Prot's Shadow Wars Chaos edition

Prot

So to take a break from all this 8th edition hype, I thought I'd post some pics from my Shadow Wars' experiences!

I set a challenge to finish the stater box terrain:

And I did it in 1 week!!!

gallery_2760_13060_142742.jpg

This is a record for me. I didn't do the pipes this week, but the rest of the terrain was a week in total. I pretty much speed assembled on a Saturday, primed Sunday, and painted Monday/Tuesday.

gallery_2760_13060_316850.jpg

Just using various figs from my collection to show scale here.

gallery_2760_13060_132993.jpg

Okay enough of that.... on to part 2:

I played a few games in 2 leagues. Had a blast and a friend and I did a mini challenge. He hadn't finished his original terrain so I bought the Crates and Barrels set:

gallery_2760_13060_224979.jpg

Super quick assembly. these things are very easy to put together quickly.

And I bought, assembled, and painted the "Galvanic Magnavent" set as well:

gallery_2760_13060_463161.jpg

I chose a slightly different scheme. Using orange/reds on the Galvanic set with green promethium leaks this time. And I used reds/bones for crates/barrels.

gallery_2760_13060_200457.jpg

^This shows all the pieces you get with the Galvanic set.

gallery_2760_13060_453556.jpg

This is both sets put together.

gallery_2760_13060_286323.jpg

A close up... very quick paint job on both sets but I'm fine with that.

And a friend of mine's set....

gallery_2760_13060_129741.jpg

He met the challenge and finished his starter set as well as some bonus pieces. (I think the sets look great on the Battlemats product ).

Then I played my Chaos against Orks. It was a new player so I stripped my Chaos of all bonuses, but got hammered at 1000 points. He had 14 orks. I had 4 dudes and a cultist. My Heavy Bolter Gunner failed an Ammo test on the first shot. I kid you not. Horrible timing.

I'll see if I can find some pics of the game, but it was brutal! smile.png

Love the paint scheme Prot you should go full time commission painter...or maybe then you wouldn't enjoy it anymore msn-wink.gif. Get some battle reports on SW:A your narrative story telling is amazing/hilarious so I'm sure it would be even better with the Narrative style that SW:A brings to the table.

Krash

Very nice prot, I finally got my Thousand Sons game in as well and they went terribly for me! Watching others and reviewing game play I definitely see that model count is by far the most important, and close combat is the superior way to remove models from the game. My super sniper scope inferno boltguns kept failing to wound and just pinned the same models over and over before enemy Wytches murdered me in melee 4 turns later. Now in the campaign I have 5 marines and 5 cultists and I am very excited to see if that plays better. The game is so heavily dictated by dice luck as well... I am considering Orks!

Thanks very much guys. I will try to fit in a few Shadow War batreps.

And yes Orks are extremely good and cheap. Just watch to make sure your opponent isn't using Yoofs to get up early from being pinned.

Archived