Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inquisition and Agents in 8th

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,318 posts

Jokero need to be characters, or have a special rule that lets them be part of an Acolyte unit for all intents and purposes.

Currently you just need to keep them hidden behind metal boxes and stuff.

In Their Fists They Carry Death - The Legiones Custodes

++Heresy WIP Thread: Talons++

++WIP Thread++

++Index Astartes Sanguine Visions++

Finkmilkana

Finkmilkana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts
Considering how squishy acolytes are for their points right now, that wouldn't even help that much. Per point spend, jokaero with 3w and 5++ are actually more durable than acolytes with anything more than a stormbolter. And since jokaero are only even remotely worth their points if they can buff well armed acolytes (outside of the landraider), you actually kinda want the enemy to shoot the monkey. Loosing two plasma acolytes hurts more than loosing the monkey.
Granted, this is only because acolytes are also completely overpriced and it would just be best to run neither, but that only makes the whole thing even more sad.
  • dogfender likes this

Arkeo Nox

Arkeo Nox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts

A razorback with 5 storm bolter Acolyts and a Jokaero has some punch for around 200 points. 

And since we can apparently use Landspeeder Storm, I can find a use to acolyts.

Finkmilkana

Finkmilkana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts
It has, but not really 28 points worth of more punch compared to 6 acolytes in the razorback, especially with the overlap with quarry. But at least it's an option now and not that much worse.

I just wish the land speeder would have made it into the FAQ.

Edited by Finkmilkana, 24 July 2017 - 11:27 PM.

Beaky Brigade

Beaky Brigade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 498 posts

Well we may get another FAQ in a couple of weeks, so why not shoot them an email or FB message and make it more frequent? :D

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,365 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
They should add Inquisitorial StormTroopers option for Tempestus.
With the Authority of the Inquisition rule.
I have been eyeing that Corvus Blackstar for a while now, but it's a waste to take Flak Acolytes in it :/

Also what kind of Detachment do I use for Inquisition?

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,318 posts

They should add Inquisitorial StormTroopers option for Tempestus.
With the Authority of the Inquisition rule.
I have been eyeing that Corvus Blackstar for a while now, but it's a waste to take Flak Acolytes in it :/

Also what kind of Detachment do I use for Inquisition?

Depends.

If you are going pure then I'd say the one that's mainly HQ + Elites.

Otherwise just use a bigger one and use Imperium as your Keyword :)

++WIP Thread++

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,365 posts
Basically I need to take Imperium keyword (unbound).

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,250 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Valorous Heart
No, it's not unbound if everyone has the Imperium keyword and you're using detachments . . .

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,365 posts
Ah what a mess. Ok spearhead det. For Inquisition and Auxiliary for DW. 0CP.

Montford981

Montford981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

I used Karamazov in a battle today vs. Death Guard and he did quite well. My opponent couldn't get used to his multi-melta;s range!

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,365 posts
Finnaly got how to build a battleforged Imperium detachment.
Super annoyed at the fact that my StormTroopers will have a 5+ cause we lost carapace armour on Acolytes.
Well time to get some Intercessors out of eBay for DW

Nicodemus Doloroso

Nicodemus Doloroso

++ LEGIFER EXLEGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,532 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Sorrowful

Super annoyed at the fact that my StormTroopers will have a 5+ cause we lost carapace armour on Acolytes.

I used Scions even in 7th because an acolyte with carapace and hotshot was more expensive than a Scion yet had only BS3 and no grenades or special abilities.

In 8th Scions are an excellent buy, are a troops choice (which you need for the higher CP detachments), and can now be put in the same vehicle as a inquisitor and some storm bolter or other acolytes (so long as you take an IG transport). I jammed 5 Scions into a chimera with an inquisitor and group of acolytes the other day in a battle and it was fun.

Angels Sorrowful, my Blood Angels Successor Chapter: WIP Thread (update 07/10/16 Two Tactical Squads Complete) and Brotherhood of Angels Entry
gallery_30308_9518_3306.pnggallery_30308_9518_1992.pnggallery_30308_9518_5480.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pngETL_Medal_03.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04.gifgallery_29004_6198_9307.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifgallery_4664_11830_5080.jpggallery_62972_10568_20441.jpg

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,318 posts

Just bring normal storm troopers....?

