8th: A New Day for Renegades?

Yeah, pretty obvious oversight. Interesting that it's models that can take special weapons, not just the marauders. How useful is this? Not very, other than giving flamers to the guys with 3 wounds and BS5+. The unit would be a lot more interesting if they could still take power weapons.

I thought about this too until I read it again and it says you have to swap a weapon. Since brutes dont have a valid weapon to swap they cant get one.

Yeah....and for some reason Brutes are 30 points for a Str 4 guy with 3 wounds, and a basic CC attack, plus nothing else. They were expensive last edition because they had Rending. Now they....don't. I think someone got lazy and copy/pasted "30 points" everywhere they saw "Brute" since Ogryn Brutes are 30.

Another one for the list.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

Weapon Skill and Ballistic Skill on Renegade Militia & Renegade Heavy Weapons Squad - both should be 4+/4+.  If enough people lump it in with the things that are obviously wrong in their emails and such, like the keyword issues, maybe they'll realize they done goofed.

I wonder if the demo charges are intended for Marauders with the Heretek discipline rather than them gaining an irrelevant second batch of Krak Grenades...

Yes. Suggest this on the email. Last edition they didn't get Krak by default. Now they do and charges would make sense as an upgrade.

The list of things we can take includes Earthshaker and medusa batteries. The "earthshaker batter" is a thing. No crew. But there is no medusa battery. The "medusa carriage battery" has crew. So is there an entry missing for a medusa with no crew, or are we supposed to get the crewed option for both?

My list so far w page references, all stuff mentioned here already. Apparently james taylor is taking lists of issues on facebook to hand to the fw people? Cannot verify, as i dont really book faces.

https://minisception.tumblr.com/post/162282702335/gamesception-petepaintswarhammer-not-sure-how

If I am playing Death Guard, how would I go about using a shadowsword or some similar baneblade variant with R&H? I figured I could just create the army under the Chaos keyword, then add a supreme command detachment with my 2 flying DP's and also slide a R&H superheavy in there?

If I am playing Death Guard, how would I go about using a shadowsword or some similar baneblade variant with R&H? I figured I could just create the army under the Chaos keyword, then add a supreme command detachment with my 2 flying DP's and also slide a R&H superheavy in there?

Not renegades but take a hell forged Falchion as its main gun is pretty similar to a storm sword

Sure the teams themselves are 3pts/m, but then you need to pay for the weapon so they really aren't all that great considering they hit on +5s.

Right, I'm not disputing that they're bad :) I'm just wondering if maybe all militia are supposed to be 3 pts, and thus a point lower than guardsmen to make up for some of their suck.

You'll only give your self a headache thinking that way

, FW really dropped the ball and did a shoddy job of renegades so it's pretty hard to tell if most of the stuff is a mistake or intentional hopefully they sort it out with a FAQ but knowing FW track record with renegades from the last edition it'll just mean I'll just renegades for good and just focus on deathguard

Edited by Plaguecaster