Sisters of Chaos?

dubHammer

I hate all of you. Each and every one of you! :D

I wasn't supposed to start any new projects. At least till my alpha legion are finished. Then I saw this thread. I saw the pretty pictured. I posted one of them in my what's up group a's a joke that I'm starting a new project....

Got 3 units of sisters of silence, Greyfax and Celestine to start my khorne sisters (Sisters of Slaughter?).

I am starting a new project.

I hate you all!! :D

I hate all of you. Each and every one of you! biggrin.png

I wasn't supposed to start any new projects. At least till my alpha legion are finished. Then I saw this thread. I saw the pretty pictured. I posted one of them in my what's up group a's a joke that I'm starting a new project....

Got 3 units of sisters of silence, Greyfax and Celestine to start my khorne sisters (Sisters of Slaughter?).

I hate you all!! biggrin.png

I am way ahead of you but rest assured, I will ultimately fall behind/never finish. :p

gallery_11038_657_389164.jpg

gallery_11038_657_390020.jpg

I am way ahead of you but rest assured, I will ultimately fall behind/never finish. tongue.png

I see your unfinished shenanigans and I raise you this three year old shelf dweller.

Oh, I love this! Keep us updated along the whole way all of you!

I see your unfinished shenanigans and I raise you this three year old shelf dweller.

Replacing the head of Khorne's girlfriend with that of a daemonette of Slaanesh? You like living dangerously.

That's what he gets for sending me a bent version of his bride's head and spear. dry.png

I'll make him a new one eventually anyway.

I cannot stop laughing at "the red rage". 

In all seriousness though I think a bunch of sisters that were lured to chaos through deceit by tzeentch would be mad cool. Imagine he transformed loads of them into sorcerers/witches! 

In all seriousness though I think a bunch of sisters that were lured to chaos through deceit by tzeentch would be mad cool. Imagine he transformed loads of them into sorcerers/witches! 

"Please, I did the sorcery-hater-turned-into-a-self-loathing-psyker thing before it was cool."

"Shut up, Mortarion. We have bewbs, therefore we'll have more fans than you ever did."

"D:"

"Please, I did the sorcery-hater-turned-into-a-self-loathing-psyker thing before it was cool."

"Shut up, Mortarion. We have bewbs, therefore we'll have more fans than you ever did."

I just decided my new Death Guard army will have at least one rotten chick!

You know, I'd kinda like to do 9 "Traitor Sisters" orders allied with each of the 9 Traitor Legions. So to that end here's some more ideas.

Black Legion:

Order of the Black Veil.

Simply put, fairly generic traitor Sororitas. Fell to Chaos after being judged impure and excommunicated by a (secretly treacherous) agent of the Inquisition following the crushing of a Chaos cult. Having been cast out by the Imperium they fought so hard to protect, they allied with the Black Legion.

Modelling wise, pretty simple. Defaced Imperial symbols, black armour, some degree of Chaotic mutation...you know, the usual things. Should look fairly close to their Imperial counterparts with most of the Chaotic elements either being "tacked on" (defacements, trophies, modifications etc) or mutations. As a common identifying mark, perhaps the rank and file Sisters could wear face-veils (hence the name).

World Eaters:

Order of the Bloody Grail.

Embarked on a grand and righteous crusade against a rebellious star system. Unfortunately, the Order (which was already known for its uncompromising and merciless tactics) took the whole cleansing thing a bit too far and butchered every single man, woman and child in the system, having judged them all as corrupt and believing that only through total annihilation could the system be redeemed. Regrettably this also included loyal subjects who were fighting the rebels, and worse still Inquisitorial agents, and so the Order was excommunicated, resulting in them turning to a patron more appreciative of their tendency for butchery.

Modelling wise, obviously lots of red and brass. Spikes and skulls a must. Armour would be ornate but functional, with thicker protective plating than standard Sororitas power armour, and helmets being the norm. Melee combat is of course their forte and as such, lots of axes, mauls and eviscerators. Being as they are former Ecclesiarchal warriors, they should have a more ritualistic, religious look to them than your average Khorne follower- Vehicles could be converted into mobile execution altars, for example, bedecked in blood-wax candles and flayed skin scrolls. They still slaughter just as many foes as any other Khorne warband but they do so with a bit more reverence.

Death Guard:

Order of the Rotten Heart.