They're all imperium for the moment so you don't lose anything by doing so.

• Nicodemus Doloroso likes this

++WIP Thread++

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,365 posts
The Sargent with chainsword makes me twitchy.
I want a god damn hotshot lasgun on him not a melee weapon. And I can't change it. Makes me so mad. It's a silly little thing, but annoys me.

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 390 posts

Can we use a Land Speeder Storm? Wouldn't the Authority rule just get rid of the Faction keyword restrictions meaning we'd still need "Scout Infantry" to be able to use it?

That would certainly solve my Acolyte problem. Pretty useless but fun!

Hod

Hod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

Can we use a Land Speeder Storm? Wouldn't the Authority rule just get rid of the Faction keyword restrictions meaning we'd still need "Scout Infantry" to be able to use it?

Is the consensus on the 'Authority of the Inquisition' rule clear? I remember the Land speeder storm being brought up as something the Inquisitor or Acolytes could not enter, because even though the faction restriction is dropped, they don't have the Scout keyword?

The same would be true of the new Repulsor Grav tank, as it can only Transport 10 Primaris Infantry. Obviously the status of Primaris and transports is a little odd as it stands (which is mostly a sales tactic as far as I'm concerned), but I wonder if we might be over thinking the rules a little bit, as surely RAI the Inquisitor can enter any Imperial Transport as long as he is not terminator equipped?

I sent the following email to GW customer service:

Hi there,

I just had a query about this rule. It says that 'Units with this ability can embark onto any Imperium Transport, even though the transport in question might normally only permit models with other Faction keywords to do so. All other restrictions apply normally...'

What would 'other restrictions' include? For example:

The Landspeeder Storm can transport 5 <chapter> scout infantry models. Would the Inquisitor not be able to board this transport because he does not have the scout infantry keyword even though the faction restriction is ignored? Would this be the same for any Imperium transport that may only transport a specific type of infantry? (the restriction on Terminator armour is clear enough!).

The response was:

Hi XXX

Thanks for the email

I believe that the other restrictions that are mentioned would be the restrictions on capacity, so you would not be able to take 11 people in a 10 man capacity transport.

Kind regards

Obviously the CS team is not always the final say on the rules, but it makes me wonder if RAI, the Inquisitor can get in anything Imperial (other than the terminator restriction).

Our best answer so far.

casb1965

casb1965

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 372 posts
  • Chapter Name: Inquisitor Ximénes de Cisneros

Is the consensus on the 'Authority of the Inquisition' rule clear? I remember the Land speeder storm being brought up as something the Inquisitor or Acolytes could not enter, because even though the faction restriction is dropped, they don't have the Scout keyword?

The same would be true of the new Repulsor Grav tank, as it can only Transport 10 Primaris Infantry. Obviously the status of Primaris and transports is a little odd as it stands (which is mostly a sales tactic as far as I'm concerned), but I wonder if we might be over thinking the rules a little bit, as surely RAI the Inquisitor can enter any Imperial Transport as long as he is not terminator equipped?

I sent the following email to GW customer service:

Hi there,

I just had a query about this rule. It says that 'Units with this ability can embark onto any Imperium Transport, even though the transport in question might normally only permit models with other Faction keywords to do so. All other restrictions apply normally...'

What would 'other restrictions' include? For example:

The Landspeeder Storm can transport 5 <chapter> scout infantry models. Would the Inquisitor not be able to board this transport because he does not have the scout infantry keyword even though the faction restriction is ignored? Would this be the same for any Imperium transport that may only transport a specific type of infantry? (the restriction on Terminator armour is clear enough!).

The response was:

Hi XXX

Thanks for the email

I believe that the other restrictions that are mentioned would be the restrictions on capacity, so you would not be able to take 11 people in a 10 man capacity transport.

Kind regards

Obviously the CS team is not always the final say on the rules, but it makes me wonder if RAI, the Inquisitor can get in anything Imperial (other than the terminator restriction).

Our best answer so far.

Not only the best but most logical answer as it doesn't list exceptions such as Scout or Primaris.

• Nicodemus Doloroso likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users