Chaos VS Eldar - Battle Report

Hi Guys

Here a Battle Report of my second epic Crusade. This time against fithy space elves. =D

Well it did not turn out well this time.

We agreed on a 1500 Pt game - Even if I think that I don't have enough good stuff to build an evenly strong list at this level.

Here The Army Lists:

Chaos

HQ

- Lucius the ethernal (Just wanted to give him a try becaus I got him very cheap of ebay with some other stuff)

- Chaos Sorcerer

Level 3 - Terminator Armour - Spell Familiar Mark of Slaanesh, Combi Plasma weapon

Standard

- 10 Noise marines (With Lucius)

6 Sonic blasters, IoE, Champion with dual Power claw, Doom siren, 2 addition CCW

- 5 Noise Marines

Bass Blaster

- 5 Noise Marines

Bass Blaster

Elite

- Hellbrute with Rocket Launcher and Combibolter

Support

- 8 Havocs (with sorcerer)

4 Plasma Weapons + Combi Plasma for the Chamion (Other heavy Weaponry played as a proxy)

Detatchment

Hellcult

- Hellbrute + Lascannon + Combibolter

- 20 CC Cultists + Shotgun + 2 Flamers

- 20 Shooty Cultist + 2 Heavy Stubbers

Eldar

HQ

-Jain Zar

-Maugan Ra

Standard

-15 Guardians (Maugan Ra attatched)

-5 Dire Avengers

Exarch + Powerweapon + Force field

Elite

-5 Fire Dragons + Wave Serpent

Support

- Illum Zar

- Wraithlord - Shooty one

Lord of War

- Wraithknight - a shooty one

Well let's start

We agreed on playing with strategic objectives. One was Placed in the middle and 2 on each player's side.

I got a nice roll on the Psychic Table,

I got Synphony of pain, Puppetmaster (?), Sensory Overload

I also got infiltrate for 3 units again.

But I could not really use It becaus the Oponent placed everything in a way, so that i could not place anything out of sight or 18 inches.

I won't write too much Detail, because It is just tooo depressing. ^^

In total, I was not able to shoot Jain Zar down, so she totally Killed Lucius and an entire sqad of Noise marines alone. (I am not sure about the rules regarding 2 Leaders figthing each other. It is kind of weird, that after lucius dies, the whole squad can't attack. Is that true?) (Sorry Noob here)

And that thing was able to move what? 18 inces bevore Charging? censored.gif =D

Besides she has a 6 Inch bubble reducing Iniciative and Combat skill by 5. So... It's even hard to hit anything even if you got to swing. And no Overwatch! No doom Siren! =(

The Illum Zar is able to shoot 60 Inches with me not beeing able to do anything against it.

The Wraithlord just Instakilled a hellbrute and it exploded with an 6 inch template in my army. Maybe that was just bad luck in rolling.

The Wave serpent with Fire dragons just roasted my Sorcerer and some Havocs.

The Wraithknight was surprisingly ineffective. - But it was also Parked in the back of the field for a long time.

Maugan Ra also killed lots of stuff with his "funny" Weaponry and used the guardian squad as a good meat shield with the "Watch out Sir" ability.

In total I was not able to kill an entire squad or unit, because there was so many things to shoot at, and i simply could not decide, and got distracted a lot.

I found the hellcult Kida effective, my Hellcult hellbrute remained unharmed until the final slaughter by the wraithknight which jumped into my army in the end. And the Cultists made a good distraction unit, while the shooty ones where able to deal some wounds.

I generated lots of points by the 2 MsU Noise marines, My 10 NM squad was literally useless, but i also got lots of bad rolls. But I also think that the huge amount of Big Units and armour cobined with the 2+ armour save of the enemy HQ was a Problem, because I lack of real heavy hitters yet. The Plasma Havocs died Pretty fast by some Illum Zar shot.

Any thoughts on Improvements on the Battle Report or my Army are welcome!

Sounds like it was a tough match, especially for Lucius. I think your opponent was right about challenge rules, but my low level painting skills and high level procrastination skills don't translate to much rules knowledge. :p

Yeah, I also checked again. It makes her kida invincible in CC in my opinion. >.<

I totally underestimated Jain Zar, because I lost track of all the special rules.
Won't happen again. Next time is plasma in her face time. =D

I got lucky with the Wraithknight beeing so inefficient this time. I think I also have to worry a lot about that big guy in the next match.

Archived