[DOW] Dawn of War III officially released!

Brother Casman

Its weird, i played the campaign on normal, now im going back through on hard. Im having alot more fun the second time round, now that I've got a feel for the units and stuff.

Its also perfectly fine to wait for your resources to build up while skirmishing with the enemy, both online and during the campaign. 

You can also use the pause/break key to pause and issue commands in single player, which can be pretty useful.

Hope this helps.

http://i.imgur.com/RbWoNyN.png

DREAMFORGE GAMES IN UR DAWN OF WAR, LOOKING BETTER THAN UR ASTRA MILITARUM LAWL NEWBS

:tongue.:

You can also use the pause/break key to pause and issue commands in single player, which can be pretty useful.

That's one thing that's better than Dawn of War II then. The lack of active pause in a game that requires like ten times more micromanaging than the first series was not to my liking.

Yeah Dawn of War II used to have an active pause, but they removed it in one of the updates at some point, so that it just opened the menu.

I remember going back to play it and being confused, ''Wheres MUH PAWZ''

Unfortunately I'll have to wait a while to play this... I didn't buy everything for dow1 and dow2 until sometime last year...

Being broke is a bummer... oilfield work is the only work here and it is not looking good...

Oh, speaking of graphics.

If by any chance there's a big video after the final mission's last battle and you just crash to desktop each time before you can even see a pixel of it, maybe decreasing the quality of the graphics will allow it to work. Worked for me when I had to deal with the most annoying end boss out of the three games of the second series.

YES I'M LOOKING AT YOU ULKAIR.

First things first: How the hell do you ever get any sort of meaningful amount of POWER RESOURCE in this game? I have loads of req but no power... Hmm.

So... Tried the second Ork mission last night on normal.

Got my butt well and truly kicked and while I am still learning the game, the problem was it just taught me bloody nothing by this point.

The objectives start you off by collecting scrap and then a huge dialogue box appears in the centre of the screen telling you to get the Gretchin to collect scrap. After five minutes of them not being able to collect the scrap that landed in front of me while this message appeared, it became apparent I needed to traipse up the map to get to the bigger scrap for them to click on.... OKAY.

So I sort of mill about capping the points on the map before beating the Wyrdboy and then taking over his base. It's at this point I have literally no idea how to win.

First wave of enemy orks was managable, I had a couple losses but replaced those and shored up defenses with more Lootas.

Then the second wave came... They CRUSHED me, I had neither the resources or army to deal with them. The game hasn't taught me anything about the tech tree of the orks so I don't know what to build or when to build it. My army was a fraction at this size of his and I didnt have enough guys to defend a single side, let alone reclaim the points slowly being stolen from me???

OH an I tried a multiplayer. Really disliking the system where I need to buy the doctrines with such little experience of the game and the menus are totally unwieldy. We got murdered.

AND anyone else having trouble just seeing what is happening? Maybe it's because I'm at 1440p but the units are so small.

There is a great game here that I'm sure I can love, it's just nowhere near as intuitive as the first (or even second) DoW.

So I accidentally ended up on the official Dawn of War III forum as I was looking for English Eldar forums and hot damn they make dakka look civilized. But that's not why I'm posting now.

I admit I can't prove it since I don't own the game (and likely never will since I have several doubts about all the games that would warrant updating my computer from the 32bits fossil I have now), but apparently clicking on a blinking icon some might miss in the top right counter of mission briefing and debriefing screens opens up extra intal videos that give more info on what's going on. Might be useful for those who found the story lackluster.

And... ending spoiler:

Necrons don't appear in the last mission and instead are relegated to the stinger. DDD:

Why is the voice acting for the space marine units so abysmally bad compared to the last 2 games :/

According to one post on the forum I just mentioned, Relic couldn't get their hands on the previous voice actors.

Edited by Knight of the Raven

• 4 weeks later...

If they are paying you to get it, go for it.  Otherwise, no.  It's practically dead.  Like DEAD.  DEAD DEAD.

Is it? That was a lot quicker than I feared.

Yeah, it's pretty dead alright: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Yk2IjxHLQ

And if you don't believe him: http://steamspy.com/app/285190 (Ownership plateaued about 250K and weekly sales is around 2K tops, with around 1,500 concurrent players and declining, including single player)

And anectodal evidence: https://steamcommunity.com/app/285190/discussions/0/1354868867732379589/

It was :censored: and now it's dead.

Edited by appiah5

Wow? Guess that's what's bound to happen if you ignore what the community has to say and only respond with "But wait for it guys! It's gonna be great for realz!"

So I'll wait for it to drop to below a tenner to give the single player a go then... Shame really. Least I still have DoW2 to get my fix (once I break away from Stellaris... The fungusoids aren't going to exterminate themselves are they??)

Wow? Guess that's what's bound to happen if you ignore what the community has to say and only respond with "But wait for it guys! It's gonna be great for realz!"

Yea I was really surprised that we wanted a more strategic DoW I and they gave us a even more SC like game lol

• 2 months later...

Just been moping around the internet today, just wishing that this game had lived up to my expectations that Dow 2 had instilled and with the news that Relic is working on Age of Empires 4 now means I just hope i don't have to wait another 6 years for a good Dawn of War.