Stupid 2k Thousand Sons Recon Company

Spiritual Liege

The list is probably pretty bad, but it would look hectic and is fluffy as hell. Its supposed to represent their scout company (was it 9th Fellowship?) with Amon and Ammitara Occult

Here's the list:

- Magistus Amon

- Rapier battery: 2x laser destroyer, Corvidae

-  Legion veterans: Rhino, asphyx shells, brotherhood ML1 divination, 2x heavy bolter w/suspensor web, Sergeant with artificer

and power axe, Corvidae

- Legion recon squad: 5x sniper rifle, cameleoline, Corvidae

- Ammitara Occult Intercession Cabal: 10 Ammitara, 8x sniper rifle, 2x plasma gun, Corvidae

- Land speeder squadron: 2x speeder, 2x graviton gun, 2x multimelta

- Land speeder squadron: 2x speeder, 2x graviton gun, 2x multimelta, 4x hunter killer missile

- Fire raptor gunship: reaper battery, 4x hellstrike missiles

- Sicaran venator: dozer blade, twin linked bolter

- Rite of War: Legion recon company

So, is it how bad? Venator outflanks with Amon's rule, Amon joins the Ammitara, Ammitara, Fire raptor and Veterans take care of infantry, Recons just sit on objectives and try to do something with snipers and Land speeders and Venator take care of armor.

I'm pretty sure they have LA(TS), as do every generic unit with legiones astartes in the detachment. Legion recon squad has legiones astartes, not legiones astartes (Thousand Sons) in their profile. Legion veterans have legiones astartes, not legiones astartes (Thousand Sons) in their profile. 

Correct me if im wrong, but I'm quite sure I'm not.

Now a 2,5k edition with some changes, primarily dropping the Fire raptor, rapiers and veterans and getting some Lightnings and Seekers in there.

- Amon

- Recon squad: 10 marines, shotguns, Rhino

- Recon squad: 5 marines, sniper rifles, cameleoline

- Recon squad: 5 marines, sniper rifles, cameleoline

- Ammitara Occult: 10 Ammitara, 8 sniper rifles, 2 plasma guns

- Land speeder squadron: 4 speeders, 4 graviton guns, 4 multi-meltas, 6 hunter-killer missiles

- Seeker squad: 8 marines, Land Raider Proteus, explorator augury web, turret TL lascannon, dozer blade, armored ceramite

- Sky Slayer squad: 5 jetbikes, volkite culverins

- Sub-orbital strike wing: 2 Lightning strike fighters, (4 kraken missiles, ground tracking auguries, battle servitor control) x2

The list is truly the destroyer of wallets, luckily I can get some alternative jetbikes from 3rd party companies and I can convert a Lightning from a Dark Talon and Proteus from a regular Raider.

How does it look?

It seems like it's happening then :) I'll probably drop the jetbikes and get something instead, they are just so god damn expensive, legit or otherwise. What would be suitable to replace them? A Fire Raptor, perhaps?

Also how to model Ammitara? I'm sure I want some hooded heads with them, but what models to use as base? Also Thousand Sons sneaking in their bright red armor would just look stupid :D I mean, of course they use some kind of psychic gimmick to shroud themselves but should I paint at least the Recons in darker, non metallic red or something?

Archived