Once an Order known for its charitable work, non-combatant roles and overall humility, this Order was laid low when what seemed like a regular sickness amongst the population of their shrine world spread to the Sisters who were sent to aid the stricken citizens, and eventually infected the entire Convent with the dreaded Nurgle's Rot. Shortly before the end, a Great Unclean One manifested before them and offered them a choice- pledge themselves to Nurgle and be saved from their excruciating fate, or continue to resist and be agonizingly transformed into Plaguebearers. As you might expect, they chose the former.

Modelling wise, lots of the usual Nurgley bits (buboes and cysts, bony tumours, rotting flesh etc) and an overall filthy appearance. Break out those effect paints and weathering powders lads/ladies! In addition, as mentioned before in my earlier post, as Nurgle's whole theme is death and rebirth, perhaps this would be the perfect opportunity to darkly parody stupid "sexy" Sisters conversions, with their armour splitting and rusting away, revealing their fecund, voluptuous, bloated, rotten, maggot-infested forms, and permanently scarring your opponent's fragile mind. After all, Nurgle and his daughters love you!

Emperor's Children:

Order of the Burning Chain.

Known for their incredible piousness and penitent nature (with a bizarrely high number of Repentia) the order that would become the Burning Chain took their obsession with penitence much too far and ended up descending into madness, imprisoning and torturing the entire population of their Shrine World, which they rebuilt into a massive prison complex. When they were confronted for their atrocities they were outraged and fell upon the forces sent to apprehend them. In the end they were sent retreating into the Eye of Terror, where the Warp twisted their minds. Finding Slaanesh, who they believed to be the most divinely perfect and pure of all beings, they ventured forth from the Eye to punish the "sinful", the "impure" and the "wicked" for their crime of existing and befouling the Galaxy with their uncleanliness. Only through the death of mind, body and soul will the Imperium be able to repent.

Modelling wise, take the already present BDSM/Dominatrix look the Sisters already have going on and take it up to 11, along with a sprinkling of black metal album art, Spanish Inquisition/Catholic Church and Hellraiser- not in a sexy/fanservice way of course (though potentially with a dash of sexual horror), but rather to make them as horrific as possible. So sensory deprivation helmets, grotesque body modification and self-flagellation, vehicle crew uncomfortably restrained into their cockpits, and living trophies that serve as dreadful reminders of the fate that awaits those they judge impure. BRING FORTH THE COMFY CHAIR!

Thousand Sons:

Order of the Hundred Eyes.

Originally an Order that prized knowledge above all else and held close relations with the Inquisition, they sought to find a way to defeat the forces of heresy, and so delved into forbidden archives. As their studies progressed, so too did the madness that began to consume them. Eventually, they came to the conclusion that there was no way to defeat Chaos, and the only hope for the survival of mankind was to give themselves to the Ruinous Powers.

Modelling wise, as mentioned in my other post, lots of robes, hoods and other form obscuring "I am mysterious!" garments over their armour. These Sisters fight to recover lost knowledge in their insane quest to "save" humanity, and as such their vehicles should be laden down with books and datacores and the like. Also lots of esoteric runes and stuff.

Iron Warriors:

Order of the Ruinous Hand.

An Order that prided itself on its formidable resilience, the Sororitas that would go on to become the Ruinous Hand were for a long time amongst the most loyal of all Sisterhoods...until their Order was called upon to defend the Basilica of Hannis against the Iron Warriors, and were treated as mere expendable cannon fodder by the Marines Malevolent they were paired with. Appalled by their treatment by those they should call allies, they turned on the Marines Malevolent and pledged themselves to the banner of the Iron Warriors.

Modelling wise, they should eschew most of the more ornate detailing of normal Sister aesthetics in favour of raw functionality. No bare heads, no boob plates and no pipe organ exorcists- just pure, functional panoply of war. TLDR: Iron Warriors aesthetics applied to the Sisters instead. Hey, don't fix what ain't broken.

Word Bearers:

Order of the Unspeakable Truth.

Known for their zealousness and unflincing dedication to the Imperial Creed, this Sisterhood was turned when the Word Bearers invaded their shrine world. The Word Bearers Anointed teleported into the innermost sanctum, but to their surprise did not open fire. Instead, the Dark Apostle Zor Kaziel delivered an impassioned oratory on the truth of the Imperium and its corruption, detailing the fall of the Word Bearers themselves and how they discovered the Primordial Truth. Faced with this, the Sisterhood gave themselves over to the Ruinous Powers and joined the Sons of Lorgar, all without a single shot being fired.

