A Thank You

Solrac

Hey Gents and Ladies,

With a new edition to our favourite game coming around the corner, I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone in our Dark Angels Community here on B&C. It is always amazing to see so many people with the same interest come together and share a hobby (and the best part, banter).

I know with the popularity of mobile apps and social media means that forums like ours are not as popular anymore but a big thank you to everyone that still finds the time to contribute and help motivate. I have always found some new ideas and useful information on here that has helped me with my gaming or my hobby. I know I speak for everyone when I say these small gestures mean a lot to all of us.

Lastly a massive Thank You and salute to our moderators and admins (all of them not just in the Dark Angels forum) giving up their free time to help keep this place going and adding to the wealth of knowledge that has accumulated here over the years.

That being said I want this to turn into a reflection thread.

7th wasn't a perfect system and the imbalance at times was horrendous. But we kept going because this is our hobby and people are in love with the setting and everything else about it. The new GW seems to be going in a new exciting direction and regardless to what happens with the game I will continue to enjoy it.

With our new 7th Ed codex in 2015 giving us a better competitive edge, 2016 saw me fully immersed in the Tournament scene for the first time. it has been a fun ride and happy to say that my Dark Angels remained pure with no allies for that whole year netting me:

8th in NSW State Rankings

321st ITC Rankings Overall

21st Dark Angels ITC

3rd Dark Angels ITC Australia

A thank you once again to everyone who helped me along the way.

Here's to 8th being a new adventure for us all, Glory to the First!

Thank you for your words and for the participation. It was refreshing to have someone dedicated to the DA, painting and playing and sharing with us models, lists and battle reports.

Was uplifting to see you never faltered and always went straight DA no matter what.

Here's hoping that 8th brings prosperity to DA once again and fills these halls with much converting, painting, playing, theory-crafting and fluff discussions.

Indeed the apps and Facebook groups stole a bit of traffic from the "normal" forums but we're still solid here for whatever may come!

Here's to a new edition and new renewed interest in DA!

I wish I had more time to participate online, myself. I'm so damn envious of all of you brilliant painters.

I hope we see better times with 8th. The shooting changes look promising for us. We've generally had the shorter end of the stick in terms of rules, but we always make a good fight of it. I'll be keen to see the errata for our codex, and then whatever crazy promises come for a new codex.

I wonder how they'll divide up the armies, especially the SMs. Generally speaking, I have no idea what to expect and I have no expectations, other than to lose a heap of cash!

Wonderfull speech! I wouldn't worry to much about the new edition. You managed to pull through tournaments when the odds were so heavily against you. 7th edition didn't do you much favours balance wise. So when 8th is rumoured to be much more balanced than its previous brother, with a mode specifically for tournaments, then I believe you will have a great time your new habitat. You'll have no excuses anymore to not get that 1st place msn-wink.gif

Agree wholeheartedly with Solrac's post.

Exciting times ahead I like to think. Possibly a bumpy ride but hey, if we survived the Jervis 4th Edition Codex years then we can survive pretty much anything tongue.png.

Cheers

I

For me, 6th was the Ravenwing edition, 7th was the Lions Blade, hopefully 8th will make Deathwing viable again. I've enjoyed all my games in 7th but it's been a struggle towards the end especially since Ynnari landed.

Agreeeeeeed here's to another edition of traitor killing, xenos stomping, 1st legion only fun.

I've got high hopes for this edition and as long as they don't have us run off and do something too stupid, I'll be happy.

Here's to each of yall. May you continue to inspire, and teach.

PS.  When does the ETL start? I have some Deathwing reinforcements built up and waiting to be painted

• 2 weeks later...

For me, 6th was the Ravenwing edition, 7th was the Lions Blade, hopefully 8th will make Deathwing viable again. I've enjoyed all my games in 7th but it's been a struggle towards the end especially since Ynnari landed.

From what I've seen (and no doubt what everyone has seen, too) on GW's Warhammer 40,000 page, Terminators are going to boast 2 wounds and a bunch of other rules that will make them really hardcore. So, Deathwing with 2W Termies and LRs that are supposedly going to be the toughest things on the table, you might be right!

I'm certainly looking forward to it!

• 3 weeks later...

Brother Solrac! 

So , i lost my account for a time , but now i'm back.
I just wanted to say thanks dude! , because i don't know if you remember but i reached to you for tips on an upcoming Escalation Campaign. Long story short the advice you gave me helped me to get through " that " Tau player which brought a Riptide to a 750 match haha.
After that game eveything went awesome , i played against a Eldar player with bikes and dark reapers , a Skitarii which had Coteaz lol , and in the end a DE player with that Grotesque formation with cronos , talos and another dude. 
I won the Campaign and with that $80 dollars of product haha , i got Sammael with that money.
Again , thanks dude. 

Brother Solrac! 

So , i lost my account for a time , but now i'm back.

I just wanted to say thanks dude! , because i don't know if you remember but i reached to you for tips on an upcoming Escalation Campaign. Long story short the advice you gave me helped me to get through " that " Tau player which brought a Riptide to a 750 match haha.

After that game eveything went awesome , i played against a Eldar player with bikes and dark reapers , a Skitarii which had Coteaz lol , and in the end a DE player with that Grotesque formation with cronos , talos and another dude. 

I won the Campaign and with that $80 dollars of product haha , i got Sammael with that money.

Again , thanks dude. 

My pleasure dude!

Hopefully I can start geting the ins and outs of 8th very soon to continue being as helpful! My first Tournament is mid July! Can't wait!

Just wanted to thank you, Solrac, as well as everyone else who posts here. 

I got back into 40k during 7e and your suggestions on tactics and load-outs were immensely helpful for me when it came to choosing what to buy and build (although it ultimately devolved into buy a bit of everything..), as well as how to paint it.

8e will require reconfiguration and new ideas, but I am looking forward to seeing what our collective knowledge can come up with.  

For the First! 

Archived