3k SOH long march

montambro

Hey guys got an event coming up.

Thought I would try my new SOH army.

Let me know what you think and if there are ways to be more efficient.

Army:Sons of horus

Faction: traitor

Row: the long march

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3005pts] ++

+ HQ +

Legion Centurion [125pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Power Fist

. Consul: Chaplain

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon [170pts]

. Cortus Dreadnought: Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Twin-Linked Lascannon

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon [170pts]

. Cortus Dreadnought: Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Twin-Linked Lascannon

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [110pts]

. Legion Rapier Weapons Battery: Laser Destroyer Array

. Legion Rapier Weapons Battery: Laser Destroyer Array

+ Troops +

Justaerin Terminator Squad [471pts]: 3x Chainfist, 8x Combi-Weapon, 8x Justaerin Terminators, 2x Power Fist

Justaerin Terminator Squad [424pts]: 3x Chainfist, 7x Combi-Weapon, 7x Justaerin Terminators, 2x Power Fist

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [215pts]: 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen

. Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier: Dozer Blade

. Legion Veteran Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [215pts]: 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen

. Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier: Dozer Blade

. Legion Veteran Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship [230pts]

. Four wing-mounted:: Hellstrike Missiles

. Two Turrent-mounted:: Reaper Autocannon Battery

Legion Spartan Assault Tank [375pts]: Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

+ Legion +

Legiones Astartes: XVI: Sons of Horus, Traitor

Rite of War: The Long March

+ Lords of War +

Horus the Warmaster [500pts]

++ Total: [3005pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Tactics:

Preator and boyfriends in spartan charge forward.

Horus, chaplain, and boyfriends deep strike.

2 x contemptors snipe tgts and provide security and support for close objectives.

2 x laser arrays provide anti tank str 9 ap1 ordinance

Vets provide objective secured and sec for quad lasers

Fire raptor provides flexible fire support.

I would put combi-weapons on the Justaerin/Praetor as a matter of urgency - BS5 melta/plasma (particularly with Horus' ability to pin-point deep strike) is one of our greatest strengths.

Your greatest strength is being unfit to carry the name Wolves, hence why you had to change it to the Sons of Horus and when Horus was unfit to be named after you had to change it again, commitment issues! #Routed

Also I agree with this tactical advice!

The preator is a very redundant choice considering you have Horus on the field who is going to beat up literally any combat character you're facing. A better choice for your compulsory hq would be a character that actually boosts one of your justaerin units like a chaplain. 

Also second that justaerin need combi weapons, makes them way better. 

Another thing to consider is while laser destroyers are a pretty solid anti tank weapon, they are barely going to scratch a spartan. You might consider taking graviton cannons on one unit so you can have a nearly guaranteed chance to scratch hp of heavier tanks. If you can find the pts, those vets also really need rhinos so they are not footslogging and out in the open first turn. Special weapons like plasma guns are also ideal to boost their firepower a bit. Otherwise looks like a pretty solid list, loads of justaerin seems like a fun list. 

I run something similar but all I can advise is to make sure to utilize the RoW benefits whenever possible. Use fleet and relentless the most to leverage your force. I have had good luck running a 5 man lascannon squad and two las rapiers.

Plasma every time, melta isn't that useful because of armored ceramite in 30k, and if you're hitting weak side/rear armor plasma will do the trick. Well worth getting twice the shots.

Archived