Hey all. I just thought this is a question for the people of the Adeptus Mechanicus forum. I would like to build some Breachers to finish the second milestone of my Mechanicus army but since there is a new rule edition on the way I do not know what melee arm I would be better off equipping. This probably leads to me magnetizing or pinning the arms in place so they can be swapped as needed. Does anyone in this forum have an experience magnetizing Breacher left arms? What size magnets did you use?

I managed to fit magnets into my Destroyer Grav cannon/ Plasma arms using green stuff to hold the magnets in place. The melee arms look a lot less forgiving for messy work so I thought I'd ask where people are most likely to have experience with this particular kit. Should I just wait until the new edition before deciding and save on the fiddly modelling?

Nice going. I managed to fit some 2x2 cylinder magnets in there without much problem. The hole in the arm isn't quite straight and not quite deep enough but there was enough space (obviously since you managed larger magnets). I found trying to get the hole aligned correctly tricky even with pilot holes but the shoulder armour should hide the slightly misaligned arms. I shoved some green stuff inside the torso parts to stop the magnet being pushed in too far.

Edit: I've looked at the gun arms more closely now and they are looking more difficult to magnetize. I think I'll be doing a lot more precise drilling or the guns won't align properly. Since there are cables leading to the gun mount the join will have to be between the mount and weapon. There's not much room for a magnet in the mount this time so I might have to drill a hole in the servitor shoulder section so I can sink the magnet into the gun mount correctly.

• 1 month later...

blush.png I know this is an olderish post but thought since you we're having a wee bit of trouble with the breacher arms i'd pipe in....

if the arm is too small for magnets 2x bits of brass rod drilled into the arm and then corresponding holes in the torso...it kinda plugs in to the torso like a 2 pronged fork instead of being magnetized,i don't have pics handy but it works solidly (i add a touch of Blu-Tac to make it snug),and having 2 prongs stops it from drooping down on the shoulder socket ermm.gif ..biggrin.png

anyways thats an option if the area is too small/difficult for Magnets.

cheers, Mithril

Thank you. In the end I purchased some 2x1mm disc magnets and some green stuff and persevered with that, though I messed one arc weapon up and had to use a spare left over from my Kataphron destroyer kit. Thanks for the advice about pinning a joint twice. That's a sturdy alternative.

Archived