model from inquisitor to me. The guy on the right looks like the fanatic from the same game.

I knew she reminded me of something!

I'm pretty sure those are Inquisitorial agent types in that artwork.

I think Advance is fairly strict; if you Advance - no matter when you Advance - you're Advancing. But what you could do with the Act of Faith is Move and Advance, then Move and Advance again.

Not that I can see. The full contents page is available on the other end of the link if you want to check for yourself.

The Avenger is listed (with all the other flyers) in Index: Astra Militarum so you will have to buy two books.

It might also mean that the Avenger lacks a Ministorum Keyword, which might be important down the line.

Oh well! Just as well, the books didn't cost nearly as much as the one that these (mostly) replaced! laugh.png I never even got to use it either! blink.png

I don't think that we really need the Repressor, but it is a lovely bit of kit. Not too hard to kitbash or convert either, with a bit of plasti-card-fu. I'm tempted to try and make one out of a Mk 1 Rhino and stick some Arbites in it as a 'Stormtrooper' squad.

If we can't shoot from the windows on the Repressor anymore, it probably isn't anywhere near as needed as it once was. Of course, that, along with the effects of terrain on movement, may be one of the handful of things we still don't know about the game just yet.

We actually do know the effects of terrain on movement. In the most basic version of the rules terrain literally only provides Cover Saves and LoS blocking, but if you're using the full advanced rules then charging through battlescapes, craters and woods comes with a -2" penalty and obstacles (tank traps, tangle wire etc) halve advance rolls and charges for units that have to pass through them. Other types of terrain have their own special rules but none of them impact movement.

Just had the stats for the hunter pointed out to me. It's ridiculously under costed and/or over powered. 90 points, reroll misses, +1 to hit flyers, st 9 AP-2

Better strength and range than an exorcist, rerolls misses, hits flyers easier, and costs almost half as much.

Just had the stats for the hunter pointed out to me. It's ridiculously under costed and/or over powered. 90 points, reroll misses, +1 to hit flyers, st 9 AP-2

Better strength and range than an exorcist, rerolls misses, hits flyers easier, and costs almost half as much.

The Hunter is actually 120 points. 124 with a storm bolter. Plus it's 1 shot at 9 -2 D6 instead of D6 -4 D3.

Also an Exorcist is +1 str, +1 W, +2" movement, includes Shield of Faith, and has the order tag so a canoness buffs it. I would say a lot of that is worth not being able to hit a plane with a +1 and costing another 40ish points.

Unless shooting at a flyer or in a situation where that 12" of range is imperative, the Hunter is basically an inferior Twin-Lascannon Razorback without a transport capacity for five more points. The Skyspear Missile Launcher has the same profile (range aside) as a Lascannon, and I would far rather have two shots than one with a reroll in the vast majority of situations.

The Exorcist has far worse comparisons than the Hunter in 8th, believe me.

The exorcist is miles better than it used to be, I just don't see it as the best thing for it's points. There's plenty better though, personally I'm going to trade mine off for a pair of dunecrawlers. 40 points less for a slightly weaker frame and a 46" gun wit 2 less AP. But in a pair it has 5++ and can advance without the -1 heavy penalty (Probably. The way crawler is worded is really confusing).

Archived