Modelling wise, plenty of ornate Chaotic iconography, (Im)purity Seals, and generally "evil church" looking...stuff. Also plenty of possession, mutation and other Daemonic elements. Vehicles should be as much mobile places of worship as weapons of war, and there should be enough parchment on everything to constitute a serious fire hazard. Speaking of which, flamer weapons. ALL THE FLAMER WEAPONS.

Night Lords:

Order of the Flayed Maiden.

Once an Order renowned for selflessness, nobility and upholding justice, this Sisterhood was undone when an uprising on their shrine world tested even their boundless patience too far. Sickened by the horrors the insurgency had committed, they wiped the entire world clean of life in vengeance. Horrified by what they had done, and with their faith in humanity completely destroyed by the atrocities they had witnessed, they retreated to the Eye of Terror, vowing to purify the Imperium through blood.

Modelling wise, make 'em scary. Real scary. Armour and vehicles positively coated in grisly trophies, helmets fashioned into death's heads, cloth replaced with the flayed skins of their foes, etc etc. Basically Night Lords but without the bats and lightning.

Alpha Legion:

Order of the Red Mirror.

Unlike the other Traitor Sisterhoods listed here, this Order were crooked from the start- they were founded by an Alpha Legion operative implanted within the Ecclesiarchy to destroy the Imperium from within. For decades the Sisterhood seemed to serve loyally, brining worlds into the fold and teaching the Imperial Creed. Then, one day, the Alpha Legion attacked and an insurgency started on every single world that had been visited by the Order. The Order turned their guns on Imperial forces, joined the Alpha Legion in ransacking the sector, and then completely disappeared. The Order was never seen again...or so it was believed. In truth, the Order of the Red Mirror is very much alive and kicking, fighting alongside the Alpha Legion in a number of guises- sometimes openly allied with them, sometimes adopting the colours of loyal Orders and infiltrating Imperial ranks again.

Modelling wise...well, anything goes, as their entire schtick would be mimicking other Orders and sowing confusion and despair.

Depending on how things go in 8th, I may just get a few sisters to use as a Word Bearer Retinue... although I'd probably go Seraphim as most of my characters that aren't my Dark Apostle fly or use bikes. Count them as Raptors or Chosen if they lack the jump packs.

As for the why? My entire Word Bearers section of my greater Chaos force is a Word Bearer's core surrounded by traitors of loyalist marines. Some sworn to Undivided, some (Daemonkin) sworn to Khorne, some sworn to Nurgle (Influenced by an allied contingient of Death Guard who basically happen to work with the band because it's effective and the WBs have a Heretek Warpsmith basically working for them), some to Slaanesh (a small band of Slaaneshi turncoats from Emperor's Children and Blood Angels) and some to Tzeentch (See the Death Guard, but Thousand Sons and nobody really knows why).

Fitting Sisters of Battle into that shouldn't be hard among all the other traitors.

Posted · Hidden by Excessus, May 5, 2017 - *sigh*
Hidden by Excessus, May 5, 2017 - *sigh*

She has all the std's.

I have been looking into getting some female model into my chaos army. 

so far

Warpsmith

https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/si-fi/products/nepharya-necropriestess-ie

Sorcerer

https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/si-fi/products/nertha-faceless-mother-ie

These as troops (gas mask heads) Not sure if they would suit a renegade army better or use them as cultist. My problem with cultists is that they are expensive GBP for the model stats

https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/si-fi/products/ie-iron-storm-troops

Now I don't own any of the models I am just doing plans.

Posted · Hidden by Excessus, May 5, 2017 - collateral damage
Hidden by Excessus, May 5, 2017 - collateral damage

She has all the std's.

You had to go there!

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Once I've got my main Chaos forces completed I'm tempted to actually do some models for the Orders of the Burning Chain and Rotten Heart.

Now, granted, by the time that happens there will probably be plastic Sisters models to defile available from GW, but in the event that doesn't happen (or I'm ridiculously quick with painting my existing Chaos Marines) I'm wondering what models I should use as the bases for them. Obviously there's the pewter Sisters models, some of which would work fine, but they would be tricky to convert given the relatively low parts counts on them. I'm tempted to follow KrautScientist's lead and use Dark Eldar parts as the basis for some conversions (which would work exceptionally well for Chaos models as they wouldn't even need the skin tabards removing), but if anyone has any other ideas let me know.

Im liking the Word Bearer Sisters idea. I was thinking of starting a small Sisters force (Bloody Rose? The red ones) and now I can use them as Chaos. :tu:

Now all I need to do is wait for plastic Sisters.

Archived