8th: A New Day for Renegades?

I imagine their logic was that a lot of people will use Imperial Guard armies as their 'base' for Renegades or that people who dabble into them will more often than not be Guard players anyway. 

That or I'm reading into it too much and they just wanted to flog Chaos players two books.

A small thing, but I'm very happy to be able to use my cultists as actual cultists in the Renegades list and not mutants or zombies or something. Also, zombies aren't an entry!

I believe the giant blight drone is just the current blight drone renamed to be a little bit more different from the thing in the starter box...

Interesting that there's no zombies. They were a mainstay. I really want to know what happens to the devotions and demagogue rules. I hope they make the cut

So I assume the additional rule section will cover the use of all Guard tanks etc. My bet is that renegades tanks etc will have the same point costs as basic guard.

Annoyed to see zombies gone as poxwalkers are 5+ FNP and 6 points each but never mind.

Still excited! need to wait for the ork book to come out before I order them though 

No Zombies make me sad :sad.: though FW could always go the route of the old Lost and the Damned army from the eye of terror book how mutants or culotists can be upgraded to zombies, beastmen etc

Wow saw the rules for the FW Spartan and look how brutal laser destroyers will be, nice to know raipers will still be one of the best units :DFWIndexPreviewSpartan.jpg

Edited by teutonicavenger

It is listed under the regular IG stuff.

Personally I'm gonna wait on my traitor guard on stuff now until the dust settles. With all the hints of crazy going on behind the scenes right now with GW and where 40k is going I don't want to invest one way or the other.

However proxy-guard is totally awesome.

Hello traitor tank companies, once again!

Oh no, where is the artillery? That sucks i just built about 100 zombies a couple months ago.

Mmmm... I got 105 Zombies, though as long as a unit has the Chaos faction keyword they can be included, so they can be run as Poxwalkers. I guess I could run them as 7x15 man squads or something. :p

But yeah, would have preferred a proper Zombie entry, with a weaker but cheaper alternative to Poxwalkers. 

I just noticed that the Stormhammer is actually in the book! It's under "Arkurian Pattern Stormhammer."

Please, by the gods, let us have access to it! I was so bummed about 30k not transitioning to 8th edition, I figured I'd never really get to use mine. At least this way, I can run pure guard as a traitor force and use mine, if nothing else.

I have it too. RH are the worst treated army of 8th. Lost almost everything that made it good, what it kept got worse, and many things are just a worse version of the IG stuff but with no orders. The army is a catastrophic failure by FW, with even less imagination and attention than the 6th/7th version.

That said, some of the IG stuff is pretty good and the copycat entries don't have Uncertain Worth (which got worse). 80 point Earthshakers with no crew seem really good for the points. Wyverns and heavy mortar crews are worse and more expensive now, but maybe still worth taking - not sure. The HQ psyker is surprisingly good - take him for 30 points and spam him in the HQ detachment.

I guess I can't really be surprised to be honest, with all the half finished, incredibly basic indexes that GW/FW has released R&H are just another super basic, unimaginative army list with basically nothing that makes them special. The no orders part especially hurts considering we have nothing to make up for it. The one redeeming part of uncertain worth though is now the command net vox can easily spread it's ld to all your units, and for militia suads you are no longer giving up a special weapon if you want to take a vox caster/chaos sigil. 

I could be wrong, but it seems like ogryns are not such a terrible choice anymore, much more decently priced so they may be worth taking since they can assault out of a chimera. Overall though, the list is quite disappointing.