hopes, dreams, and fears for sisters in 8th

micahwc

I have been really tempted to buy a bunch of geminae to make a squad like that actually. I would just hate that everyone has 1 of 2 poses...plus I have 10 of the flying girls from the raging heroes thing coming EVENTUALLY.
Just bought 5 more fenrisian wolves to add to my pack too. Just more cheap bodies to block shots from Celestine..not that she needs it.

So far though 8th is looking really solid. Our Deny the Witch might suck complete ass, but stuff like Thousand Sons got their spellcasting nerfed into the floor. Every psycher army did, really. The rule of one and only having extremely limited amounts of powers at the start of 8th makes it nearly impossible to have more than 4 powers go off a turn. Heck, take sisters of silence and just annoy any psycher armies out there because they won't be able to do anything,

I spoke to Simon Grant (I think, definitely a Simon) this weekend at Games Expo and asked him a couple of questions about SoB during a quick game of 8th Edition (which is very very good incidentally).

Q: Why is Shield of Faith only effective against power level 3-5 powers cast on 5 or less on 2d6, and why only 1d6?
A: Because no other army has anything even remotely like it, so although it's not massively effective it is better than nothing. Also the Shield of Faith gives an invulnerable save.

Q: Will we see plastic SoB?
A: I'd like to! I can't comment, though.

He did agree that they had the CAD files to make SoB thanks to the Celestine set.

I think that Sisters of Silence might actually be a better bet as they also work in a similar way to the SoB and can be equipped for close combat, which is something SoB aren't great at. Plus they have much stronger anti-psyker powers, don't they?

I think that Sisters of Silence might actually be a better bet as they also work in a similar way to the SoB and can be equipped for close combat, which is something SoB aren't great at. Plus they have much stronger anti-psyker powers, don't they?

They do. I've made a note to auto include condemnor boltguns on people that can equip them if my opponent is going to stack psychers though. It's 1 point for an anti-psycher weapon that still functions as a boltgun. It's not even once per battle any longer. 1 point is worth all that and then some.

I was reading the index this weekend and noticed that the Hospitaler and the Dialogous don't have the <order> keyword.

The <order> keyword requires you identify the order for any unit with this keyword.

Rhinos and immolators both have the <order> keyword and a rule that prevents models from a different order from embarking. I don't remember the exact wording.

Are Hospitalers and Dialogous able to embark because they are not identified as a different order, or are the blocked from entering because they don't have the right keyword?

I was reading the index this weekend and noticed that the Hospitaler and the Dialogous don't have the <order> keyword.

The <order> keyword requires you identify the order for any unit with this keyword.

Rhinos and immolators both have the <order> keyword and a rule that prevents models from a different order from embarking. I don't remember the exact wording.

Are Hospitalers and Dialogous able to embark because they are not identified as a different order, or are the blocked from entering because they don't have the right keyword?

They can board the vehicles because they have Adeptus Ministorum keyword.

You're fine. I misremembered when I typed up in the Imperial Agents post in the preview forum. Rhinos and Immolators permit Adeptus Ministorum Infantry, which Hospitallers and Dialogus have. Since they don't have an order keyword, they aren't prohibited. However, this also means your Canoness, Imagifiers and Celestians don't work on them because they lack an Order keyword.

And it makes sense that they don't have an Order keyword because hospitallers hail from the Ordo Hospitaller, Dialogus from the Ordo Dialogus.

You're fine. I misremembered when I typed up in the Imperial Agents post in the preview forum. Rhinos and Immolators permit Adeptus Ministorum Infantry, which Hospitallers and Dialogus have. Since they don't have an order keyword, they aren't prohibited. However, this also means your Canoness, Imagifiers and Celestians don't work on them because they lack an Order keyword.

And it makes sense that they don't have an Order keyword because hospitallers hail from the Ordo Hospitaller, Dialogus from the Ordo Dialogus.

No, Sisters Hospitaller are each a member of ONE OF the Orders Hospitaller, such as the Order of the Eternal Candle, the Order of Serenity, the Order of the Cleansing Water and the Order of the Torch. In the same way, Orders Diologus include the Order of the Quill, the Order of the Lexicon, etc. Orders Famulous include the Order of the Key and the Order of the Sacred Coin.

From the 2E codex: http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12132/gallery_83651_12132_32342.png

Edit: sorry for being kinda abrupt :P I insist that people use precise terminology for the Orders Non-Militant (and it bugs me that there are examples of GW fluff that say "the Order Famulous" since that's just flat wrong) so it seems I end up typing this kind of post at least once a month. Maybe I should just put it in my signature, then post "read my Signature" :D

Archived